PDA

View Full Version : Tunsil to appear in court July 14th?

Political Hack
07-07-2015, 06:54 PM
I must've missed that.

Back page of ESPN: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13210475/ole-miss-rebels-probing-violation-allegations-vs-laremy-tunsil

shannondawg
07-07-2015, 06:57 PM
First time I have seen that both were arrested. Hope he didn't hurt Softie.

RDawg90
07-07-2015, 06:59 PM
I can't see, under any circumstances, Ole Miss lets this thing go to trial. Tunsil having to answer questions under oath is literally the worst case scenario. He can sit in front of the NCAA and act like he only speaks German until the rule him ineligible.

Political Hack
07-07-2015, 07:06 PM
OM is screwed regardless based on Miller's statements. He's saying "OM" provided benefits. Not a booster. He's tying in the school, which could - potentially - constitute "loss of institutional control." That's the big hammer. When the NCAA can make the finding, it's bad. That's the allegation. Whether the findings are consistent with that remains to be seen.

Also, OM is screwed regardless because if they tell Tunsil to just take it on the chin and not defend himself, he faces legal troubles. If they tell him to be honest during the proceedings and defend himself legally, he faces ncaa troubles along with OM. What everyone is failing to see here is that there are numerous competing interests. Tunsil's eligibility vs Tunsil's legal problems vs Miller's legal problems. It's going to take a team of attorneys to wiggle out of this one, and given that the NCAA jumped on this with their big dog out the gate while Miller was still hot enough to spill his guts, it's doubtful that the ncaa is going to later accept "I lied" or "I changed my mind" when he gets taken care of and settles out of court.

If they get out of this one, they are freaking magicians who deserve a standing ovation... and I'll be the first to give them one.

Dawgcentral
07-07-2015, 07:17 PM
The domestic violence charges simply cannot be allowed to be pursued.

One question from Miller's attorney would hang in the air forever: Why, if you felt your mother was endangered, would you leave the scene, without calling the police, while your mother remained with the accused?

The initial court proceeding will be telling. I think we'll have an idea of how this will play out afterward. While it's no longer simply a question of domestic violence when it come to an NCAA investigation, it's about how many plugs you can stick into the leaky dam. The pressure builds.

Saltydog
07-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Miller indicated Tunsil had received benefits from UM they knew he was full of shit. Uh, the coaches are part of the University. What a bunch of dumbasses.

shannondawg
07-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Where do we send donations to Millers defense fund?

Saltydog
07-07-2015, 07:54 PM
nt

Coach34
07-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Miller indicated Tunsil had received benefits from UM they knew he was full of shit. Uh, the coaches are part of the University. What a bunch of dumbasses.

Miller thinks anybody associated with Ole Missus- including Boosters- are part of the University. They are simply splitting hairs

Todd4State
07-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Even better is this all happens two days before SEC media Days when Freeze is supposed to appear on the 16th and the week of their big recruiting camp.

Coach34
07-07-2015, 08:00 PM
It's a misdemeanor. Big Softie is going to plead No Contest and get a fine. No questions from lawyers- nothing

Political Hack
07-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Miller thinks anybody associated with Ole Missus- including Boosters- are part of the University. They are simply splitting hairs

I disagree. I think everyone in that family is well versed in the NCAA's rules and regulations and I think he's going for the jugular.

Jacksondevildog
07-07-2015, 08:05 PM
The trial about beating up his step dad is a non-issue for the Rebels. They aren't concerned about it. They are concerned about the NCAA investigation. Even if it's a money grab ploy like marble mouth Chuck Rounsville thinks.

FlabLoser
07-07-2015, 08:06 PM
I'd be really shocked if a university employee was passing out red Nike bags full of cash.

BeardoMSU
07-07-2015, 08:14 PM
I'd be really shocked if a university employee was passing out red Nike bags full of cash.

Wasn't Freeze directly involved in the Robert Elliott saga? If so, he's handed out his share of moneybags...

EAVdog
07-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Boosters are considered agents of the University by the NCAA. Semantics.

Political Hack
07-07-2015, 11:18 PM

not bags... just a stipend???

BeardoMSU
07-07-2015, 11:29 PM
nt

That would be hilarious. It would be even better if it was an SEC-wide undertaking.

662dawg
07-08-2015, 12:02 AM
That would be hilarious. It would be even better if it was an SEC-wide undertaking.

If it isn't illegal then someone should do it lol

BeardoMSU
07-08-2015, 12:05 AM
If it isn't illegal then someone should do it lol

Well, stranger things have seen considerable levels of support....

Let's be honest: State fans are NOT the only sports fans who dislike those arrogant pricks.

Todd4State
07-08-2015, 12:21 AM

If there is a university in the US that it actually does happen at, Ole Miss is the most likely place for it.