PDA

View Full Version : Ole Missus Rivals say...

Coach34
07-05-2015, 08:44 PM
The Clarion-Ledger reported Friday that Lindsey Miller, the stepfather of Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil, met with NCAA enforcement official Chris Howard in Oxford. That story came on the heels of Miller telling the C-L he was aware of violations during Tunsil's recruiting, including academic impropriety and gifts made by the university.

Today, Ole Miss athletics director Ross Bjork told me Howard was not in Oxford but the meeting reported by the Clarion-Ledger did occur. Bjork did not say where the meeting was held, but he said Ole Miss was told of the meeting "but not allowed to participate."

More as we get it...

Jacksondevildog
07-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Can't be true. It's those damn ED posters causing so much trouble. I'm sure Chuck Rounsville will get to the bottom of it while eating breakfast with Freeze in the morning.

CadaverDawg
07-05-2015, 08:52 PM
The Clarion-Ledger reported Friday that Lindsey Miller, the stepfather of Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil, met with NCAA enforcement official Chris Howard in Oxford. That story came on the heels of Miller telling the C-L he was aware of violations during Tunsil's recruiting, including academic impropriety and gifts made by the university.

Today, Ole Miss athletics director Ross Bjork told me Howard was not in Oxford but the meeting reported by the Clarion-Ledger did occur. Bjork did not say where the meeting was held, but he said Ole Miss was told of the meeting "but not allowed to participate."

More as we get it...

Bjork didn't break out the Wrestling belt? That ****ing little man syndromed tool bag.

This news hurts the OM fans narrative. I hope the Dad told them everything down to Laremy's first hunet dolla handshake. Burn baby Burn.

maroonmania
07-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Bjork didn't break out the Wrestling belt? That ****ing little man syndromed tool bag.

This news hurts the OM fans narrative. I hope the Dad told them everything down to Laremy's first hunet dolla handshake. Burn baby Burn.

Apparently diffusing a pissed off Stepdad is not in "The Network Playbook". Or if it is its not working in this case.

messageboardsuperhero
07-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Still have no idea if UM gets in any trouble over this, but...

At what point do these "CrAZy ED cONsPiRacy RUmOrZZ!!!11" stop getting spun as nonsensical conspiracies? How many more times do ED rumors have to come true until UM people realize that a few posters over here might actually know a little bit about what they're talking about?

I seen it dawg
07-05-2015, 09:04 PM

At what point do these "CrAZy ED cONsPiRacy RUmOrZZ!!!11" stop getting spun as nonsensical conspiracies? How many more times do ED rumors have to come true until UM people realize that a few posters over here might actually know a little bit about what they're talking about?

Never happen

BeardoMSU
07-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Burn baby Burn.

Indeed, indeed.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0n3axvSGJ1qfr6udo1_400.gif

ShotgunDawg
07-05-2015, 09:09 PM
I find it very interesting that the NCAA notified Ole Miss that the meeting would take place, and specifically told Ole Miss that they couldn't attend.

Is that common practice by the NCAA to not let the school attend?

It's obvious that the NCAA didn't want Ole Miss knowing all the info so they could cover their tracks

FlabLoser
07-05-2015, 09:11 PM
The NCAA interviewed a person not affiliated with the school. No need to notify or invite the school.

ShotgunDawg
07-05-2015, 09:11 PM

It funny how they keep creating crazy conspiracies instead of realizing that most all of the news that breaks on ED has some substance.

Personally, I think they are 17ed

ShotgunDawg
07-05-2015, 09:12 PM
The NCAA interviewed a person not affiliated with the school. No need to notify or invite the school.

But they did notify Ole Miss, and then told them they couldn't attend.

BeardoMSU
07-05-2015, 09:12 PM
I find it very interesting that the NCAA notified Ole Miss that the meeting would take place, and specifically told Ole Miss that they couldn't attend.

Is that common practice by the NCAA to not let the school attend?

It's obvious that the NCAA didn't want Ole Miss knowing all the info so they could cover their tracks

Well, if they had been interviewing LT, obviously OM would have been in attendance, but since his father isn't under the umbrella of their athletic dept., what other reason would they have to be in the room? I'm sure he had his own representation with him though.

