PDA

View Full Version : 5 star SG Mustapha Heron sets Aug 27 visit

Maroon_and_white
07-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Heron?s father told Red Storm Report that the five-star shooting guard is down to SMU, Mississippi State, Auburn, Alabama, St. John?s and Maryland. A visit to Mississippi State is set for Aug. 27, while the plan is to visit all of the schools between August and September.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/mustapha-heron-cuts-to-six-schools/

http://247sports.com/Player/Mustapha-Heron-28720

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Talk about a program's light switch being turned on over night & getting a swift kick in the ass.

This Howland guy is the real deal.

Dawg496
07-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Howland doing work.

Bullsy
07-09-2015, 11:22 AM
What a great name. Fun to say

MUSTAPHA! MUSTAPHA! MUSTAPHA!

MUSTAPHAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

smootness
07-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Yes, Howland is certainly the real deal. There's no doubt that hiring him was a brilliant move.

I was initially skeptical when his name was thrown out because of the rumors of how his tenure at UCLA ended, but after reading more about what actually happened and seeing what he's already doing, it was one of the best hires in the last 5+ years in college basketball.

TheRef
07-09-2015, 11:26 AM
So....ummmm....we're back, baby. If we don't have students lining up for games this year, I'll be sorely disappointed in the students. I'm sad I just graduated before this.

38843dawg
07-09-2015, 12:11 PM
paging Ifyouonlyknew paging Ifyouonlyknew....

Any info?

ScoobaDawg
07-09-2015, 12:13 PM
So....ummmm....we're back, baby. If we don't have students lining up for games this year, I'll be sorely disappointed in the students. I'm sad I just graduated before this.

I'm sure there is another degree you could earn...

I was just looking at next years targets that were mentioned and kinda half-hearted thought dang no 5 stars? Not really expecting it that fast.
If he lands Heron some how... which I have no doubt he can't. Things are gonna get special potentially quickly.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-09-2015, 12:21 PM
paging Ifyouonlyknew paging Ifyouonlyknew....

Any info?

I had posted this in the Kegler thread earlier this morning

Update: Look like we can add another SG to the list. 5* SG Mustapha Herron from Waterbury, CT released his final 6 schools. St. John, Alabama, Auburn, SMU, MSU, & Maryland. Former Pitt commit. He's scheduled to visit MSU August 27th. St John appears to be the favorite right now but get him on campus & let our guys work their magic. This staff is going to change the way we think about recruiting for MSU. St. John is the favorite & Bama has made a good impression. I wouldn't bet against our staff for any kid but going into the visit we have some work to do but he's seen those other 2 schools so I'm not worried.

TheRef
07-09-2015, 12:22 PM
I'm sure there is another degree you could earn...

I was just looking at next years targets that were mentioned and kinda half-hearted thought dang no 5 stars? Not really expecting it that fast.
If he lands Heron some how... which I have no doubt he can't. Things are gonna get special potentially quickly.

Oh I know there is...but I'd like to have a small bit of cash flow before I start thinking about that. :P

Coach34
07-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks Adidas

Ifyouonlyknew
07-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Add Marquette to his list of schools. Also KY is watching him closely. I think they would have to miss on a few kids for him to be a take but just something to watch.

Dawg61
07-09-2015, 01:15 PM
Avery Johnson seems to be off to a good start at Bama. He signed the Memphis transfer and now he's also on Heron's shortlist.

TheDogFather
07-09-2015, 07:39 PM
The Rick Ray era seems so far away. To think Rays's end was so intensely denied for so long is just mind-blowing.