PDA

View Full Version : TSUN just released a statement they are cooperating fully with the NCAA

starkvegasdawg
07-06-2015, 01:32 PM
Meanwhile, back at a booster's office...

http://leconciergesf.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/paper-shredder.gif

Saltydog
07-06-2015, 01:53 PM
only contact was when they were informed they could not be a part of the interview with Miller.

MSUDawg4Life
07-06-2015, 01:54 PM
They are launching their own "investigation".

Yeah. Right.

ShotgunDawg
07-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Is it me, or does this seem like at least the 3rd time Ole Miss has opened an "investigation" into Tunsil?

At this point, everyone should just assume that they are incapable of finding anything or don't want to find anything.

This looks to me like a situation where they are racing the NCAA in gathering facts so they can cover them up & self impose minor penalties to make it appear that they are totally cooperating.

Why are they going to find anything on Tunsil now, when they've failed to do so in the past?

Coach34
07-06-2015, 02:29 PM
This one aint like the others- something is going to come from this one. Their statement today means the NCAA told them they have some shit

starkvegasdawg
07-06-2015, 02:33 PM
http://upload.ecvv.com/upload/Product/201111/China_Synthetic_PVC_Stretch_Examination_Gloves_Pow der_Free20111181610255.jpg

mstatefan91
07-06-2015, 02:34 PM
But remember guys, bafoom said that we are making it all up.

Bama_Dawg
07-06-2015, 02:39 PM
This one aint like the others- something is going to come from this one. Their statement today means the NCAA told them they have some shit

I hope you are right Coach, but I think one of three things happen:

1. Tunsil gets suspended for a couple games (against FCS opponents and the like)
2. Investigation is prolonged that nothing happens this year. Maybe wins have to be vacated for games Tunsil participated...but later after the investigation
3. Nothing at all, aside from some "self imposed" penalties

I don't want to see the death penalty, I want all of the #TheNetwork exposed for what it is, and put them back where they belong in recruiting. Which, right now, should be behind Mississippi State.

starkvegasdawg
07-06-2015, 02:44 PM
I would love to see them get the death penalty. They won't. but I would be as giddy as a teen age girl at the new Twilight movie. I just want to see those arrogant, holier than thou pricks finally have karma give them a harsh reality check. I want to see lack of institutional control levied. I want the buck toothed one to be outed as the fraud he is. I want Shepard's butthole so puckered up he can only get one of Yancy's fists in there.

BeardoMSU
07-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Where is this statement?

ETA: Never mind, I found it.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/07/06/ole-miss-has-launched-investigation-into-alleged-violations/29777531/

Bama_Dawg
07-06-2015, 02:51 PM
I would love to see them get the death penalty. They won't. but I would be as giddy as a teen age girl at the new Twilight movie. I just want to see those arrogant, holier than thou pricks finally have karma give them a harsh reality check. I want to see lack of institutional control levied. I want the buck toothed one to be outed as the fraud he is. I want Shepard's butthole so puckered up he can only get one of Yancy's fists in there.

I know, a lot of folks would love to see the death penalty, but yeah, its probably not going to happen. What I'd really love to see is TSUN playing all of their games with a backup QB as a punter (I hope Matt is reading...), and a straight on kicker, which is just a converted linemen with the point of his shoe tied back. This tells me that they are severely low on scholarship players. Every game they play in, they get blown out, even the FCS opponents. AND all of the TSUN Athletic Department personnel is cleaned out, including coaches.

ghostofjackie
07-06-2015, 02:52 PM

Well keep dreaming. They will get a slap on the hand like we did during the Will Redmond situation. I think you all are forgetting that the NCAA is completely incapable of conducting an investigation to this magnitude. Do you remember the entire Miami debacle? They screwed that one up just like they do all of them.

The only way Ole Miss gets into any sort of trouble is if they fess up to some "smaller violations". Sort of like we did with WR situation. Plead to a lesser crime, get the NCAA off your back, go on with your life.... all is well.

FlabLoser
07-06-2015, 02:55 PM

Yep. House of cards falling in on itself due to shoddy construction. A pissed off insider is singing.

No outside finger pointing required. But the fact that Ole Miss pissed off big powers around the country isn't helping.

Ole Miss ran through never-traveled recruiting trails with guns blazing. They're all-in in places were no loyalties have been established. Good luck with that.

BeardoMSU
finally have karma give them a harsh reality check.

"It's" coming...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP3wT5lpa4

msstate7
Well keep dreaming. They will get a slap on the hand like we did during the Will Redmond situation. I think you all are forgetting that the NCAA is completely incapable of conducting an investigation to this magnitude. Do you remember the entire Miami debacle? They screwed that one up just like they do all of them.

