PDA

View Full Version : How long until DeAndre Johnson transfers to Ole Miss? And no, I'm not kidding.

Jacksondevildog
07-06-2015, 08:47 PM
I'll hang up and listen.

TUSK
07-06-2015, 08:53 PM
I'll hang up and listen.

well, he sure ain't "soft"... maybe pencil em in at LT?

ShotgunDawg
07-06-2015, 08:59 PM
He won't because they won't want to hurt their recruiting ranking by losing Patterson.

If Patterson de commits because they're put on probation, then Johnson will be there quickly.

DCdawg
07-06-2015, 09:03 PM
Didn't the SEC make a rule that teams couldn't accept transfers that had committed serious crimes like his or am I making that up?

SignalToNoise
07-06-2015, 09:08 PM
He won't because they won't want to hurt their recruiting ranking by losing Patterson.

If Patterson de commits because they're put on probation, then Johnson will be there quickly.

So true.

sandwolf
07-06-2015, 09:09 PM
Ehhh, have you seen the video? That kid's career is pretty much done with on the FBS level.....I don't even think Ole Miss would touch this kid.

Click HERE (http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2015/07/06/video-shows-punch-that-led-to-qbs-arrest/29775149/) for the video.....the incident happens just after the 2:00 mark.

TUSK
07-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Ehhh, have you seen the video? That kid's career is pretty much done with on the FBS level.....I don't even think Ole Miss would touch this kid.

Click HERE (http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2015/07/06/video-shows-punch-that-led-to-qbs-arrest/29775149/) for the video.....the incident happens just after the 2:00 mark.

what Sandwolf said... this cat is Dee You In..... dun.

Jacksondevildog
07-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Yeah, but there is no doubt someone on RebelGrove or the Spirit saw the video and said "shit that's bad" and it ran through their mind about him coming to Oxford to be cleansed by Freeze.

BeardoMSU
07-06-2015, 09:18 PM

Not that I condone him for punching that girl...NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM (insert Chris Rock stand-up quote here.......), but it's an interesting situation....since there is no audio, we have to just go off video...the guy is trying to get to an open spot at the bar, the drunk girl sticks her ass out to block him, there's some pushing back and forth, she then turns around and immediately lifts her fist, and then throws the first punch, to which he responded with vigor. Myself, I'd have preferred he just gave her a good "shaking" until her drunken fight subdued a bit, but seriously, had that been a guy who threw the first punch, even with Johnson retaliating, he'd likely be in the clear; just defending himself.

Thoughts?

Jacksondevildog
07-06-2015, 09:20 PM
I've learned on twitter in 2015 that you should never put your hands on a women, even if she's swinging a battle axe at your head trying to kill you. ZERO excuse I'm told.

BeardoMSU
07-06-2015, 09:25 PM
I've learned on twitter in 2015 that you should never put your hands on a women, even if she's swinging a battle axe at you head trying to kill you. ZERO excuse I'm told.

Its an interesting double standard. Even with the Tunsil situation, the fact that he was involved in domestic violence is totally negated simply because he hit a man, and not a woman, despite the fact he is 6'5" tall and 300+. I don't know how big his stepdad is, but I bet it ain't close to that. Is that not at least a little bit similar to a man punching a woman, who is considered "weaker" physically, and unable to take such trauma on their body?

TUSK
07-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Not that I condone him for punching that girl...NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM (insert Chris Rock stand-up quote here.......), but it's an interesting situation....since there is no audio, we have to just go off video...the guy is trying to get to an open spot at the bar, the drunk girl sticks her ass out to block him, there's some pushing back and forth, she then turns around and immediately lifts her fist, and then throws the first punch, to which he responded with vigor. Myself, I'd have preferred he just gave her a good "shaking" until her drunken fight subdued a bit, but seriously, had that been a guy who threw the first punch, even with Johnson retaliating, he'd likely be in the clear; just defending himself.

Thoughts?

yeah, I saw that too, but I don't think her aggression rose to the threat justifying punching her... ie, I didn't convincing evidence that his life was in enough danger to warrant punching her... now, had she "gone for the throat"... well, you know...