CadaverDawg
07-05-2015, 09:15 PM
"The stupid SPED posters can't see that this was just a good guy defending his Mom!1!1!!1"***

How Ole Miss is it that in the same post, one of their dipshits will say "SPED" and "their silly nicknames for Ole Miss"? See why you can't tell that your head coach is a hypocrite...bc it's genetic in your moronic fan base. I swear that fan base is a flock of insecure, wannabes. It's quite humorous. And much like listening to Kellum when we're (or anyone) is beating their ass...it will be quite entertaining to watch their feminine fan base melt if something does happen with this. I'm not expecting punishment, but I would love watching them get the death penalty while eating popcorn.

CadaverDawg
07-05-2015, 09:17 PM
But they did notify Ole Miss, and then told them they couldn't attend.

I took it as, OM found out they were meeting and asked to attend, but were told "no, you can't attend"

BossDawg
07-05-2015, 09:21 PM

This! Come n' get ur POPkern!!!

LeakyD
07-05-2015, 09:22 PM
I don't get why literally 100% of Rebs are still calling out the stepdad. Other than an argument with mom, it doesn't appear that he did anything abusive. Even the push seems unlikely since they waited 4 days to counter with charges. He is being hammered for simply retaliating:

1) against Tunsil who beat the crap out of him.

2) against Freeze and OM. He has a huge motive to bring them down. He has been trashed since the beginning and continues to be.

I'm sure OM people could've given him something early on and gotten him to drop the the charges and stop talking. Freeze's statement would've ended all chances of that for me. "Woman beater" is not a label a man wants to carry around, especially if he's not one.

I'm sure Miller was involved in the recruitment every step of the way and knows plenty of details. The way OM officials have handled this so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Miller has some recent recorded phone calls or texts that would be incriminating.

I've been skeptical of any punishment coming their way, but I think Tunsil has played his last down at the very least. Like Coach said, it will be a while for the rest to play out.

Spiderman
07-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Dick Cross say the NCAA must be a bunch of racists. How dare they question anything the noble, black, Tunsil family has done!!

Political Hack
07-05-2015, 09:31 PM
I don't get why literally 100% of Rebs are still calling out the stepdad. Other than an argument with mom, it doesn't appear that he did anything abusive. Even the push seems unlikely since they waited 4 days to counter with charges. He is being hammered for simply retaliating:

2) against Freeze and OM. He has a huge motive to bring them down. He has been trashed since the beginning and continues to be.

I'm sure OM people could've given him something early on and gotten him to drop the the charges and stop talking. Freeze's statement would've ended all chances of that for me. "Woman beater" is not a label a man wants to carry around, especially if he's not one.

I'm sure Miller was involved in the recruitment every step of the way and knows plenty of details. The way OM officials have handled this so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Miller has some recent recorded phone calls or texts that would be incriminating.

I've been skeptical of any punishment coming their way, but I think Tunsil has played his last down at the very least. Like Coach said, it will be a while for the rest to play out.

yep. they finally played the wrong hand. gonna cost them A LOT before this is over.

Jack Lambert
07-05-2015, 09:33 PM
I say Ole Miss is in deep with the NCAA. They really pissed some of the big boys off with that signing class. I would be willing to bet GA, Fl and Bama has been pushing the NCAA and now the door is open.

Jacksondevildog
07-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Hard to believe that there isn't a single post about Tunsil on the Spirit. They do control the message a little better there and their writers are all fans.

EAVdog
07-05-2015, 09:35 PM
My guess would be Tunsil is affected to some degree at the least. May have to pay back some monetary amount or miss a few games. Hard to imagine Ole Miss getting serious sanctions after how toothless the NCAAhas been lately.

BeardoMSU
07-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Will this finally count as "it"?

