PDA

View Full Version : Honest question!

shannondawg
07-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Am tempted to bet my tsun buddy that we will have a better record in Football, if he will bet me the same on Basketball. What are our chances in FB. I know basketball is cloudy because of new coach ect, but I desperately want to win the bet in football. More a pride thing rather than money as its only nomial amount.

As Bill Oreilly says what say you?

CadaverDawg
07-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Am tempted to bet my tsun buddy that we will have a better record in Football, if he will bet me the same on Basketball. What are our chances in FB. I know basketball is cloudy because of new coach ect, but I desperately want to win the bet in football. More a pride thing rather than money as its only nomial amount.

Many will disagree with me, but I'll tell you my opinion....

I wouldn't take the football bet. Not because I think we'll be a worse team, but because they have a much more favorable schedule in my opinion. We have too many people chalking up games like @A&M and @Mizzou as Wins, when those will be extremely tough games.

In basketball, I would bet him if he will do it. We will be better than them in hoops.

See if you can just get him to bet you on the Egg Bowl and the Hoops teams, and you'll go home a winner IMO. However, if you aren't betting BIG money, and want to make it interesting, bet his ass and hope that this Tunsil thing blows up and becomes a distraction leading to a 6-6/7-5 season for the Bears. We'll win at least 7 (likely 8) and one will be the Egg.

Bullsy
07-08-2015, 11:57 AM
Bet him: 1) the football season, 2) the egg bow straight up, and 3) the basketball season

That way, nobody breaks even

smootness
07-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Bet him: 1) the football season, 2) the egg bow straight up, and 3) the basketball season

That way, nobody breaks even

True, Shannon wins all three.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-08-2015, 12:32 PM

I wouldn't take the football bet. Not because I think we'll be a worse team, but because they have a much more favorable schedule in my opinion. We have too many people chalking up games like @A&M and @Mizzou as Wins, when those will be extremely tough games.

In basketball, I would bet him if he will do it. We will be better than them in hoops.

See if you can just get him to bet you on the Egg Bowl and the Hoops teams, and you'll go home a winner IMO. However, if you aren't betting BIG money, and want to make it interesting, bet his ass and hope that this Tunsil thing blows up and becomes a distraction leading to a 6-6/7-5 season for the Bears. We'll win at least 7 (likely 8) and one will be the Egg..

shannondawg
07-08-2015, 01:18 PM
I have a standing bet with him on egg bowl.

I am going to try just basketball. If pushed I'll do the football. Hoping for the Tunsil meltdown.

smootness
07-08-2015, 01:23 PM
The whole home/road thing could work out as an advantage or disadvantage for both teams.

State's home games: NW State, Troy, La Tech, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss, Alabama
OM's homes games: UT Martin, NMSU, Fresno State, Vandy, A&M, Arkansas, LSU

Fairly comparable, we have it slightly tougher with Alabama vs. A&M. Both have 4 guaranteed wins there, 1 or 2 probables, and a couple toss-ups.

State's road games: Southern, A&M, Auburn, Arkansas, Missouri
OM's road games: Memphis, Florida, Auburn, State, Alabama

Again fairly comparable but the increased difficulty in their road schedule is pretty comparable to the gap in home schedules.

I don't see how ours is clearly tougher at all. It could be a disadvantage to have A&M, Missouri, and Arkansas on the road, or it could be an advantage if we win them. Similarly it could be a disadvantage for OM to have to play Bama and State on the road, or it could help them win more home toss-up games. They're pretty even.

I think we're likely to go at least 3-2 on the road, where that's probably the best they can hope for. And I think they're likely to go at least 5-2 or 6-1 at home, where it will be tougher for us to do that. If you think we overlook A&M and Missouri, they probably do the same with Arkansas, LSU, and Florida.

lachepas565
07-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Go with basketball. Ole Miss lost a lot in Summers and White, then lost their best big in Coleby. Moody was good, but is coming off a leg injury and it seemed like teams had him figured out by the end of last year.

I'm not sure how much Howland will be able to do in this first year, but I think 16 or 17 wins will be enough to best Ole Miss.

smootness
07-08-2015, 01:36 PM
We're going dancing this year. Definitely bet basketball.

Coach34
07-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Ole Missus has 4 for sure losses. I can't see any way we go less than 8-4 outside of Dakota going down

coastdoglover
07-08-2015, 01:57 PM
I would do it on all three. I think we win the egg Bowl so all you have to do is split the other two and you could win all three. Basketball could be close but I think with the folks who have left the Bears they won't be as good but Kennedy always has a transfer coming in who can play.

