PDA

View Full Version : How much will Rashun Dixon play?

Tbonewannabe
07-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Does he take over Malcom Johnson 's role? Do we rotate several TE or go with mostly the starter? Walley seems to run routes well but Dixon seems like he might be better all around.

Dawg496
07-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Rewatching the LSU, A&M, and Auburn games, Malcolm made pretty big plays for us at critical times. He and Matt Wells will be the toughest to replace imo.

BehindTheScenes
07-09-2015, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't expect to see Rashun much. Gus Walley & Darrion Hutcherson should get the majority of snaps at TE, plus you still have BJ Hammond & Shelby Christy competing for snaps with him as well. He'll play some special teams, if anything.

Todd4State
07-09-2015, 04:48 PM
I would like to see Dixon play the Malcolm role at TE/FB/H-back with Walley being more of a hybrid TE/WR/H-back.

DanDority
07-09-2015, 05:45 PM
I was told by someone who would know," a very good friend of the Dixon family", he is no longer enrolled in school. Don't know if this is true or not. Just passing along info.

Coach34
07-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Walley and Hutch are solid #1 and #2 at TE

Todd4State
07-09-2015, 06:17 PM
I was told by someone who would know," a very good friend of the Dixon family", he is no longer enrolled in school. Don't know if this is true or not. Just passing along info.

Crazy if true because Paul Jones mentioned him in his biscuits as a player that the TE's were saying would surprise some people last week.

Forrest4Moore
07-09-2015, 06:27 PM

Deshun, the youngest brother, is the one that enrolled and went out for the team, but has now left school.

Jsndawg
07-09-2015, 06:56 PM
One of them got a DUI in Jackson and I heard later he was off the team

sandwolf
07-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Walley seems to run routes well but Dixon seems like he might be better all around.

What are you basing that statement on? Did Dixon show out in the spring game or something?

RiverCityDawg
07-10-2015, 04:53 AM
What are you basing that statement on? Did Dixon show out in the spring game or something?

Not the OP, but he could be basing that statement on the fact that so far Walley has shown to be a horrific blocker. I personally don't think we'll use the TE as much unless someone other than Walley or Hutch comes out of nowhere. In Mullen's offense you can use an extra RB or slot receiver and run the same plays… I think that's what we'll see a lot, particularly given our depth at those two spots.

BeastMan
07-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Dixon will play no significant snaps unless we have a horrific rash of injuries. People basing expectations on his last name are setting themselves up for disappointment

Tbonewannabe
07-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Well he was a 4 star safety before he went to play baseball. If I have the correct brother I am thinking about.

BeastMan
07-10-2015, 04:13 PM
Well he was a 4 star safety before he went to play baseball. If I have the correct brother I am thinking about.

All the Dixon's were great HS football players and prospects but that's been a long time

Todd4State
07-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Dixon will play no significant snaps unless we have a horrific rash of injuries. People basing expectations on his last name are setting themselves up for disappointment

I don't see why he can't be a role player for us basically as a fullback. He has the skill set to do that for us with his athleticism and measureables. At the very least I wish we had a Hanrahan type for our offense.

BeastMan
07-10-2015, 04:41 PM
I don't see why he can't be a role player for us basically as a fullback. He has the skill set to do that for us with his athleticism and measureables. At the very least I wish we had a Hanrahan type for our offense.

If his last name wasn't Dixon and he was just a random walk-on would you think the same?

Dallas_Dawg
07-10-2015, 05:44 PM
He's not a random walk-on just like Billy Hamilton and Cord Sandberg wouldn't be. There's a lot of time for him to contribute, what is he a sophomore this year?
I remember his highlight videos, he had great ball skills and hands. Master at catching the over the shoulder fade.
While I agree in tempering expectations, let's let it play out.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-10-2015, 05:56 PM
He's not a random walk-on just like Billy Hamilton and Cord Sandberg wouldn't be. There's a lot of time for him to contribute, what is he a sophomore this year?
I remember his highlight videos, he had great ball skills and hands. Master at catching the over the shoulder fade.
While I agree in tempering expectations, let's let it play out.

Only problem is if he doesn't get on the field this year it only gets tougher next year with the talent coming on campus. Walley will be a Sr, Farrod Green will have just RS, & Christian Roberson & Dontea Jones will be here in January. This is his time to make a move if he is.

Todd4State
07-10-2015, 05:58 PM
If his last name wasn't Dixon and he was just a random walk-on would you think the same?

Honestly yes- and I only say that because I can't think of anyone else on the team that can play the H-back/FB role. I've also mentioned moving Zach Jackson to FB as well because of his skill set as an athlete. I've also mentioned that Gus Walley should start at TE/H-back for us consistently over Dixon. I think Hutcherson is a blocking or attached TE, so to me he doesn't play the same position as what I would I would envision Dixon playing.

If there was someone better that could play the FB/H-back role, I would certainly be all for him. As it is Deshun's last name just happens to be Dixon, but that's not a factor to me. I like the fact that he is 6'2" 230 and is athletic.

Todd4State
07-10-2015, 06:03 PM
Only problem is if he doesn't get on the field this year it only gets tougher next year with the talent coming on campus. Walley will be a Sr, Farrod Green will have just RS, & Christian Roberson & Dontea Jones will be here in January. This is his time to make a move if he is.

Most if not all of those guys are like traditional TE's that you flex out. I see Dixon more of as a FB type. I don't know that I would consider what Dixon is as the same position as those guys even though he is listed as the same position.

I think there are ways we can use Dixon, but I don't know if you will do it or not.