PDA

View Full Version : One Night In March

messageboardsuperhero
07-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Turn on SEC network now and watch One Night in March if you've never seen it. Hell, watch it again if you already have seen it.

TXDawg
07-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Not sure why this hasn't gotten a lot more play than it has.

Great story about a great program (at least we were at that time).

maroonmania
07-06-2015, 08:41 PM
Positive stories on race originating from MS don't seem to play well I guess. I'm watching and recording it and still can't believe this was never a 30 for 30 film. Several of the guys interviewed in the show have now passed on. Pretty sure Leland Mitchell passed away. Is that true?

TheRef
07-07-2015, 01:58 AM
You can get it: http://www.onenightinmarch.com/

$19.95 with $3.95 S/H

RCoblentz
07-07-2015, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the positive comments. It was really amazing that State picked up the film to air on their takeover day.

A few tidbits:

Leland Mitchell, Joe Dan Gold, Red Stroud and Stan Brinker- 4 of the 5 starters of the Loyola game- have passed. Stan died earlier this year. Great men.

Joe Dan and Jerry Hartness became good friends later in life after both retired. Before Joe Dan got ill, he and Jerry were working on doing some joint appearances to tell their stories from different viewpoints as a part of a kid outreach effort. They both had worked with youth throughout their life.

Those guys stay in contact and are just some of the greatest people. They truly just wanted to play the game and do the best thru could for State.

Back in 2002 ESPN did a 30 for 30 type documentary on the Loyola team and spent about a third of the time on the State Loyola game. They couldn't find footage of the game. We couldn't either. A lot of game film from the Babe era had been disposed of in late 60's and early 70's.

It really is one of the most important events in Mississippi history. Would love to make a movie of it.

AROB44
07-07-2015, 08:20 AM
I was a student at MSU then. Really have great memories of that time. I really think we would have won it all in '62.