PDA

View Full Version : Neal McCready is a true POS

ShotgunDawg
07-08-2015, 08:38 PM
So.... right now Neal McCready is calling out Riley Blevins on twitter for his report on the Tunsil story.

Neal McCready
‏@NealMcCready Neal McCready retweeted Riley Blevins
In related news, man lands on moon, Pearl Harbor attacked, Lincoln shot at Ford's Theatre.

Riley Blevins ‏@Riley_Blevins 14m14 minutes ago
@NealMcCready Why is all of this so personal to you?

Neal McCready
I think the reporting is atrociously bad.

Who does McCready think he is?

This is without a doubt one of the most unprofessional, defensive, little man comments I've ever seen.

Here Blevins is DOING HIS JOB, and all McCready can do is act like bully because he doesn't like the content of what Blevins is reporting.

I believe it's OK for people to disagree on topics & voice their opinions, but McCready is failing to recognize that this Blevins job &, with that, comes a level respect that others in the media should have for that person. I think it's perfectly fine for McCready to disagree with Blevins', but you don't make personal.

This makes McCready look like bad guy. This is a bad guy move & one that highlights how defensive that side is getting in this entire ordeal.

What a POS

It's all in response to this article that Blevins released tonight: http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2015/07/08/tunsils-stepdad-previous-domestic-charge/29890863/

BTW, I'm linking the story instead of copying & pasting because I think we should all give Blevins as many page views as possible.

5 Star
07-08-2015, 08:45 PM
I hate all journalists. They can all take their snark and shove it sideways. If the roles were reversed, we'd hate Blevins and love McReady. Remember that. However, I think it's more severe when someone hates on Ole Miss since they have more influence in the media.

ShotgunDawg
07-08-2015, 08:46 PM
I hate all journalists. They can all take their snark and shove it sideways. If the roles were reversed, we'd hate Blevins and love McReady. Remember that. However, I think it's more severe when someone hates on Ole Miss since they have more influence in the media.

My questions is: what has Blevins done wrong except chase the story?

Is McCready just trying to the Rebz hero so he can gain more subscribers?

5 Star
07-08-2015, 08:48 PM
Nothing. But I'd still be pissed if it was MSU in jeopardy, just due to my bias.

Of course.

starkvegasdawg
07-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Seeing the Bears and their minions this worked up and defensive show the truth of events they want to keep hidden are scary close to being exposed. They're not even trying to deny the facts. They're just attacking anybody going after them.

BrunswickDawg
07-08-2015, 08:51 PM
I seem to recall Veazy catching a lot of shit about doing his job too. The difference is it wasn't from someone in the "media" like McCready.

dawgclub99
07-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Nothing will come of this just like most expect. It will be covered up and well hidden and they will move on. Only teams like us get hit with sanctions.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-08-2015, 08:58 PM
OM was gonna use the he's got a history of domestic abuse angle & Blevins showed that the lady was batshit crazy now they have to go back to the drawing board

HailState39110
07-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Has Neal ever thought about the fact that the Clarion Ledger caters to a much wider audience than a few fanatical testosteroned filled alpha males looking for one sided articles ?

ShotgunDawg
07-08-2015, 09:00 PM
I seem to recall Veazy catching a lot of shit about doing his job too. The difference is it wasn't from someone in the "media" like McCready.

That's what makes this so ridiculous. These are two professionals & one of them is being completely unprofessional & a bully. I completely understand Ole Miss people getting upset with Blevins' for doing his job, but McCready is different.

dawgclub99
07-08-2015, 09:05 PM
He got his ass thrown out of Alabama for being a lieing POS. It is progressively moving toward getting a one-way ticket out of Mississippi as well.

Coach34
07-08-2015, 09:12 PM
OM was gonna use the he's got a history of domestic abuse angle & Blevins showed that the lady was batshit crazy now they have to go back to the drawing board

ding ding ding

Really Clark?
07-08-2015, 09:15 PM
I never caught the fact, until this article, that Tunsil also had his 12 year old step brother included in the restraining order. Really? A 12 year old?

And to add, they are also now going to have a hard time proving history of domestic violence. Especially since he got custody of his two sons. Men with any type of violent history don't get custody over the mom unless, like ifyouonlyknew said, mom was nuts and/or violent herself.

Pollodawg
07-08-2015, 09:19 PM
"Journalism" at its finest. McReady looks like a massive douche now if he didn't already. Psssst, Neal, the only person taking this personally is you, bud.

