PDA

View Full Version : Miller: academic fraud and gifts from university

paco
07-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Article released this morning in Clarion-Ledger. Tunsil's stepdad may be squeeling about his stepson being bought by Rebs and grades being altered. This story may indeed have legs.

Coach34
07-07-2015, 10:53 AM
The NCAA absolutely can go back to his school and check his records. His records will show if some things have been "changed" and whatnot

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2015, 10:54 AM
Academic fraud at a university that graduated Powe?

ShotgunDawg
07-07-2015, 10:55 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1290780/shit-hit-the-fan-o.gif

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-07-2015, 11:14 AM
This is the same school that used the "BYU distance learning" to get players eligible, along with an assistant that's famous for getting players eligible from around the Jackson area.

godlluB
07-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Academic fraud at a university that graduated Powe?

He's a sweet boy, he just can't read.

TheRef
07-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Kellenberger has spoken: http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2015/07/07/kellenberger-tunsil-situation-complex-open-interpretation/29805107/

coastratdog
07-07-2015, 05:08 PM
Why does he have to throw us in there. Can't he just report the facts, which of course has already been reported everywhere else.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Why does he have to throw us in there. Can't he just report the facts, which of course has already been reported everywhere else.

I'd say because that's what gets hits...

Spiderman
07-07-2015, 05:50 PM
+ 1

Political Hack
07-07-2015, 06:20 PM
I'm surprised he didn't mention elitedawgs.com by name.

RDawg90
07-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Two things that continue to come to mind during all of this

1. The thing that may be the most damning for Ole Miss is that the NCAA got to Miller last week, very early on in the process. You never know what info he offered up with everything that fresh and with Ole Miss unable to stop him.

2. If this thing goes to court, Ole Miss and Tunsil may be royally screwed. I can't see anyway Ole Miss lets this thing get that far. If Tunsil gets on that stand and has to answer questions under oath, that is an absolute nightmare scenario for all parties pro-Ole Miss. Questions about agents, money, recruitment, family income, family residence, etc. could all become public record and it would come right from the horses mouth. Until the NCAA rules him ineligible, Tunsil doesn't have to offer up one piece of info…. It aint like that in court.

turkish
07-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Why would questions like that be asked of him while under oath?

RDawg90
07-07-2015, 07:10 PM

Miller's attorney, "Uhhhh… Laremy, your stepfather said you beat him up because he was upset that you were spending time with agents, is that true? Uhhh… Laremy, have you and your stepfather ever had any disagreements over your future in the past? Uhhh… Laremy, why would your stepfather fabricate a story about you hanging out with agents, risking your collegiate eligibility? Uhh… Laremy, what the hell is your entire family doing living in Oxford, where do they work, etc?"

Political Hack
07-07-2015, 07:13 PM

Because MIller's attorney will put the screws to him anyway he can. Defense will object, but there's a lot of things that would be germane. E.g., who's residence were you at? Why was there an altercation? Was it over money? How long have you known one another? How close were you? When did you move in together? Why did you move to Oxford? How long have Miller and mom been in a relationship? How did it begin? Did Laremy approve? Did Laremy resent that you were living rent free in the house? How much was the rent? What's momma's income? How did she afford that house? So who was paying the bills? Then why was he mad you weren't paying to live there?

So on and so forth...

Saltydog
07-07-2015, 07:42 PM
nt

Coach34
07-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Laremy- who else was present when the fight took place?
What is his occupation?
How long have you known him?
Is he a friend or business partner?
So you are saying he has never given any of you any money? (which in no way he wants to say on record)
Why did things escalate between you and your StepDad?

War Machine Dawg
07-07-2015, 07:50 PM
nt

It's not hard. Plenty of MSU alums are practicing law. And there's another law school in this state at MC that's nearly on par with UM law. Won't be any problem for Miller to find a non-BearShark attorney willing to take the case.

turkish
07-07-2015, 07:55 PM
In Lafayette Cty? I'll believe it when I see it. That may happen a year from now when LT is worth $20 mil.

FlabLoser
07-07-2015, 08:08 PM
In Lafayette Cty? I'll believe it when I see it. That may happen a year from now when LT is worth $20 mil.

And at that point, Tunsil will stand a lot more to lose. He needs this to go away before he has millions at risk.

coastratdog
07-07-2015, 08:24 PM
nt
Who says the atty has to be from MS. GA and FL have pretty good law schools too. For the record OM law school doesn't even rank in the top 100 law schools in the country. Actually they come in 121 according to the Princeton Review.

turkish
07-07-2015, 08:40 PM
First, the attorney will be working Miller (or the prosecution, I guess), not for ED. Second, can LT not plead no contest without answering a thing?

TUSK
07-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Bammer & UGA (schools that really wanted LT) both have superior Law Programs to OM...

but if this thing ever, ever, ever gets to a point where subpoena power is a possibility, then someone needs to learn how to cheat better.

DancingRabbit
07-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Court date, July 14, is slap dab in the middle of SEC media days. Hugh is on the podium July 16. Should be interesting.

Homedawg
07-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Court date, July 14, is slap dab in the middle of SEC media days. Hugh is on the podium July 16. Should be interesting.

There will be no day in court on July 14 for tunsil. So move on. Either, it gets continued, or he pleads guilty and it will just vanish away. Court date is not even an issue for the Rebs. Millers mouth----long term is....

32 Dive
07-07-2015, 11:29 PM
Hugh is on the podium July 16.

Happy Birthday, to me...