She got jacked up by (stupidly) provoking a thug and he's likely lost his career and any chance he had at not staying a thug for life... win-win

BeardoMSU
07-06-2015, 09:30 PM
yeah, I saw that too, but I don't think her aggression rose to the threat justifying punching her...

Yeah, I can buy that. But...I still think that anyone thinking about throwing a punch, should expect the exact same thing in return, man or woman. That's not condoning hitting a woman, quite the contrary, but discouraging hitting another person altogether. People need to get out of this playground mentality. Fighting is for punks.

TUSK
07-06-2015, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I can buy that. But...I still think that anyone thinking about throwing a punch, should expect the exact same thing in return, man or woman. That's not condoning hitting a woman, quite the contrary, but discouraging hitting another person altogether. People need to get out of this playground mentality. Fighting is for punks.

I'm down with that... I don't have so much an issue with returning with "in kind" force, but it depends on the perceived capabilities of one's opponent, IMO... and hell, even that can't always be trusted....

I, too, detest violence as a general rule...

CadaverDawg
07-06-2015, 09:38 PM

Thoughts?

Maybe I was just raised differently, but unless my life is literally in danger, never hit a woman. He could have walked away, run, grabbed her arm as she swung and then stepped away, shaken her, or hell even pushed her, and it would have been way better than that shit. And if not because it's simply the right thing to do...at least do it because we live in a World where you know that is not going to go unnoticed. Dude deserves every bit of punishment he gets IMO...and I would say the same thing if she had swung 10 times before he hit her. But maybe that's just me. I just believe in the phrase "you never hit a woman".

CadaverDawg
07-06-2015, 09:44 PM
Tusk, check your PM

BeardoMSU
07-06-2015, 09:44 PM
I just believe in the phrase "you never hit a woman".

I do too, Cadaver. All the way. I guess my point is, as Tusk and I were somewhat alluding to, its not right to hit anyone. Period. Should she not be held at least a little bit accountable for being drunk and thinking it was "OK" to punch a D-1 athlete? Shit, I'm a dude and a-hell-ova lot closer to Johnson's size/build than she, and I'm not stupid enough to do that, but like I said, it would take a lot for me to resort to punching someone, anyways.

CadaverDawg
07-06-2015, 09:46 PM
I do too, Cadaver. All the way. I guess my point is, as Tusk and I were somewhat alluding to, its not right to hit anyone. Period. Should she not be held at least a little bit accountable for being drunk and thinking it was "OK" to punch a D-1 athlete? Shit, I'm a dude and a-hell-ova lot closer to Johnson's size/build than she, and I'm not stupid enough to do that, but like I said, it would take a lot for me to resort to punching someone, anyways.

Yea, she should be punished IMO...just not by DeAndre. Ha

BeardoMSU
07-06-2015, 09:49 PM
...just not by DeAndre. Ha

Yeah, lol...had he just listed to Chris Rock....

https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1383696358ra/6636329.gif

BoomBoom
07-06-2015, 10:07 PM

i'm fine with shaming him for that act, a man should know better, but not criminal punishment. in the eyes of the law, she attacked him unprovoked, and he defended himself.

TUSK
07-06-2015, 10:14 PM
I've learned on twitter in 2015 that you should never put your hands on a women, even if she's swinging a battle axe at your head trying to kill you. ZERO excuse I'm told.

what if she were a WM with a a 249SAW.... can I "give her a fresh one", then?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/L_KZDwu-x-g/hqdefault.jpg

BeardoMSU
07-06-2015, 10:22 PM
can I "give her a fresh one", then?

I'd slap my mother if she mispronounced consigliere, lol.

Btw, that's a hilarious scene, in a hilarious flick. Well done, Tusk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13msSSoU7VI

messageboardsuperhero
07-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Nothing a mission trip and some Bible studies with the rev. Freeze can't fix.

I seen it dawg
07-07-2015, 05:45 AM
He is a POS and just graduated HS and in a bar drinking. Not legal either. Woman beater. Dual threat qb. Shit come on down bro we can save you here in Oxford. Buchanan and Kincaide how you loving your career choices?

