PDA

View Full Version : Judge has thrown out Miller's restraining order against BS

starkvegasdawg
07-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Is this the legal side starting to lose steam?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Legal side never had any steam. It's a misdemeanor wasn't ever going to be a big deal.

messageboardsuperhero
07-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Legal side never had any steam. It's a misdemeanor wasn't ever going to be a big deal.

Exactly. Nothing was ever going to happen from the legal side of things.

codeDawg
07-10-2015, 05:50 PM
The absolute worst thing that could happen for Tunsil here would be a fine and some community service. The most likely result will be the case getting dropped.

msstate7
07-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Why would judge throw our restraining order? Tunsil did beat em up

EAVdog
07-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Interesting tidbits in the article. Tunsil and Momma made claims that Step-Dad was the one always with the hand out looking for payoffs. Even noted the TMZ article and said he did that for money. Are they laying the groundwork for a Cecil Newton situation? Step dad is a bad guy, he set up all the payola, Momma was scared to say no?

Because they basically just said that he was always on the take.

Liverpooldawg
07-10-2015, 06:32 PM
Yep. That appears to be the new line. A couple of Bears I know we're taking that one last week.

FlabLoser
07-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Article about the trial. Miller represented himself and was chewed up and spit out by Tunsil's lawyer.

http://oxfordcitizen.com/2015/07/10/order-of-protection-for-miller-denied-by-avent/

Lawyer also did a good job putting on a show for the NCAA. Now we are to believe the guy who can't afford a lawyer is the one taking in crootin money.

RBritt
07-10-2015, 06:40 PM
A good lawyer can fix anything in the damnedest situations really quickly.

blacklistedbully
07-10-2015, 06:52 PM
Do discounted or pro-bono legal fees constitute improper benefits? Can't imagine the Tunsils can afford the going rate for a lawyer of his caliber.

messageboardsuperhero
07-10-2015, 06:53 PM
One thing is for damn sure- Miller is an idiot for trying to defend himself against a lawyer as good as Farese. That was just moronic.

He also didn't help his cause by showing up in the courtroom in jeans and a camo shirt.

This Miller guy is clearly not a very intelligent person, and nothing will come of this on the legal side. Will the NCAA take this into account after the interview? I guess it just depends. DeVinner is an idiot and one of the biggest scumbags in football recruiting, but the NCAA sure didn't mind taking him for his word.

Liverpooldawg
07-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Isn't that lawyer one of the highest paid and highest profile ones in the state? Interesting, Miller couldn't afford a lawyer but Tunsil has one of the best in the state at a restraining order hearing.

turkish
07-10-2015, 07:27 PM
This story is as good as over.

Liverpooldawg
07-10-2015, 07:32 PM
The legal side was never the story. It's a misdemeanor assault case. That's what makes who the lawyer is really interesting. Who is paying for THAT guy to handle something like this?

FlabLoser
07-10-2015, 08:40 PM
The legal side was never the story. It's a misdemeanor assault case. That's what makes who the lawyer is really interesting. Who is paying for THAT guy to handle something like this?

You can judge the level of risk by their response.

When catfish was called out, the response was ferocious.

NCAA trouble with Tubsil = high powered lawyer that sends a 12 year old going home crying.

Tripp McNeely
07-10-2015, 09:02 PM

NCAA trouble with Tubsil = high powered lawyer that sends a 12 year old going home crying.

Give it a week fellas...media days is coming this week...what the hell else are they gonna ask Freeze about

662dawg
07-10-2015, 09:17 PM

No, they are telling me that miller is the one who sent his son off the stand crying.

msstate7
07-10-2015, 09:22 PM
If the NCAA requires financial records to clear tunsil, wonder if they'll show a payment to this lawyer.

Didn't NCAA require financial records before clearing Sidney?

Martianlander
07-10-2015, 09:47 PM
As I said in another thread, the judge is elected. Tunsil got every break and then some.

turkish
07-11-2015, 07:29 AM
If the NCAA requires financial records to clear tunsil, wonder if they'll show a payment to this lawyer.

Didn't NCAA require financial records before clearing Sidney?
I think the difference is that Sidney was needing this to proved eligibility to go to college. LT. has already been found eligible, so this burden of proof is less significant.

Coach34
07-11-2015, 09:44 AM
I think the difference is that Sidney was needing this to proved eligibility to go to college. LT. has already been found eligible, so this burden of proof is less significant.

If Miller gave the NCAA a reason to ask for them- they will ask

thf24
07-11-2015, 10:04 AM
I'm loving the Ole Miss fans on my social media feeds who are celebrating because they think this means it's over. Not that I'm counting on anything football-related to come from it, but the legal side won't have anything to do with it either way.

Denmark5050
07-11-2015, 10:56 AM
It's going to be hard to cover up who paid the lease payments in Taylor green. The church should have paid cash instead of by check.

shannondawg
07-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Exactly. Nothing was ever going to happen from the legal side of things.

I agree, but even if it did, I saw it going nowhere with elected judges presiding in Oxford.

1bigdawg
07-11-2015, 12:12 PM
I believe "pro bono" in kind legal representation can be donated to student athletes in trouble without causing a NCAA violation.

Dawgology
07-11-2015, 12:29 PM
I'm just not sure much will happen here...at least no time soon. TSun has this crap down to an art and you know the NCAA can be bought. I'm just glad some questions are being asked. Ultimately I feel some of their smaller sports will take the bullet for the NCAA to save face and the record will continue playing. I'm just ready to put the ball on the field and kick their ass.

shannondawg
07-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Bracky might even throw in a couple of sympathy scholarships to help them out,

Maroons
07-11-2015, 03:17 PM
It's going to be hard to cover up who paid the lease payments in Taylor green. The church should have paid cash instead of by check.

Well, now you have to elaborate please.

Denmark5050
07-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Well, now you have to elaborate please.

it's there

hells bells
07-11-2015, 08:01 PM
If Miller gave the NCAA a reason to ask for them- they will ask

So, what size Ass Hat? Schooled once again by the best.

sandwolf
07-11-2015, 09:24 PM
So, what size Ass Hat? Schooled once again by the best.

What?

hells bells
07-11-2015, 10:08 PM
What?

Wolf, get you-to-date, when this story broke there was nothing here. I made the response about the ass hat. ED smelled blood in the water and once again nada. I will take the ban for this post but, TSUN is the Kang of cover up.

I seen it dawg
07-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Well then ban you will get. If you ask or seek it then you can have it. Go **** yourself and have a nice day.

662dawg
07-11-2015, 10:39 PM
Well then ban you will get. If you ask or seek it then you can have it. Go **** yourself and have a nice day.

WTH is he even trying to say anyways? lol

And he's definitely a rebal if he thinks the results of that court proceeding had anything to do with how the NCAA investigation is goin to go.

Howboutdemdogs
07-12-2015, 07:24 AM
Your money mystery of LT's lawyer payment reminds me of a story of a poor boy of a single mother, who grew up and went to an Ivy League school, dooped a nation, and became a two term President. Where did the come come from? Hmmmmmmm, must have been found in the same Lucky Charms pot of gold.

Coach34
07-12-2015, 08:22 AM
WTH is he even trying to say anyways? lol

And he's definitely a rebal if he thinks the results of that court proceeding had anything to do with how the NCAA investigation is goin to go.

Thats what I'm wondering. Nobody ever said Tunsil was going to prison or something was going to come out of a simple assault case. All I saw was people talking about why the Rebs wouldnt let anything come out in court.