PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Russell

TexasDawg
07-10-2013, 07:08 AM
was selected to be a counselor at the Manning Passing Academy. Other SEC QB's selected include Murray, Mcarron, Driskel, Worley, Shaw, Manziel, Franklin, Mettenberger, and some Wallace kid. Thought y'all would find this interesting. This could be a great learning tool for him and a great opportunity to fine tune a couple of things before the season. Here's a link to the full camp staff, scroll to the bottom and its on the right.

http://manningpassingacademy.com/media/51ca148aa667b-MPA%202013%20brochure.pdf

FreeBoosie
07-10-2013, 08:24 AM
It looks like they took every qb who knew how to answer an email.

SaltyDawg
07-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Only SEC QB's they didn't take were Kentucky, Auburn, Arkansas and Vandy.

MSUDawg4Life
07-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Pretty impressive group of QBs though. The kids should have fun and learn a lot. Not a bad deal for a hundred dollars.

The Croom Diaries
07-10-2013, 09:23 AM
In a somewhat related note, I was watching a replay of the 2006 Florida/sCarolina game a couple days ago. I dont recall seeing Chris Leak ever run the option or take off on any designed runs. He did move around in the pocket a lot, but nothing Tyler couldn't do. Leak was more mobile than Russell so maybe Tyler just doesn't do well on his feet, but I don't know that I can buy the idea that Mullen just can't have a really good offense with a pocket passer and he has to have a running QB.

Goat Holder
07-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Leak was slow as shit.

We're going to see the Leak/Tebow 2006 offense for sure this year.

MSUDawg4Life
07-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Leak was a technician though. I don't think I've ever seen a QB more prepared and perform better than he did in that national championship game. He deserves a lot more respect than people give him.

It's interesting that people talk about Tyler's lack of mobility, but, when compared to Leak, we have seen Tyler take off a few times in the read option. Quite effectively too. Maybe that's because nobody expected him to run, but he HAS done it.