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2015, 07:03 AM
i'm fine with shaming him for that act, a man should know better, but not criminal punishment. in the eyes of the law, she attacked him unprovoked, and he defended himself.

There is a difference in defending yourself and doing what he did. She was a drunk coed. He is a D1 football player. Yes, she took a half hearted swing at him and yes, I would have no problem with her getting an assualt charge against her too, but that does not justify him then punching her in the face as hard as he can. What if that had been at a park and it was a 10 year old kid instead of a college girl? Would he still be justified in trying to see how many teeth he can knock down her throat? If that had been your wife or daughter would you still be ok with it? I do not know what he was charged with but I hope it is felony assault.

BoomBoom
07-07-2015, 07:22 AM
There is a difference in defending yourself and doing what he did. She was a drunk coed. He is a D1 football player. Yes, she took a half hearted swing at him and yes, I would have no problem with her getting an assualt charge against her too, but that does not justify him then punching her in the face as hard as he can. What if that had been at a park and it was a 10 year old kid instead of a college girl? Would he still be justified in trying to see how many teeth he can knock down her throat? If that had been your wife or daughter would you still be ok with it? I do not know what he was charged with but I hope it is felony assault.

Self defense is only ok if you're bad at it?

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2015, 07:28 AM

No, I'm saying there are different levels of self defense. I'm going to tailer my response to the threat level. Being swung at by a drunk college girl that may weigh 120lbs soaking wet is not the same threat as being swung at by a 6'1" 200lbs guy. I find it ironic that you're ok with excessive self defense from this guy hitting a woman like this but almost wet your pants with anger when a cop defends himself from thugs. If he is allowed excessive self defense why not the police that are actually facing a legitimate threat?

PMDawg
07-07-2015, 07:42 AM
What if it was Ronda Rousey?

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2015, 08:00 AM
Then she would have thrown a better punch to start things off.

Dawgfan61
07-07-2015, 09:14 AM
Didn't the SEC make a rule that teams couldn't accept transfers that had committed serious crimes like his or am I making that up?

I don't know the exact language, but I don't think the SEC is allowed to take transfers that were dismissed from their previous team.

However with this being said, I am sure young Mr. Jordan could transfer to EMCC redeem himself and then transfer to Ole Miss after having serious heart to hearts with the Good Reverend Freeze.

sandwolf
07-07-2015, 09:16 AM
I'm going to tailer my response to the threat level.

This. And I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that the law requires that your response be appropriate (relative to the situation) for it to be considered self defense. And anyone who watched that video and legitimately thinks that Johnson's response was appropriate is an imbecile and probably a piece of shit.

Click HERE (http://deadspin.com/video-shows-fsu-qb-deandre-johnson-punching-woman-in-fa-1716030886) for a gif that just shows the altercation. Watch that a couple of times and then tell me that he shouldn't face any criminal charges. Is that chick stupid and skanky? Yup, sure looks like it. But is she a legitimate threat to that guy, or is it believable that he may have considered her to be a legitimate threat? Absolutely not.

msstate7
07-07-2015, 09:27 AM
What the video doesn't show is his mother behind him. Freeze has already got out in front of this by issuing a statement...

"Although deandre isn't one of my players, I'm proud of him for defending his mother. If Fsu doesn't support a player protecting his mother, there's room for deandre to become a rebel here at the flagship..."

I seen it dawg
07-07-2015, 09:32 AM

Self defense in that situation? ****ing stupid. He was an asshole pushing his way to the bar underage first. Then he smokes a chick who gets crossways with him? Not criminal? You might be as ****ing dumb as that asshole is..you people that think this shit is somehow justified need to buried in a deep hole.

I seen it dawg
07-07-2015, 09:33 AM

He wouldn't have had a chance to assault her. She would have knocked his punk ass out.

fishwater99
07-07-2015, 09:35 AM
I agree. He should not have hot her at all.
De'Andre should have walked away from the situation, Hell, he's only 19 and was illegally in the bar to begin with.

I seen it dawg
07-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Straight piece of shit thug.

