PDA

View Full Version : One more Hole in Tunsil Domestic Violence story

dnadawg
07-07-2015, 10:34 PM
If Miller was the Primary Aggressor the Police would have locked him up at the scene. This didn't happen. Tunsil was arrested within the 24 hour window though.........Just food for thought.

MS Code 99-3-7

(3) (a) Any law enforcement officer shall arrest a person with or without a warrant when he has probable cause to believe that the person has, within twenty-four (24) hours of such arrest, knowingly committed a misdemeanor which is an act of domestic violence or knowingly violated provisions of an ex parte protective order, protective order after hearing or court-approved consent agreement entered by a chancery, circuit, county, justice or municipal court pursuant to the Protection from Domestic Abuse Law, Sections 93-21-1 through 93-21-29, Mississippi Code of 1972, or a restraining order entered by a foreign court of competent jurisdiction to protect an applicant from domestic violence.

More Here http://law.justia.com/codes/mississippi/2013/title-99/chapter-3/section-99-3-7

ScottH
07-07-2015, 10:48 PM
You are correct.

The thing I have always heard from my law enforcement friends is they don't fool around when it involves potential domestic violence.

It's almost guilty until proven innocent.

FlabLoser
07-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Outstanding post.

messageboardsuperhero
07-07-2015, 11:07 PM
I would imagine the domestic violence charges are the least of UM's concerns w/ Tunsil right now.

Stepdad squealing to the NCAA about improper benefits (from both the school and agents), grade fixing, etc. could be far more damaging.

662dawg
07-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Outstanding post.

Nothing to see here. Everybody wrong & all rebals are right.

BeardoMSU
07-07-2015, 11:37 PM
Nothing to see here. Everybody wrong & all rebals are right.

And according to K-Burger, there's just too much left to be interpreted.....

Martianlander
07-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Bear in mind Tunsil and Miller will appear before an elected judge. I'm not saying he will go against the law, but Tunsil will get every break as far as that goes. I agree with Super Hero, the grade fixing, etc will probably be far more damaging.

fishwater99
07-08-2015, 09:03 AM
That makes too much sense.
I bet Tunsil wasn't going to file until Freeze and the Bear lawyers decided they better make up another narrative.

Dawgcentral
07-08-2015, 06:04 PM
Officers questioned those at the scene and didn't make an arrest. This in itself is unusual. Wasn't Tunsil's mom on the scene? I'm sure if that is so, she was questioned.

Tunsil bugged out of there quickly for a reason. He cleared the scene, got a story together and made a phone call to Freeze or some emergency contact. Turned himself in after talking to one of the best defense attorneys in the region.

The charges won't end in anything serious, but a little rage with Miller opened a Sam's Club sized can. As I've said before, if you're concerned about your mom, you don't leave her there with the supposed assailant.

EAVdog
07-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Here's a hypothesis. Miller was angry over the Agents and has been for a while. Perhaps he's made threats of talking to the NCAA or told Laremy he already has. He confronts Laremy after he shows up with agents, the last straw so to speak. Laremy beats his ass, needs an excuse so voila 'he was protecting his momma'.

FlabLoser
07-08-2015, 06:26 PM
Don't dismiss the legal issues so easily. If he filed false charges he is still in trouble.

AlSwearengen
07-08-2015, 08:44 PM
Here's a hypothesis. Miller was angry over the Agents and has been for a while. Perhaps he's made threats of talking to the NCAA or told Laremy he already has. He confronts Laremy after he shows up with agents, the last straw so to speak. Laremy beats his ass, needs an excuse so voila 'he was protecting his momma'.

I like the theory that tunsil was hanging out with the "wrong" agents in miller's view. Or in other words, he was with the agents that weren't paying miller.