PDA

View Full Version : Austin Nichols Released

Ifyouonlyknew
07-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Former Memphis big man has gotten his release. Only stipulations are he can't transfer to an AAC school, no school on their schedule this season, TN, Providence, Iowa, or Virginia. We'll see if we're in the mix with this kid. Very talented kid who would make a ton of sense if you could get him.

C222
07-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Former Memphis big man has gotten his release. Only stipulations are he can't transfer to an AAC school, no school on their schedule this season, TN, Providence, Iowa, or Virginia. We'll see if we're in the mix with this kid. Very talented kid who would make a ton of sense if you could get him.

There is a long line for him but I have been told we are in consideration. Good news that UT is out. We shall see.

Ralph
07-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Does he play the 4 or 5?

messageboardsuperhero
07-09-2015, 12:25 PM
There is a long line for him but I have been told we are in consideration. Good news that UT is out. We shall see.

Yes, UT being out of it is big.

We need to get his girlfriend/friends/whoever it is he knows here on board and recruiting for us too. There will be a lot of competition for this guy, but it is possible.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-09-2015, 12:25 PM
The 4

bgover4
07-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Yes, UT being out of it is big.

We need to get his girlfriend/friends/whoever it is he knows here on board and recruiting for us too. There will be a lot of competition for this guy, but it is possible.

I read that he is leaving memphis because of his GF so lets avoid that.

msstate7
07-09-2015, 12:33 PM
I read that he is leaving memphis because of his GF so lets avoid that.

Find em a new girlfriend*

messageboardsuperhero
07-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Notre Dame and Marquette are considered targets right now.

UM is always looking for the next transfer/quick fix, but they're on Memphis's schedule and are restricted.

WTGDawg
07-09-2015, 12:36 PM
Not claiming to be an insider, but Austin was my roommate for a couple of weeks at Duke camp one summer, and he has ties to State. I have run into him on campus plenty of times on football weekends while he was visiting some of his bestfriends from high school. Would be a HUGE pull for us, Coach K was drooling over him that summer I lived with him.

engie
07-09-2015, 12:37 PM
Dawg, IMO...

BeardoMSU
07-09-2015, 12:41 PM
Find em a new girlfriend*

We gotz girlz...

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i46/Viperjd23/Animated%20gifs/happy-hump-day-everyone-005-09112012_zps1f6209a0.gif

messageboardsuperhero
07-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Not claiming to be an insider, but Austin was my roommate for a couple of weeks at Duke camp one summer, and he has ties to State. I have run into him on campus plenty of times on football weekends while he was visiting some of his bestfriends from high school. Would be a HUGE pull for us, Coach K was drooling over him that summer I lived with him.

Good info, thanks.