TopDog58
07-08-2015, 09:24 PM
That's what makes this so ridiculous. These are two professionals & one of them is being completely unprofessional & a bully. I completely understand Ole Miss people getting upset with Blevins' for doing his job, but McCready is different.
Wrong. There is nothing professional about McReady, Rounsaville, and their ilk. They love to go on radio shows and act like impartial beat writers, which is far from the truth. Its responses like this where they cant let their fandom go. Blevins is right, hes taking it perosnally just like ALL of the scUM fans

5 Star
07-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Has Neal ever thought about the fact that the Clarion Ledger caters to a much wider audience than a few fanatical estrogen filled beta males looking for one sided articles ?
Fixed that for you.

phatdog
07-08-2015, 09:25 PM
and McReady was fired from the last newspaper job he had.

Liverpooldawg
07-08-2015, 09:28 PM
There is nothing at all wrong with that article except it shoots down the angle the homers were about to go after the stepdad with. They are going to go after Blevins HARD I think. If this goes where it might he won't care one BIT.

ShotgunDawg
07-08-2015, 09:36 PM
At the conclusion of this, the CL may have to switch Blevins' & Bonner's beats

smootness
07-08-2015, 09:43 PM
I never caught the fact, until this article, that Tunsil also had his 12 year old step brother included in the restraining order. Really? A 12 year old?

And to add, they are also now going to have a hard time proving history of domestic violence. Especially since he got custody of his two sons. Men with any type of violent history don't get custody over the mom unless, like ifyouonlyknew said, mom was nuts and/or violent herself.

I believe it was Miller who was awarded the restraining order against Tunsil, and he included the 12-year-old in it...meaning Tunsil can't go near Miller's son. That's the way I read it.

FlabLoser
07-08-2015, 09:46 PM
Never take personal offenses with a guy that has truckloads of news print and a giant website.

The CL isn't the New York Times, but it is the biggest voice in the state.

John Farley
07-08-2015, 09:59 PM
thats the "if we don't talk about it, it might go away" angle. In other words "Riley is kicking all of our asses on this story so let me be my usual self "

LC Dawg
07-08-2015, 10:03 PM
At the conclusion of this, the CL may have to switch Blevins' & Bonner's beats

Yeah, it could be a miserable Fall in Oxford for Blevins living amongst those idiots. And I wouldn't expect their athletic department to treat him professionally either.

ShotgunDawg
07-08-2015, 10:13 PM
Neal adds:

Neal McCready ‏@NealMcCready 57m57 minutes ago Mississippi, USA
While I'm pissing people off, I think Ole Miss' response has been poor. It backed Miller into a corner off the bat. ...

Neal McCready ‏@NealMcCready 56m56 minutes ago Mississippi, USA
Also, just my opinion, but I don't acknowledge an "investigation" until I get a preliminary letter of inquiry.

I agree with Neal's first tweet, but, in regards to the 2nd one, is this a new investigation or an extension of the one that is already happening?

Pollodawg
07-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Neal adds:

While I'm pissing people off, I think Ole Miss' response has been poor. It backed Miller into a corner off the bat. ...

Also, just my opinion, but I don't acknowledge an "investigation" until I get a preliminary letter of inquiry.

I agree with Neal's first tweet, but, in regards to the 2nd one, is this a new investigation or an extension of the one that is already happening?

Someone should tweet and ask him if there is no investigation, what is it that Ole Miss is "cooperating with fully"?

hells bells
07-08-2015, 10:20 PM
ding ding ding

C34 nailed it. The Miller case in Florida was more about the ex-wife being a head case and the restraining order. Plus lose of the passport and add custody of the two sons with Dad Miller currently in Oxford. Every obstacle will be thrown at the media, social media and ED to avoid the obvious. Sum'em up in Oxfart and it ain't good.

Bubb Rubb
07-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Neal adds:

Neal is an idiot. There is no public disclosure of a PLOI anymore thanks to the "new and innovative process" with NCAA dealings that the Rebels previously enacted a few years ago. In other words, they lawyer up, and then those documents are protected from freedom of info requests.

JDog13
07-08-2015, 10:54 PM

http://i58.tinypic.com/23vesr4.jpg

messageboardsuperhero
07-08-2015, 11:42 PM
It's gone to full on "attempt to discredit anyone who says anything even remotely negative about UM" mode.

ETA: I just don't understand why McCready would even say that- he just comes off as an ass.