I have a standing bet with him on egg bowl.

I am going to try just basketball. If pushed I'll do the football. Hoping for the Tunsil meltdown.

maroonmania
07-08-2015, 02:02 PM

See if you can just get him to bet you on the Egg Bowl and the Hoops teams, and you'll go home a winner IMO. However, if you aren't betting BIG money, and want to make it interesting, bet his ass and hope that this Tunsil thing blows up and becomes a distraction leading to a 6-6/7-5 season for the Bears. We'll win at least 7 (likely 8) and one will be the Egg.

Agree on the schedule, Vandy will likely be their easiest game of the year and its a conference game whereas we get the defending SEC East champ on the road. FL for them and KY for us should actual be comparable competition since I don't think either will be very good this year but neither are gimmes. Rest of the schedules are also fairly comparable but our last 4 games in a row are brutal.

Political Hack
07-08-2015, 02:12 PM
if you make the bet, he could lose as early as November whereas you could only lose as early as February. Given, you have a +2 month "rub it in your face" period, which to me makes the bet worth taking.

Dawg61
07-08-2015, 02:20 PM
MSU still suffers from little man syndrome if you listen to a lot of our fans. We were IN the playoff till the last game of the season. We return the Heisman favorite till the Bama game at the most important position on the field. Y'all are worried about aTm and Mizzou? Really? Those teams have to be scared of us not the other way around. I think we will skull **** teams this year. 10-2 is my prediction. Take all three bets. OM doesn't have a proven QB, their best players is returning from a badly broken ankle and they have a mess on their hands with Big Softie. Not to mention Boner Nkemdiche is going to make the news soon and it won't be positive. MSU 10-2 OM 8-4

Pollodawg
07-08-2015, 02:34 PM
MSU still suffers from little man syndrome if you listen to a lot of our fans. We were IN the playoff till the last game of the season. We return the Heisman favorite till the Bama game at the most important position on the field. Y'all are worried about aTm and Mizzou? Really? Those teams have to be scared of us not the other way around. I think we will skull **** teams this year. 10-2 is my prediction. Take all three bets. OM doesn't have a proven QB, their best players is returning from a badly broken ankle and they have a mess on their hands with Big Softie. Not to mention Boner Nkemdiche is going to make the news soon and it won't be positive. MSU 10-2 OM 8-4

Agree with the post, but spill it about Boner. lol

basedog
07-08-2015, 02:42 PM

shannondawg, I need your blessings for 2 season tickets (basketball), my Ticketmaster let the season tickets go during Ray's hiring. Look at it like this, I can give you a lesson or two on 101 Coaching Basketball for free in exchange!

Big E approves this message so does Herb. lol!

Dawg496
07-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Without Tunsil they lose at Florida along with the rest of their three away SEC games.

Without Tunsil they also will drop one of LSU or Arkansas, possibly both.

Dawg61
07-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Agree with the post, but spill it about Boner. lol

No news other than Boner is a Narcissist addicted to attention and he hasn't been getting very much of it right now.

Treemydawg
07-08-2015, 04:03 PM
MSU still suffers from little man syndrome if you listen to a lot of our fans. We were IN the playoff till the last game of the season. We return the Heisman favorite till the Bama game at the most important position on the field. Y'all are worried about aTm and Mizzou? Really? Those teams have to be scared of us not the other way around. I think we will skull **** teams this year. 10-2 IS MY PREDICTION. Take all three bets. OM doesn't have a proven QB, their best players is returning from a badly broken ankle and they have a mess on their hands with Big Softie. Not to mention Boner Nkemdiche is going to make the news soon and it won't be positive. MSU 10-2 OM 8-4

The wool is strong with this one. Haha love it.

smootness
07-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Agree on the schedule, Vandy will likely be their easiest game of the year and its a conference game whereas we get the defending SEC East champ on the road. FL for them and KY for us should actual be comparable competition since I don't think either will be very good this year but neither are gimmes. Rest of the schedules are also fairly comparable but our last 4 games in a row are brutal.

I don't fully disagree, but @Florida and Kentucky at home are not at all comparable.

Bullsy
07-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Tell your friend I'll bet him in all three.... $1000 each bet

Ill take the dawgs for the season in football and basketball then Egg Bowl straight up. Bring it on!!

I aint skurd