Cabo32
07-07-2015, 12:56 PM
You should never hit a woman..there is absolutely no reason you should ever hit a women..even if she hits you...or if she has a stutter..you should never hit a woman

-Anthony jeselnik

Westdawg
07-07-2015, 02:17 PM
whats he doing in a west TN bar, anyway? where is he from and why is he there? Not to mention that the bar has just put itself square in the crosshairs of the TN liquor licensing department.

msstate7
07-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Fsu is harder on hitting a woman than raping one.

BoomBoom
07-07-2015, 07:57 PM
No, I'm saying there are different levels of self defense. I'm going to tailer my response to the threat level. Being swung at by a drunk college girl that may weigh 120lbs soaking wet is not the same threat as being swung at by a 6'1" 200lbs guy. I find it ironic that you're ok with excessive self defense from this guy hitting a woman like this but almost wet your pants with anger when a cop defends himself from thugs. If he is allowed excessive self defense why not the police that are actually facing a legitimate threat?

agreed, except that you are making assumptions that the court should not be making. how do you know she doesn't have a knife, or a gun? how do you know her next move isn't to pick up a bottle and take a swing at him with that? first rule of self defense is don't underestimate the threat. she threatened a punch, he grabbed her wrist and tried to calm her down it looks like (or maybe just talked smack, but this should be viewed in his favor), she took a swing. it looked to me like it connected. it's apparent he did not have room to easily back away. it's apparent she was not going to stop attacking him, and may very well have grabbed a weapon. he was trapped and was hit by a punch and can reasonably assume more or worse was to come. he threw one punch after she started the situation and he took the first opportunity to flee. that's textbook self defense.

a private citizen is not a cop, a private citizen does not have the training, nor have they accepted the job, of being in danger. they are not equivalent. but since you brought up cops, what if she had taken that swing at a cop? what if he had punched, tazed, or physically harmed her in some other way in response? has anyone ever "wet their pants in anger" over a cop's response to a swing at him that left minimal bruising to the swinger? you take a swing at a cop, he has the right to turn to physical force IMO. where do you stand? we have video evidence of cop's doing worse to female protesters who had offered no physical threat in any way, with no consequences, yet you don't see a problem, right?

anyway, the biggest problem for me, Mr. Small-government Conservative, is that letting the state decide what is "appropriate" self-defense in this way is how you end up getting charged for shooting a burglar in your house. NEVER let the State start parsing and assuming what threat an unprovoked aggressor poses.

BeardoMSU
07-07-2015, 08:23 PM
agreed, except that you are making assumptions that the court should not be making. how do you know she doesn't have a knife, or a gun? how do you know her next move isn't to pick up a bottle and take a swing at him with that? first rule of self defense is don't underestimate the threat. she threatened a punch, he grabbed her wrist and tried to calm her down it looks like (or maybe just talked smack, but this should be viewed in his favor), she took a swing. it looked to me like it connected. it's apparent he did not have room to easily back away. it's apparent she was not going to stop attacking him, and may very well have grabbed a weapon. he was trapped and was hit by a punch and can reasonably assume more or worse was to come. he threw one punch after she started the situation and he took the first opportunity to flee. that's textbook self defense.

a private citizen is not a cop, a private citizen does not have the training, nor have they accepted the job, of being in danger. they are not equivalent. but since you brought up cops, what if she had taken that swing at a cop? what if he had punched, tazed, or physically harmed her in some other way in response? has anyone ever "wet their pants in anger" over a cop's response to a swing at him that left minimal bruising to the swinger? you take a swing at a cop, he has the right to turn to physical force IMO.

This pretty much echos the points I made earlier. Also, as PMDog noted, if it was Rhonda Rousey, how could anyone be faulted for protecting themselves in that situation? A punch from her could cause quite a bit of structural damage to one's face. And as Boom just mentioned, what if that girl's next move was to stab at your face with a broken bottle? Is that really out of the realm of possibility? Johnson is obviously a douche, but its still worth discussing, I think....

Ultimately, there's a reason to hit anybody...Shit, there's a reason to throw and old man down a flight of stairs. Just don't do it.

