PDA

View Full Version : The hidden dilemma that many tsun fans might not see

dotcomdawg
07-06-2015, 08:43 AM
When the original Tunsil story broke, two things didn't seem to pass the smell test:

1.) Hugh Freeze made an immediate statement-- blindingly immediate-- that reeked of desperation and trying to keep something bottled up, "Nothing to see here, move along, please."

2.) I was under the assumption that Tunsil's parents probably still lived in Florida. The house in Oxford was a huge red flag to me.

That brings us to the recent news with Miller interviewing with the NCAA's top headhunter in enforcement in Memphis. Some tsun fans have said, "There's nothing to see here, Tunsil was interviewed by the NCAA last summer and everything appeared to be OK." Therein lies the problem. What many think is their safety net (Tunsil's 2014 interview with the NCAA), might turn out to be one of the primary components in the case against tsun.

It is highly likely that the statements made by Miller in Memphis on Friday were very different (read: contradictory) to the statements given by Tunsil to the NCAA last summer. This is cause for further investigation into the matter. The more investigation into anything involving recruiting of players to tsun is not good news to the school.

Women's track issues in Oxford, women's basketball issues in Oxford, and now this. It reeks of "institutional control" problems. Bjork's days might be numbered. This is FAR from being over.

starkvegasdawg
07-06-2015, 09:54 AM
One thing is for certain. If TSUN is able to sweep all this under the rug and get away with it then we know two things. 1. The NCAA has effectively been neutered and can't shut down a lemonade stand if it's a power school and 2. Brackey, or whoever he answers to that made him do what he did to Redmond should be castrated with dull rusty fingernail clippers and never allowed within 100 miles of campus again.

SDDawg
07-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Hugh is "in the mess" for sure now, getting out in front of this could come back to bite him. I (mistakenly) said that Hugh would be on the hot seat after last season, but these corruption stories that are developing may finally warm up his chair...