PDA

View Full Version : In ground dog fence

Uncle Ruckus
07-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Who's got one? I got two big dogs, lots of wildlife, decent amount of land to cover, and it needs to put some hurt into them or I fear that some goats in a nearby field may come up missing.

Prediction? Pain.
07-09-2015, 07:42 PM
My family had one for a quite a while a number of years back. We had a Doberman, a German Shepard, and a Great Dane inside the fence at various times. It worked quite well most of the time, but with the German Shepard--who was sort of erratic and prone to testing the fence more than the other dogs--we had to keep the hair around her neck cropped pretty close to keep it working.

My takeaway was that it's not 100% effective, but seemed to do the job most of the time.

BeastMan
07-09-2015, 09:15 PM
That sounds hella expensive and unfortunately I am no help

Barking 13
07-10-2015, 09:30 AM
We have the Sportdog. It works pretty good. I have it installed on an existing chain link fence. We have a dog that is prone to digging under the fence. He doesn't anymore. He'll hear the beep and back away.

http://www.sportdog.com/in-ground-fencing

GlassFacedScum
07-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Who's got one? I got two big dogs, lots of wildlife, decent amount of land to cover, and it needs to put some hurt into them or I fear that some goats in a nearby field may come up missing.

How good? most seem good.. The ones from petsmart/ Tractor supply are good .. We got one for tractor supply and it's worked out good.. They are around 200 to 300 depending on radius you want to cover. If you put it down yourself. I can be easily done but, is time consuming. If don't have one you can rent a motorized edger and that's all you really need.