The only way Ole Miss gets into any sort of trouble is if they fess up to some "smaller violations". Sort of like we did with WR situation. Plead to a lesser crime, get the NCAA off your back, go on with your life.... all is well.

Redmond lost a full year of eligibility

BrunswickDawg
07-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Redmond lost a full year of eligibility
And 4 more games to boot. Essentially a 16 game penalty. That ain't a slap on the wrist.

Dawgology
07-06-2015, 03:01 PM

http://i.giphy.com/1iAQLpW2DRW2k.gif

pilldawg
07-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Ole Miss will have to be a lot more careful as the NCAA will probably insert moles in the recruiting process or at least keep Ole Miss officials wary. Also, what happens when current players stop getting their weekly wages. Things can get dicey with motivation issues. I think our own Jackie Sherrill suffered due to this problem. Can't keep paying your bought players when the NCAA is sniffing around.

ghostofjackie
07-06-2015, 03:14 PM
I know that's not a slap on the wrist for Redmond. But, compared to the "death penalty" post above, it's a slap on the wrist. I'm saying that I expect an outcome similar to what happened with Redmond.

99jc
07-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Ole Miss will have to be a lot more careful as the NCAA will probably insert moles in the recruiting process or at least keep Ole Miss officials wary. Also, what happens when current players stop getting their weekly wages. Things can get dicey with motivation issues. I think our own Jackie Sherrill suffered due to this problem. Can't keep paying your bought players when the NCAA is sniffing around.

going full court press with the NCAA on this... claim they have some viable proof of Misconduct during recruiting. Seems the the REBELS over Loaded their ASSES this time. That Beaver Faced sanctimonious pile of Shit Known as Reverend Freeze is about to wish his lying cheating self-righteous punk self was back coaching High School gals before this is finished. Was also told there are 2 more Schools (NOT US) That are about to blow the whistle if needed.

msstate7
07-06-2015, 03:26 PM
I know that's not a slap on the wrist for Redmond. But, compared to the "death penalty" post above, it's a slap on the wrist. I'm saying that I expect an outcome similar to what happened with Redmond.

Gotcha. I wouldn't complain a bit if tunsil lost this year of eligibility

Bubb Rubb
07-06-2015, 03:29 PM
But remember guys, bafoom said that we are making it all up.

There's not a peep on that site right now about the Ole Miss press release today. The silence is deafening.

BeardoMSU
07-06-2015, 03:30 PM
going full court press with the NCAA on this... claim they have some viable proof of Misconduct during recruiting. Seems the the REBELS over Loaded their ASSES this time. That Beaver Faced sanctimonious pile of Shit Known as Reverend Freeze is about to wish his lying cheating self-righteous punk self was back coaching High School gals before this is finished. Was also told there are 2 more Schools (NOT US) That are about to blow the whistle if needed.

I find this fairly dubious. If teams start ratting on other teams, then one day they'll get the same treatment. Everyone's dirty in this game, some dirtier than others, no doubt, but everyone probably has some level of dirt on everyone else.

ghostofjackie
07-06-2015, 03:34 PM
There's not a peep on that site right now about the Ole Miss press release today. The silence is deafening.

They won't admit it. But they realize there is more to this than happenings in the past. Like I said, they will admit to minor violations, Big Softie will sit out for a season, and all will be well for them. I have no confidence in the NCAA to get this right.

Original48
07-06-2015, 03:34 PM
I know ole miss is doing their best to discredit and blow up state homer theories, but I swear there is a ton of Georgia and Tennessee accusations on just about any social media site I pull up. I get Georgia, but why is Tennessee enjoying this ole miss situation so much?

starkvegasdawg
07-06-2015, 03:36 PM
I know ole miss is doing their best to discredit and blow up state homer theories, but I swear there is a ton of Georgia and Tennessee accusations on just about any social media site I pull up. I get Georgia, but why is Tennessee enjoying this ole miss situation so much?
Why not? It's ole miss. 17 em.

TrueMaroon
07-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Something that I have yet to see mentioned that is very important is that there was high-level staffer from UGA that was there at the time of the Tunsil recruitment who took a promotion to go work for the NCAA. I don't recall his position, but it was a notable position that he left UGA from. Undoubtedly very aware of Tunsil's recruitment.

maroonmania
07-06-2015, 03:47 PM
They won't admit it. But they realize there is more to this than happenings in the past. Like I said, they will admit to minor violations, Big Softie will sit out for a season, and all will be well for them. I have no confidence in the NCAA to get this right.