Irondawg
07-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Did anyone catch David Johnson on Home Cookin about a week ago. John phrased a question very innocently (even though I'm pretty sure he was playing the angle) - about was it common for families to move to the college town where their son goes to school. The realistic answer is it's uncommon but does happen sometimes. Tunsil's family wasn't breaking new ground there.

Instead DJ starts some side conversation about his son signing with Ole Miss and you could tell it was pissing John off a little bit b/c of the way in which he was avoiding the question. All he had to say was "yeah, it happens sometimes" and let that be the end of it. Instead he comes off like he's really trying to hide something.

messageboardsuperhero
07-09-2015, 12:14 AM
Did anyone catch David Johnson on Home Cookin about a week ago. John phrased a question very innocently (even though I'm pretty sure he was playing the angle) - about was it common for families to move to the college town where their son goes to school. The realistic answer is it's uncommon but does happen sometimes. Tunsil's family wasn't breaking new ground there.

Instead DJ starts some side conversation about his son signing with Ole Miss and you could tell it was pissing John off a little bit b/c of the way in which he was avoiding the question. All he had to say was "yeah, it happens sometimes" and let that be the end of it. Instead he comes off like he's really trying to hide something.

How long has Johnson lived/worked in Oxford? I assume far longer than his son was even on the radar of college football recruiters.

It's totally different from a reportedly lower/working class family somehow finding a way to afford a much more expensive second house after their son goes to college. The two situations aren't even remotely comparable.

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2015, 12:24 AM
So.... right now Neal McCready is calling out Riley Blevins on twitter for his report on the Tunsil story.

Neal McCready
In related news, man lands on moon, Pearl Harbor attacked, Lincoln shot at Ford's Theatre.

Riley Blevins ‏@Riley_Blevins 14m14 minutes ago
@NealMcCready Why is all of this so personal to you?

Neal McCready
I think the reporting is atrociously bad.

Who does McCready think he is?

This is without a doubt one of the most unprofessional, defensive, little man comments I've ever seen.

Here Blevins is DOING HIS JOB, and all McCready can do is act like bully because he doesn't like the content of what Blevins is reporting.

I believe it's OK for people to disagree on topics & voice their opinions, but McCready is failing to recognize that this Blevins job &, with that, comes a level respect that others in the media should have for that person. I think it's perfectly fine for McCready to disagree with Blevins', but you don't make personal.

This makes McCready look like bad guy. This is a bad guy move & one that highlights how defensive that side is getting in this entire ordeal.

What a POS

It's all in response to this article that Blevins released tonight: http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2015/07/08/tunsils-stepdad-previous-domestic-charge/29890863/

BTW, I'm linking the story instead of copying & pasting because I think we should all give Blevins as many page views as possible.

I love it. The more he pokes the dog, the more determined Blevins will be to dig and get to the bottom of it. I hope that "unbiased journalist" keeps calling out Blevins. He knows he's got something and won't let it go.

sandwolf
07-09-2015, 01:02 AM
There is nothing at all wrong with that article except it shoots down the angle the homers were about to go after the stepdad with.

Oh, they have already been using this angle......I have seen it referenced on nafoom multiple times.

Spiderman
07-09-2015, 07:23 AM
Neal adds:

Hey McCready, A PLI is basically an indictment. Not the start of an investigation. Barry Switzer said in his book he wrote that if a school gets an PLI, The NCAA has pretty much just charged you. It's now your turn to try to defend. So it's like getting indicted. Lot's of people think a PLI is the start. It is the time you can start to defend pretty much.

BiscuitEater
07-09-2015, 07:39 AM
Neal adds:

OM 'announced' that THEY were going to open there OWN investigation too. Is Neal not going to write about that one either?

starkvegasdawg
07-09-2015, 07:49 AM
OM 'announced' that THEY were going to open there OWN investigation too. Is Neal not going to write about that one either?

Ole Miss investigative tools:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51tABXkGGQL._SY300_.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/266db249e09c10a7c16169d5a8efc021_45456082807032902 .gif

BulldogBear
07-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Ole Miss investigative tools:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51tABXkGGQL._SY300_.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/266db249e09c10a7c16169d5a8efc021_45456082807032902 .gifNice! You get a sticker

Technetium
07-09-2015, 08:39 AM
Need to photoshop the bag of cash to say "Nike" instead of "Adidas"

SheltonChoked
07-09-2015, 11:05 AM
I'd be angry if it was MSU, but it's not like he dug this up on his own. He started by reporting on a Police call against a potential Top 5 NFL draft pick on his beat.

