PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre that 2 NFL players lose fingers in fireworks accidents.

DancingRabbit
07-08-2015, 10:58 PM
Jason Pierre-Paul has his right index finger amputated and C.J. Wilson, a Tampa backup CB lost two fingers. It's a shame for those guys but obviously very poor judgment on their part.

Smitty
07-08-2015, 11:02 PM
JPP will be able to play, the cornerback not so much.

ShotgunDawg
07-08-2015, 11:06 PM
Jason Pierre-Paul has his right index finger amputated and C.J. Wilson, a Tampa backup CB lost two fingers. It's a shame for those guys but obviously very poor judgment on their part.

How do you know it was poor judgement?

Lots of people shoot fireworks on the 4th of July & no one ever considers it "poor judgement"

Without knowing the entire story, I'm not sure how you can say that.

DancingRabbit
07-08-2015, 11:50 PM
How do you know it was poor judgement?

Lots of people shoot fireworks on the 4th of July & no one ever considers it "poor judgement"

Without knowing the entire story, I'm not sure how you can say that.

I think a lot of people thought it was poor judgment that the guy in Maine killed himself shooting fireworks off his head and the guy in Texas that killed himself shooting fireworks off his chest.

Maybe I should have said "probably" instead of "obviously". I'm sure there are exceptions but I would wager that most fireworks accidents are a result of poor judgment.

I'm a lucky example. As a kid I let a firecracker explode in my finger-tips. Luckily a burn and some bruising was the only harm. But being engaged in a firecracker battle with some buddies was "probably" poor judgment.

SDDawg
07-09-2015, 01:19 AM
If you lose an appendage shooting off fireworks at a holiday, by definition your judgment was poor. No debating that.

FlabLoser
07-09-2015, 07:02 AM
Nobody loses fingers lighting a fuse and walking away.

Drugdog
07-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Nobody loses fingers lighting a fuse and walking away.

That's so simple but true

AROB44
07-10-2015, 08:08 AM
It's not "poor judgment"....it just plain stupidity. Poor judgment can be overcome.....there is no cure of being stupid. As for the guy that shot them off his head and was killed......law of the jungle...survival of the fittest...

starkvegasdawg
07-10-2015, 08:48 AM
What's bad is I saw the parents of the guy in Maine that died shooting fireworks off his head are now calling for a law to be passed to require mandatory training before you can purchase and shoot fireworks. I guess they want you to have a fireworks license to shoot a bottle rocket. I'm sorry the family is having to go through the grief of burying their son, but punishing the rest of the people because your son was a stupid drunken idiot is not the answer. I'm not sure what is worse. That he was stupid and drunk enough to think this was a good idea or that everybody else in the group was also stupid and drunk enough to not stop him. Maybe if your IQ is that of a bag of potatoes you should strongly consider laying off the booze.

Rayburn8
07-10-2015, 09:01 AM
Adam Schefter(mispelled) needs for be fired for putting out JPP medical report. Lost a lot of respect for him when he did that.