PDA

View Full Version : Here's what the Ole Missus people need to grasp on this Tunsil deal....

Coach34
07-07-2015, 11:22 AM
It doesnt matter if Miller beat a woman in 2002, ****ed a farm animal in 1997, or beats up midgets in his basement for fun- what matters is this:

1. If Miller tells the NCAA of academic fraud and grade-changing and can name the subjects- the NCAA goes and checks- and those are indeed changed on his school record- the NCAA has something.

2. If Miller tells the NCAA how that house in Oxford is really getting paid for- they will ask Tunsil's Momma for financials. She will comply or if she doesnt- Tunsil will be immediately suspended.

And so on and so on with anything he tells them. If his story matches up- they got problems. No matter what he has done in his past. This is what all this comes down to.

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2015, 11:28 AM
Good post for # 15,000.

Bama_Dawg
07-07-2015, 11:40 AM
And here I thought you were going to say "Their ankles"

Good post none-the-less Coach.

ghostofjackie
07-07-2015, 11:41 AM
I can't imagine this guy purposely spilling his guts and screwing up his step sons college career. He would have to really hate his stepson to do something like that. I know they got into a fight, but do you really think he will tell all?

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2015, 11:54 AM
I can't imagine this guy purposely spilling his guts and screwing up his step sons college career. He would have to really hate his stepson to do something like that. I know they got into a fight, but do you really think he will tell all?

His stepson became complicit in a cover up accusing him of domestic violence. With him already having one of those on his record he may have been looking at some jail time for a second offense. Not sure how that works. Either way, his stepson was more than willing to stab him in the back to save his on ass so why would he not spill what he knows? A case of "you think you're gonna 17 me, well see how hard I can 17 back." So far it looks like Miller may be able to bury his deeper than Tunsil.

Harrydawg
07-07-2015, 11:57 AM
It's done I would think.....but understand that Tunsil was already on the radar

NCAA was already snooping around Oxford.....

Coursesuper
07-07-2015, 11:57 AM
The thing is, that the kid gets paid anyway. The NFL will draft him very high no matter what come of all this crap in Oxford. Now on the other hand Freeze and CO. tried to throw stepdad under the bus to cover the kids ass so he remains eligible to play at UM. But stepdad called bullshit and rolls on Freeze and CO. for them trying to **** the stepdad over after he was the one who delivered The kid to UM in the first place. Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones.

blacklistedbully
07-07-2015, 12:02 PM
I still can't help buy think somebody at TSUN is going to step in and buy Miller off. Too much at stake for them, and they have shown they are willing to $tep up when needed.

Yes, they appear to have screwed it up so far, but if they can get Miller to fall-on-his-sword for a price, TSUN will escape yet again. Just hope it's too late, and Miller already gave the NCAA what they need.

MSUDawg4Life
07-07-2015, 12:16 PM

I have a feeling Tunsil doesn't care if he plays or not. I suspect he'd rather not play. Work out all season and go into the draft healthy.

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2015, 12:20 PM
I still can't help buy think somebody at TSUN is going to step in and buy Miller off. Too much at stake for them, and they have shown they are willing to $tep up when needed.

Yes, they appear to have screwed it up so far, but if they can get Miller to fall-on-his-sword for a price, TSUN will escape yet again. Just hope it's too late, and Miller already gave the NCAA what they need.

The determining factor in this is the fact that the police were involved and he mentioned all of this in the police report. If he then recants his story he is charged with giving false information and hindering an investigation to go along with the assault charge BS slapped on him. I'm not too sure a large sum of cash will make him willing to to face all of that. Now, if we were just dealing with the NCAA then I would be extremely inclined to go with your theory. In fact, I think it would have already happened and he would be in South Beach somewhere now. But when you bring criminal charges into the mix things get a lot dicier. The people trying to buy him off would also be facing potential criminal charges if they get outed trying to buy him off. There is that to consider, too.

bgover4
07-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Does BS not have to prove he is over the injury? I want to say it ended up being a broken leg and i realize he is an OL but i would think there might be questions about him losing some lateral movement/speed.

Ole Miss left tackle Laremy Tunsil, an all-SEC first-team selection, was taken off the field in a cart late in the first half with an apparent right leg injury.

source (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400610182)

blacklistedbully
07-07-2015, 12:27 PM
The determining factor in this is the fact that the police were involved and he mentioned all of this in the police report. If he then recants his story he is charged with giving false information and hindering an investigation to go along with the assault charge BS slapped on him. I'm not too sure a large sum of cash will make him willing to to face all of that. Now, if we were just dealing with the NCAA then I would be extremely inclined to go with your theory. In fact, I think it would have already happened and he would be in South Beach somewhere now. But when you bring criminal charges into the mix things get a lot dicier. The people trying to buy him off would also be facing potential criminal charges if they get outed trying to buy him off. There is that to consider, too.

Good point. I hadn't considered that.

AlSwearengen
07-07-2015, 12:28 PM

Get your head out of the sand.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-07-2015, 12:30 PM

Dickie Scruggs and Joey Galloway just said challenge accepted.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Freeze personally has bent the rules in the past. OM signed Oher and 20 days later Freeze was hired as assistant athletic director for external affairs. Not long after this, he got reprimanded for secondary recruiting violations from calling Memphis area prospects even though he wasn't on the football coaching staff.