There really hasn't been any "happenings in the past" for them since the Brewer days. They haven't really even been seriously looked at in a long time especially given they had Khayat using his influence with the NCAA to keep them away for so long. I would just like to see them get something out of all of this because when I think of all the crap they've pulled over the last 20 years with no consequences while we've had to deal with 3 different NCAA investigations over ticky tack issues that go on everyday at every school in the nation kind of stuff, it makes me sick. Of course the biggest reasons for that are 1) they have a much more competent and defensive compliance office than we do and 2) they are much better organized and covert in their cheating than we are. A lot of times the boosters that try to cheat for us are rogue and don't have a clue how to do things to avoid getting caught.

shannondawg
07-06-2015, 03:56 PM
http://upload.ecvv.com/upload/Product/201111/China_Synthetic_PVC_Stretch_Examination_Gloves_Pow der_Free20111181610255.jpg

Just love this.

shannondawg
07-06-2015, 03:58 PM

Gotta be in contention for post of the year!

Goldendawg
07-06-2015, 04:06 PM
In my lifetime of following and loving MSU, every time we've gotten good we went on probation for minor things for "not knowing our place", ( clothes discount under Bob Tyler and hounding Jackie which helped cause the program to fall apart). TSUN helped nail us both times and they loved it. I don't expect anyone to ever get the death penalty again, but an admission of guilt, a major loss of scholarships, and some forfeits would be karma VERY well deserved.

Bama_Dawg
07-06-2015, 04:08 PM
In my lifetime of following and loving MSU, every time we've gotten good we went on probation for minor things for "not knowing our place", ( clothes discount under Bob Tyler and hounding Jackie which helped cause the program to fall apart). TSUN helped nail us both times and they loved it. I don't expect anyone to ever get the death penalty again, but an admission of guilt, a major loss of scholarships, and some forfeits would be karma VERY well deserved.

Agree with everything...BUT, there will never be an "admission of guilt". Pride will get in the way.

Coach34
07-06-2015, 04:09 PM
I'll be surprised if Tunsil plays this year

Bama_Dawg
07-06-2015, 04:11 PM
I'll be surprised if Tunsil plays this year

And ready the Rebel Black Bear excuses for losing the Golden Egg this year.

starkvegasdawg
07-06-2015, 04:23 PM

So long as they lose I don't care.

Goldendawg
07-06-2015, 04:26 PM
Well, if no admission of guilt is included, I'd love a lack of institutional control against their arrogant program.

Jacksondevildog
07-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Per good Ole Chuck on the Spirit:

SpiritChuck: Laremy Tunsil’s stepfather, Lindsey Miller has some skeletons in his closet. Another domestic violence charge in 2002. Obvious money grab.

mic
07-06-2015, 04:37 PM

USC disagrees with u...

FlabLoser
07-06-2015, 04:41 PM

SpiritChuck: Laremy Tunsil’s stepfather, Lindsey Miller has some skeletons in his closet. Another domestic violence charge in 2002. Obvious money grab.

Attack the accuser. That's so Ole Miss. Especially when the accuser is correct.

People who called @FinsUpAP fake were correct, and for that they were attacked in vicious ways.

Same story with Miller. Freeze kicked it off before any of us had heard of Lindsey Miller. Expect the sheep to do the same.

Bubb Rubb
07-06-2015, 04:41 PM

Money grab from whom, Chuckie? TMZ? OK, maybe. I can't imagine they paid him much. If it's to get money from Ole Miss to keep it quiet, well, that's another red flag.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if he served ten years in the pen for selling crack....it's not about him, it's about Laremy Tunsil and what benefits he's received.

mic
07-06-2015, 04:42 PM

2 coaches (one and assistant and one head coach) from 2 different schools in the Eastern Divison have both said that UMiss is the dirtiest school in the SEC..

Todd4State
07-06-2015, 04:53 PM

Both UT and Ole Miss recruit Memphis heavily and UT recruits nationally. I'm sure that they have had some battles that got dirty over the years.

GreenheadDawg
07-06-2015, 05:01 PM

SpiritChuck: Laremy Tunsil?s stepfather, Lindsey Miller has some skeletons in his closet. Another domestic violence charge in 2002. Obvious money grab.

The thing is... OM sheep think that bashing Miller's character is going to save them.. The NCAA don't give 2 shits about his criminal past. This has nothing to do with the criminal charges against either one of them, this is about those loafer wearing douches buying mama Tunsil a house and supplying gifts

Jacksondevildog
07-06-2015, 05:04 PM
It's like they really believe that if you ever got in trouble in your past, your statement is discredited. Do they forget that Eli was arrested for being drunk? I guess that they cannot believe anything that he says now. Also, how long did it take for that Oxford cop to get fired for arresting Eli?

EAVdog
07-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Something that I have yet to see mentioned that is very important is that there was high-level staffer from UGA that was there at the time of the Tunsil recruitment who took a promotion to go work for the NCAA. I don't recall his position, but it was a notable position that he left UGA from. Undoubtedly very aware of Tunsil's recruitment.

