PDA

View Full Version : If Ole Miss gets blasted with Sanctions.....

Pollodawg
07-07-2015, 11:09 PM
And I mean real sanctions like a bowl ban or a reduction of scholarships and what not, does Freeze bolt if given the opportunity? Personally, I think he would. What say ye, Elitedawgs?

And if a thread like this already exists, my apologies.

Ralph
07-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Not sure where he'd go. If sanctions came it's likely Freeze would be forced out, but not bolt for anywhere.

BeardoMSU
07-07-2015, 11:24 PM
He'd likely move to Kentucky and be a door-greeter at the Creation Museum. His first act in that position would be to replace the baby triceratops [wearing the saddle] with a a beaver******

http://www.cornel1801.com/disney/Lady-Tramp-1955/pictures/53.jpg

deltadawg99
07-07-2015, 11:36 PM
If he could he'd leave Oxford faster than Ron Meyer left Dallas & SMU

BeardoMSU
07-07-2015, 11:40 PM
Don't y'all forget though: Freeze turned down Florida, lol....he'll be able to pick and choose where he lands. He's a coach in demand. He'll probably take over for the NE Patriots when Bel retires***

Todd4State
07-08-2015, 12:19 AM
Not sure where he'd go. If sanctions came it's likely Freeze would be forced out, but not bolt for anywhere.

I think this is correct. Because if sanctions are handed down, the Ole Miss administration is going to suddenly act like Freeze was behind the thing the whole time- and they're going to need a scapegoat. And that's almost always the head football coach in these situations.

I think Freeze would end up somewhere like Delta State or Mississippi College after taking a year or two off if this were to happen.

mstatefan91
07-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Please read this thread by Bafoom.. I just... how willfully gullible are these people?

http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/51863/Guys-IT-is-here

starkvegasdawg
07-08-2015, 02:40 AM
Please read this thread by Bafoom.. I just... how willfully gullible are these people?

http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/51863/Guys-IT-is-here

Yep, their buttholes are so puckered right now that's what they're using to whistle past the graveyard.

fader2103
07-08-2015, 06:44 AM
I don't know much bout those
Idiots up north. Can someone clue me in on what auburn apparently did to them last year ? Besides bear them?

thf24
07-08-2015, 07:38 AM
IF OM gets blasted and Freeze either decides to bail or has that decision made for him, I think it's going to be tough for him to find another position of any kind of prestige without waiting at least a few years. A major selling point of his in both recruiting and his program in general is all the faith and morals stuff, and his credibility in that area is going to be shot if it comes out he's been in any way complicit in the recruiting antics. Should be shot already if anyone outside Mississippi bothered to take a look at what he preaches vs. what his players and recruits do and say, but that's beside the point.

StThierry
07-08-2015, 08:33 AM
MC will love him because he could preach not only to the team, but at every chapel service.

Coackjek
07-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Idiots up north. Can someone clue me in on what auburn apparently did to them last year ? Besides bear them?

My guess would be their delusion lead them to believe Auburn purposely broke Treadwell's leg.

Pollodawg
07-08-2015, 09:52 AM
If this does blow up on them and Freeze is made the scapegoat, he will exit--either forcibly or of his own volition--and he will sit out a couple of seasons, maybe spend some time as a coordinator somewhere, then end up at a mid-major. That's just my two cents.

Liverpooldawg
07-08-2015, 09:57 AM
I'm sure Arkansas State would take him back unless he gets a show cause thing.

blacklistedbully
07-08-2015, 10:04 AM

Perhaps the Austin Golson transfer?

archdog
07-08-2015, 10:50 AM
I think this is correct. Because if sanctions are handed down, the Ole Miss administration is going to suddenly act like Freeze was behind the thing the whole time- and they're going to need a scapegoat. And that's almost always the head football coach in these situations.

I think Freeze would end up somewhere like Delta State or Mississippi College after taking a year or two off if this were to happen.

I have to disagree. I do not think Freeze is leaving Ole Miss anytime soon for any reason, whether that being forced out or a better gig comes calling. Freeze is pretty much just like Mullen in this regard. They fit with each fanbase to a T, expectations have been established, recruiting is where it needs to be to be competitive any given Saturday, and they have the opportunity to build something at a school and become what Joe Pa was for Penn State long term. Mullen and Freeze have work yet to accomplish before this even becomes an option. Look for this rivalry to continue for the next 10 years.

Now understand that all this can be undone if the NCAA would just read this board for the many infractions that UM obviously has taken part in since the CJ Johnson saga a few years ago. If 1/2 of the accusations can be linked to truth, UM and Freeze will be thoroughly slapped on the wrist and will be made to sit in the corner for a 10 minute timeout prior to returning to business as usual.

engie
07-08-2015, 10:56 AM
No need to comment. They aren't going to get blasted...

We just need them serving 7-8 years walking on egg shells lest they be repeat offenders -- just like us currently.

archdog
07-08-2015, 11:06 AM
IF OM gets blasted and Freeze either decides to bail or has that decision made for him, I think it's going to be tough for him to find another position of any kind of prestige without waiting at least a few years. A major selling point of his in both recruiting and his program in general is all the faith and morals stuff, and his credibility in that area is going to be shot if it comes out he's been in any way complicit in the recruiting antics. Should be shot already if anyone outside Mississippi bothered to take a look at what he preaches vs. what his players and recruits do and say, but that's beside the point.

I understand what you are saying, but any coach does not have control over their players 100% of the time. So I would cut some slack on any coach, unless the punishment seems to be very lacking. Which I think it the bigger issue with Freeze. Its not about the infractions his players seem to do, its more about the weak ass punishments that never happen. When one of our guys do something of note, like Boobie and his DUI, Mullen made him sit out of one of the first games of the season. Probably kept him from running up a bunch of stats and making himself more attractive to scouts because of it.

RKimdichee allegedly beat the hell out of someone, nothing was ever done to rectify that mistake in judgement. But when you are in the position that the players have dirt on the coaching staff (not saying this is the case with UM) there really isn't much strong arming that can be done from the coaching staff.

Case in point, Nick James. This kid came in a little immature and wasn't doing the things he needed to do to like practices, workouts, class etc. He was good enough to play, but Mullen made him clean up his act and get his head straight. I believe that will have more lifetime benefit for Nick than going on a fake mission trip for atonement. Just saying. Nick James is going to tear it up this year. Mark it down.

sandwolf
07-08-2015, 12:37 PM

I think it has something to do with them having the audacity to be happy about their win instead of being sad that Treadwell broke his leg. I want to say that Malzahn may have praised Kris Frost for making a big time play and forcing the fumble and the OM fans interpreted that as Malzahn praising Frost for breaking Treadwell's leg.....or something like that.

Liverpooldawg
07-08-2015, 01:51 PM
I think it has something to do with them having the audacity to be happy about their win instead of being sad that Treadwell broke his leg. I want to say that Malzahn may have praised Kris Frost for making a big time play and forcing the fumble and the OM fans interpreted that as Malzahn praising Frost for breaking Treadwell's leg.....or something like that.

That's it. Auburn was to supposed to be unhappy about Treadwell and never mention that they won the game. They didn't follow the UM script.