Coach34
07-07-2015, 12:39 PM

when Momma and em started spouting "woman beater", Mr Miller decided he was done and is going to make sure they go down. I don't blame him

Coach34
07-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Does BS not have to prove he is over the injury? I want to say it ended up being a broken leg and i realize he is an OL but i would think there might be questions about him losing some lateral movement/speed.

source (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400610182)

He could do that at the combine without playing a down in 2015

Ifyouonlyknew
07-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Tunsil could not play a down this year & be a Top 10 pick.

Thompson92
07-07-2015, 12:45 PM
when Momma and em started spouting "woman beater", Mr Miller decided he was done and is going to make sure they go down. I don't blame him

So do you think something impactful will come out of this? Bigger than Tunsil taking a year off?

HereComesTheSpiral
07-07-2015, 12:47 PM

Has momma Tunsil even said anything in regards to this? I know they pressed charges, but that feels more like it was done to discredit the step dad or get him to back down. Could Ole Miss be looking at a lawsuit for what was said before everything was known?

mic
07-07-2015, 01:08 PM
Tunsil could not play a down this year & be a Top 10 pick.

Exactly...

Coach34
07-07-2015, 01:14 PM
So do you think something impactful will come out of this? Bigger than Tunsil taking a year off?

Hard to say in today's climate. Just depends what Miller gave the NCAA.

sandwolf
07-07-2015, 01:15 PM

This isn't his flesh and blood.....this is a stepson that he has had a relationship with for ~5 years strictly due to the fact that he dated/married his mother. And that kid just whipped his ass and then accused him of being a wife beater on a national stage, and you can't imagine him wanting to go for the jugular? I sure can.

Liverpooldawg
07-07-2015, 01:33 PM
The thing that I think most everyone seems to be forgetting re: the NCAA is that most of the recent toothlessness of their enforcement division is due to the fallout from the Miami investigation. I don't think it's going to be a permanent thing. Sooner or later they will get their act back together and someone will get slammed hard to announce that fact. When that will be is an open question but I think it WILL eventually happen.

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Dickie Scruggs and Joey Galloway just said challenge accepted.

Good. They can go back to slow dancing with Tiny in the shower as a repeat offender.

basedog
07-07-2015, 01:56 PM
This isn't his flesh and blood.....this is a stepson that he has had a relationship with for ~5 years strictly due to the fact that he dated/married his mother. And that kid just whipped his ass and then accused him of being a wife beater on a national stage, and you can't imagine him wanting to go for the jugular? I sure can.

I'm betting Miller will file a law suit against Tunsil, it may be a while but with Tunsil fixing to be a millionaire Miller will try and get something besides a few bumps and bruises.

DancingRabbit
07-07-2015, 02:12 PM

Taking a serious beating will change your outlook on things. I think some major arguments have been simmering for a while and boiled over that day.

It seems that stepdad has been acting as Tunsil's "manager" for some time and in the past has been the one to deal with any and all "agents". Maybe Tunsil has been telling him that the previous arrangement is over and on that Thursday evening it became crystal clear that Tunsil was permanently cutting him out of the picture. Also, it's been rumored that stepdad and Momma Tunsil are on the outs, if that's the case it would leave him with no reasons not to go scorched earth.

AlSwearengen
07-07-2015, 02:27 PM
I can see a rift in the family resulting from miller acting as the agent. The closer we get to draft day, the more miller becomes a freeloader to leremy and mama.

Coming out of h.s., leremy and mama were probably pretty ripe for the taking, but at this point, they don't need any advice and they are looking to shed any extra weight.

EAVdog
07-07-2015, 02:51 PM

If he were to get time for domestic assault or just a charge he could run the risk of having his kids (his two sons) possibly taken away or remanded to other family or something. Regardless of whether or not he is or has been abusive there is a lot on the line. The potential of losing kids or freedom pretty much trumps getting some gravy off the Tunsil train.

BulldogBear
07-07-2015, 02:54 PM
A school with no recent football powerhouse tradition with a new head coach in only his second year of FBS and what, maybe 4th year of COLLEGE level, comes in following a 2-10 performance and gets a homerun recruiting class and is suddenly the best recruiter in the nation... these idiots moved too fast. Like no one was gonna figure it out quickly. Lack of patience is why this house of cards is coming down. Boosters are doing this... the network... it IS lack of institutional control. Now whether the NCAA can come to that conclusion is a different matter.

maroonmania
07-07-2015, 04:53 PM
A school with no recent football powerhouse tradition with a new head coach in only his second year of FBS and what, maybe 4th year of COLLEGE level, comes in following a 2-10 performance and gets a homerun recruiting class and is suddenly the best recruiter in the nation... these idiots moved too fast. Like no one was gonna figure it out quickly. Lack of patience is why this house of cards is coming down. Boosters are doing this... the network... it IS lack of institutional control. Now whether the NCAA can come to that conclusion is a different matter.

Technically they were 6-6 the season prior to that signing class but they weren't very far removed from 2-10. Plus Freeze only had one season under his belt at a major conference school.