Certain women out there need to get it out of their mind that its OK to raise your fists to a man with impunity. Not saying they deserve to get hit back, but as I said earlier, anyone who is gonna dish it out, better be prepared to receive it back. Accountability should extend both ways.

msstate7
07-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Boom and beardo hate women. They must be republicans**

BeardoMSU
07-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Boom and beardo hate women. They must be republicans**

Hey now...... ;)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m85g0xy7Hk1rt3fn2.gif

smootness
07-07-2015, 09:37 PM
Why do legal arguments always come up when discussing whether someone should or shouldn't do something, or whether something is the right thing to do? You can punch a woman in the face who represented no real threat to you after drunkenly and half-heartedly swinging and jump up and yell, 'Self defense!' if you want to. But all you really are is King Douche.

Also, LOL on the argument that he was trapped and felt threatened by her, then used the first opportunity to flee. He could have fled at any point; he chose to do so only after he hit her because he wanted to feel big and tough after being threatened by a drunk girl but wasn't man enough to stick around and deal with any repercussions. That's all that happened in that video.

BoomBoom
07-07-2015, 10:03 PM
Why do legal arguments always come up when discussing whether someone should or shouldn't do something, or whether something is the right thing to do? You can punch a woman in the face who represented no real threat to you after drunkenly and half-heartedly swinging and jump up and yell, 'Self defense!' if you want to. But all you really are is King Douche.

Also, LOL on the argument that he was trapped and felt threatened by her, then used the first opportunity to flee. He could have fled at any point; he chose to do so only after he hit her because he wanted to feel big and tough after being threatened by a drunk girl but wasn't man enough to stick around and deal with any repercussions. That's all that happened in that video.

Why can't it be both?

And yes, the legal way to look at that vid was he was trapped. He had to push his way to that spot, it stands to reason he would have had to push his way out.

hells bells
07-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Why can't it be both?

And yes, the legal way to look at that vid was he was trapped. He had to push his way to that spot, it stands to reason he would have had to push his way out.

From the bar cam video it appears he is black and she is white. Who is the damn racist?

TUSK
07-07-2015, 10:35 PM
From the bar cam video it appears he is black and she is white. Who is the damn racist?

HB, DeAndre was jus "checkin' her privilege" for her...

sandwolf
07-07-2015, 11:14 PM
agreed, except that you are making assumptions that the court should not be making. how do you know she doesn't have a knife, or a gun? how do you know her next move isn't to pick up a bottle and take a swing at him with that? first rule of self defense is don't underestimate the threat.

So I assume your position would not change if that had been a 12 year old girl.....because after all, how do you know that she doesn't have a grenade in her Hello Kitty backpack?

Sure, you don't underestimate the threat.....but you are required to assess the threat, have a reasonable fear of harm and respond proportionately.

she threatened a punch, he grabbed her wrist and tried to calm her down it looks like (or maybe just talked smack, but this should be viewed in his favor), she took a swing. it looked to me like it connected. it's apparent he did not have room to easily back away. it's apparent she was not going to stop attacking him, and may very well have grabbed a weapon. he was trapped and was hit by a punch and can reasonably assume more or worse was to come. he threw one punch after she started the situation and he took the first opportunity to flee. that's textbook self defense.

a private citizen is not a cop, a private citizen does not have the training, nor have they accepted the job, of being in danger. they are not equivalent. but since you brought up cops, what if she had taken that swing at a cop? what if he had punched, tazed, or physically harmed her in some other way in response? has anyone ever "wet their pants in anger" over a cop's response to a swing at him that left minimal bruising to the swinger? you take a swing at a cop, he has the right to turn to physical force IMO. where do you stand? we have video evidence of cop's doing worse to female protesters who had offered no physical threat in any way, with no consequences, yet you don't see a problem, right?

anyway, the biggest problem for me, Mr. Small-government Conservative, is that letting the state decide what is "appropriate" self-defense in this way is how you end up getting charged for shooting a burglar in your house. NEVER let the State start parsing and assuming what threat an unprovoked aggressor poses.

And yes, the legal way to look at that vid was he was trapped.

I can't decide whether you are just trying to stir the pot, or if you are really this stupid.