That would be Dr Adams, the past longtime president of UGA and unofficial AD (he ran that University like it was his own playground). He has personally made statements about Tunsil's recruitment and Ole Miss. He has a hard-on for Ole Miss. And he's the kind of crazy that you would not want to be on his bad side.

Apoplectic
07-06-2015, 05:26 PM
I heard miller delivered tunsil and freeze and "associates" are trying to remove him from the "plan." Like all freeze pawns when he has what he needs from you or you're not "delivering" then he has no use for your "services" any longer. Expect to see young tunsil's scholly pulled soon, mama tunsil back in the Florida system, and The Network wolf come in to clean up the mess.

SheltonChoked
07-06-2015, 05:39 PM
And in this case it is so stupid.

Let's assume it's true that Tunsil got paid. Who would know how much and how better than the stepdad? Who would have access to bank accounts and paper trails that lead to boosters and coaches?

So now, in the press, you call him a scumbag. And expect he's not going to try and burn the place to the ground? I don't see the logic.

Liverpooldawg
07-06-2015, 06:01 PM
To me in normal circumstances logic says the more they go after stepdad the madder he will get and the more he will talk. It makes me think that maybe he has already hung the Confederates in a BIG way and all they have left is to try to discredit him. It's fun to watch them twist in the wind for a change whatever happens.

Thick
07-06-2015, 06:01 PM
The NCAA needs to contact Mark Richt and his staff about Tunsil. I'm sure they could share some insight as well.

Howboutdemdogs
07-06-2015, 06:11 PM
I guess that OM's own Men In Black can clean this one up. Too many flashing lights going off.

messageboardsuperhero
07-06-2015, 06:15 PM
Miller's criminal history from 12 years ago might have been helpful for them if this was still just a domestic violence/criminal issue- but it has nothing to do with this NCAA investigation. The NCAA really doesn't care if Miller was arrested over a decade ago. In fact, wasn't DeVinner in some kind of legal/criminal trouble while he was squealing about Redmond?

Just another fine example of deflection and trying to discredit at all costs... It really has nothing to do with an NCAA investigation.

AlSwearengen
07-06-2015, 06:45 PM

The Georgia media had a serious hard on over nkemdechie that started with Denzel. They knew something was up when olemiss signed him. Then when Robert signed with them, it got to nuclear levels. I didn't follow when tunsil flipped to olemiss, but I'm sure the whole state of Georgia blew a gasket.

Tenn. has been extremely upset for three or four years over olemiss' relationship with devinner and their activities in Memphis.

Olemiss has pissed off big powers from Texas to the Atlantic and as far north as Ohio state.

FlabLoser
07-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Y'all have heard the expression "new money". Ole Miss is "new money" in recruiting. Wants everybody to know they have it. Waves it around. Spends it unwisely. Pisses off and/or annoys people and sooner or later isn't invited to parties anymore.

Jacksondevildog
07-06-2015, 06:53 PM
So Ole marble mouth Rounsville googles some charge from 2002 about domestic violence because Miller turned in his beloved Rebels for cheating. He also told his flock that he was going to keep digging. Like it matters.

FlabLoser
07-06-2015, 06:56 PM
So Ole marble mouth Rounsville googles some charge from 2002 about domestic violence because Miller turned in his beloved Rebels for cheating. He also told his flock that he was going to keep digging. Like it matters.

Isn't he about 3 years late on accessing character? Character only matters when someone turns against you?

BeardoMSU
07-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Isn't he about 3 years late on accessing character? Character only matters when someone turns against you?

The new obsession with "character" from this lot is rather funny, especially considering the likes of Marshall "17 you" Henderson, Chad "AK-47" Kelly, CJ "White Girls Swallow" Johnson, Andy "International Altercation" Kennedy etc.....

FISHDAWG
07-07-2015, 08:06 AM

their excuses are as Chocolate Baked Alaska

MedDawg
07-07-2015, 08:43 AM

SpiritChuck: Laremy Tunsil?s stepfather, Lindsey Miller has some skeletons in his closet. Another domestic violence charge in 2002. Obvious money grab.

And now Laremy Tunsil has one.

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2015, 08:54 AM
And now Laremy Tunsil has one.

Heard a rumor this might be #2 but I can't substantiate it.

BulldogBear
07-07-2015, 09:01 AM

You're thinking waaaaaayyy to small Bama. Egg Bowl is small potatoes and we aren't their real rival.

Now they have their excuses for not winning the CFP. Everyone who is anyone knows that this could have been the greatest team ever. ESPN should do a 30 for 30 titled "interference"

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2015, 09:46 AM
You're thinking waaaaaayyy to small Bama. Egg Bowl is small potatoes and we aren't their real rival.

Now they have their excuses for not winning the CFP. Everyone who is anyone knows that this could have been the greatest team ever. ESPN should do a 30 for 30 titled "interference"

Or maybe they could title it "56 quarters from Tempe".