PDA

View Full Version : Editing MSU?s roster for NCAA Football 14 -

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
07-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Couldn't wait any longer, so I downloaded a 2015-2016 roster file on PS3. Although I highly appreciate their efforts, the editors didn't pick the same 69 players as I would have to fill our roster, so I'm editing MSU's roster to fill roster spots according to who will see the most career on-field action. I'd keep them all if I could, but if an older player is borderline on whether he'll be a starter/contributor, I'd rather keep a younger player who will start/contribute multiple years. For example, I'd edit Damian Robinson to make room for Chris Stamps.

Asking for your help, Out of these 26, which 13 will see the most future on-field action at MSU? Players not mentioned have been added or edited already, enrollees only. Nothing to do w/ anyone being cut IRL, just the top 13 career contributors on this list, please. Thanks to anyone willing to share.

On the roster (black) Possible addition to roster (red)

HB
Alec Murphy

WR/ TE
Keith Mixon; Deddrick Thomas; Jonnas Spivey; Justin Johnson; BJ Hammond; Shelby Christy;

OL
Cole Carter; Joq Johnson; Harrison Moon; Jake Thomas; Michael Story; Ronald Cochran

DL
Johnathan Calvin; Will Coleman; Torrey Dale; Grant Harris; Braxton Hoyett; Kendell Jones; Keith Joseph Jr; Anfernee Mullins

DB
Chris Rayford; Maurice Smitherman; Chris Stamps

K/P
Westin Graves; Logan Cooke

smootness
07-09-2015, 06:29 PM
That's tough.

My 13:
A. Murphy
D. Thomas
B. Hammond
C. Carter
H. Moon
M. Story
R. Cochran
G. Harris
K. Jones
A. Mullins
M. Smitherman
C. Stamps
L. Cooke

My first two I left off would be Mixon and Joseph.

BehindTheScenes
07-09-2015, 06:32 PM
With regards to career contributions I'd say these 13: Keith Mixon, Deddrick Thomas, Harrison Moon, Michael Story, Johnathan Calvin, Will Coleman, Grant Harris, Braxton Hoyett, Kendell Jones, Anfernee Mullins, Maurice Smitherman, Chris Stamps, Logan Cooke.

Also, whenever you are done editing your version, could you share it? Would love to download it. Thanks.

thf24
07-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Any way you can export the file to some kind of spreadsheet? I've got mine done on 360 and I'd like to compare ratings. I can try to do the same if you'd like.

MedDawg
07-10-2015, 08:21 AM
Couldn't wait any longer, so I downloaded a 2015-2016 roster file on PS3. Although I highly appreciate their efforts, the editors didn't pick the same 69 players as I would have to fill our roster, so I'm editing MSU's roster to fill roster spots according to who will see the most career on-field action.

My favorite EA NCAA season was early on in the series, and I edited all of MSU's players to 90 or higher ratings and all of OM's players to the lowest possible. I beat Vandy 110-0 and Ole Miss lost every game, even to UT-Chattanooga.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
07-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Also, whenever you are done editing your version, could you share it? Would love to download it. Thanks.

sure

Any way you can export the file to some kind of spreadsheet? I've got mine done on 360 and I'd like to compare ratings. I can try to do the same if you'd like.

IDK of an easy way to do it off the top of my head but I'll try it

thf24
07-10-2015, 01:41 PM
IDK of an easy way to do it off the top of my head but I'll try it

For 360 there's a third party PC editor that you can import the roster file into and either edit it or export it as an Excel sheet, not sure if there's something similar for PS3. Don't worry about it, too much trouble if you don't already have it set up. I'll post my 70 players when I get home later; I based mine on both expected contribution and having realistic depth numbers.

thf24
07-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Here are the 70 players I included broken down by position; anyone feel free to chime in if I should remove someone you see in favor of someone else you don't. I'm also including my overall ratings as I'd like some feedback on those if anyone is willing.

QB
Dak - 99
Fitzgerald - 84
Staley - 80
D. Williams - 79

RB
Shump - 84
Lee - 83
A. Williams - 82
N. Gibson - 78
B. Holloway - 75

WR
Bear - 93
Ross - 92
D. Gray - 88
F. Brown - 86
Morrow - 86
Myles - 81
Dear - 79
Christy - 79 (may have him in the wrong place as I'm not sure if he's officially moved to TE or not)
J. Jackson - 78

TE
Walley - 84
Hutcherson - 78
Hammond - 77

LT
Warren - 87
Rankin - 87
Carter - 83
Jenkins - 81

LG
Malone - 91
J. Thomas - 80

C
Clayborn - 88
Calhoun - 82

RG
Desper - 88
Johnson - 86
D. Williams - 74

RT
Senior - 88
Robinson - 85

LE
Ry. Brown - 89
Coleman - 85
Dale - 79

RE
Jefferson - 90
Calvin - 80

DT
Jones - 92
James - 89
N. Adams - 84
C. Thomas - 84
F. Adams - 77

LOLB
B. Brown - 90
Z. Jackson - 83

MLB
Ri. Brown - 87
Green - 86
Lewis - 78

ROLB
Jung - 84
Harris - 84
J. Gray - 80

CB
Redmond - 93
T. Calhoun - 89
Jiles - 85
Cleveland - 83
Graham - 75
Stamps - 74
Smitherman - 72

FS
Bryant - 83
Evans - 79
McClaurin - 78

SS
Market - 83 (I'm assuming some post-injury dropoff in the rating, bumped speed, acceleration, and agility down)
Coman - 82 (should he be a FS? I honestly don't know given the depth changes from last year)
Peters - 82

K/P
Cooke - 87
Bell - 79 (overall rating came out low because of how I messed with the sub-ratings to get inconsistency)

Note that a lot of younger guys ratings are low because I bump the Awareness sub-rating way down to simulate inexperience. Several play better than their overall suggests except for awareness-related mistakes.

I also just realized I have two spots open because of Flowers' and Irvin-Sills' departures...