What the hell is he supposed to do. This is his job. And he seems to be treating this fairly in reporting all sides he can find. I don't know what else you'd want from a reporter.

Like I've said, I hope Ole Miss AD bans him for this. I'd love to see the blowback from the national media.

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2015, 11:15 AM
I'd be angry if it was MSU, but it's not like he dug this up on his own. He started by reporting on a Police call against a potential Top 5 NFL draft pick on his beat.

What the hell is he supposed to do. This is his job. And he seems to be treating this fairly in reporting all sides he can find. I don't know what else you'd want from a reporter.

Like I've said, I hope Ole Miss AD bans him for this. I'd love to see the blowback from the national media.

This seems to be the disconnect. Ole Miss fans are upset that he isn't reporting both sides of the story, but he can only do that if the other side will give him something to report.

If Ole Miss, Tunsil, Momma Tunsil, etc aren't going to talk, then he can only report Miller's side of the story. What's he supposed to do, sit on the story until he has both sides?

That's ridiculous.

SheltonChoked
07-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Oh I agree. But Blevins is digging into Miller's background and reporting what he finds...

Methinks this is what the Rebs are really concerned about. When does he find confirmation about who owns certain houses, or how they are paying bills, etc.?

I would think attacking a reporter, that seems from an outsider to be reporting fairly, that represents the largest print media company in the US, is a very bad plan.

As an MSU fan, I hope they keep it up. Pile on Rebs. Get on facebook and twitter calling him a hack. File a Libel lawsuit. Ban him from practice. and do it this week before SEC Media Days...

Tbonewannabe
07-09-2015, 11:47 AM
The Clarion Ledger reported when Anthony Dixon got the DUI. I can't remember if it was front page or not but it was the main headline in the Sports section. Dixon also wasn't a preseason top 10 pick in the NFL draft.

SheltonChoked
07-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Exactly. And Mullen kept his mouth shut.

Dawgcentral
07-09-2015, 07:24 PM
If you're McReady, and have a venue to express your opinion, you do so by writing an op-Ed piece stating your opinion. You don't mention another writer. You simply write a piece that declares the facts known at this time, and your observations of those known facts.

Calling out the OM beat writer is simply petty and transparent. You'd think he would at least cast some insignificant amour of objectivity. Instead he attempts to shore up an alliance.

It's pitiful. And he needs to be called out in the open on it. He just left the house with his fly open. Someone tell him for the sake of everyone.

TheDogFather
07-09-2015, 07:41 PM
It's like when the Obama admin is dumbfounded when the media fails to protect them.

messageboardsuperhero
07-09-2015, 08:00 PM
Here's the deal with Blevins's reporting- if he was our beat writer chasing this story, we'd be upset too. That's just the way things go with fans. Would it be reasonable for us to be upset? Not really, but we're just fans who don't want to see anything bad reported about our school. With that said...

If he was reporting this stuff happening to MSU as our beat writer, does anyone in their right mind actually think that Neal McCready would be calling Blevins out for "atrocious reporting?" HELL. NO. He would be siding with Blevins and acting like a snarky ass, saying that MSU fans were being ridiculous, stupid, rednecks, etc.

McCready saying he's upset about Blevins's work on this story does not have one damn thing to do with journalistic integrity. Where was Neal's outrage when Yancy Porter openly admitted to lying to his readers to "throw off the competition and help the Johnny Rebs?" Nowhere. What did Neal say about Chuck Rounsaville for failing to mention that Miller's domestic violence charge from 2002 was dropped after it was proven to be bogus? Not a word.

If you're going to appoint yourself as the integrity police- how about you don't just call out the people who happen to be reporting not-so-positive stuff to UM? If not, you just come off looking like an jerk/homer instead of the "unbiased journalist" you claim to be. That's my .02 cents anyway.

messageboardsuperhero
07-09-2015, 08:02 PM
This seems to be the disconnect. Ole Miss fans are upset that he isn't reporting both sides of the story, but he can only do that if the other side will give him something to report.

If Ole Miss, Tunsil, Momma Tunsil, etc aren't going to talk, then he can only report Miller's side of the story. What's he supposed to do, sit on the story until he has both sides?

That's ridiculous.

Exactly. The only thing anyone has officially heard at all from that side was Bjork's statement about the Tunsil interview- which Blevins reported immediately.