ShotgunDawg
07-05-2015, 09:37 PM
"The stupid SPED posters can't see that this was just a good guy defending his Mom!1!1!!1"***

How Ole Miss is it that in the same post, one of their dipshits will say "SPED" and "their silly nicknames for Ole Miss"? See why you can't tell that your head coach is a hypocrite...bc it's genetic in your moronic fan base. I swear that fan base is a flock of insecure, wannabes. It's quite humorous. And much like listening to Kellum when we're (or anyone) is beating their ass...it will be quite entertaining to watch their feminine fan base melt if something does happen with this. I'm not expecting punishment, but I would love watching them get the death penalty while eating popcorn.

I find it funny that Ole Miss fans keep talking about an MSU message board during all this.

Let me be clear, MSU has NOTHING to do with this. MSU fans didn't start this, MSU people did not turn Ole Miss in, & MSU people have absolutely nothing to with what may or may not happen with this story in the future, yet all Ole Miss fans want to is talk about MSU message boards during this. Why not LSU message boards, or Auburn, or Alabama, why MSU?

This is ALL Ole Miss' fault & no one elses.

I just find it odd that they are so consumed with what we think.

Political Hack
07-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Will this finally count as "it"?

lol. no. go back to the original tweet... "as part of an investigation". It's not the whole enchilada. It's just finally a piece they couldn't publicly sweep under the rug.

Political Hack
07-05-2015, 09:39 PM
"ED beat up Tunsil's step dad."***

BeardoMSU
07-05-2015, 09:39 PM
lol. no. go back to the original tweet... "as part of an investigation". It's not the whole enchilada. It's just finally a piece they couldn't publicly sweep under the rug.

I know, Hack, it just felt right sneaking "it" in there ;)

coastdoglover
07-05-2015, 09:40 PM
I am convinced more than ever now that this has been an ongoing investigation for a while and Ole Miss has kept it under wraps. The NCAA doesn't just show up the first week of a reported violation and then send the top brass right away. I think Ole Miss has been lying all along and when this hit TMZ it messed them up in more ways than one. I have no idea what Mr. Miller told them but we all know he has enough to hang them . The academic fraud probably happened in high school and folks should be quick to remember that Freeze was right in the middle of the Michael Ohr fraud that happened at Briarcrest with his buddy Sean Touhy.
I also believe Blevins had enough data that the higher ups at the CL had to print it or look like complete fools with TMZ out there. There are very few folks in the SEC in the know who aren't aware of the Rebs tactics. The fact they are playing the hypocritical role just makes it worse. It will be very interesting the next few weeks and it is probably too late now to buy Mr. Miller off. I look for the first thing to happen is Tunsil will be suspended and Ole Miss will hope nothing happens until the season is over. By then Paidwell, Robert, and Tony will all declare and they will try to only get a slap on the hand while blaming agents.

Jacksondevildog
07-05-2015, 09:42 PM
I am starting to really think that Tunsil doesn't play a snap this year.

coastdoglover
07-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Absolutely Correct! They have to blame someone but MSU had nothing to do with this.

I find it funny that Ole Miss fans keep talking about an MSU message board during all this.

Let me be clear, MSU has NOTHING to do with this. MSU fans didn't start this, MSU people did not turn Ole Miss in, & MSU people have absolutely nothing to with what may or may not happen with this story in the future, yet all Ole Miss fans want to is talk about MSU message boards during this. Why not LSU message boards, or Auburn, or Alabama, why MSU?

This is ALL Ole Miss' fault & no one elses.

I just find it odd that they are so consumed with what we think.

mic
07-05-2015, 09:55 PM
My guess would be Tunsil is affected to some degree at the least. May have to pay back some monetary amount or miss a few games. Hard to imagine Ole Miss getting serious sanctions after how toothless the NCAAhas been lately.

USC disagrees...

Pollodawg
07-05-2015, 10:05 PM
I highly doubt any of this investigation is concluded before the start of football season. So, here is my question for OM: Do you play Tunsil and risk ticking the NCAA off even more during an ongoing investigation, or do you sit Tunsil and risk the real possibility of a 6-6 season on a make-work offensive line?

And what is the worst that can come from them saying eff it and playing Tunsil regardless? They'd probably just have to vacate the games he played in this upcoming season if they are indeed found in the wrong, right?

And here's something else: The Bears have been radio silent on this one unlike in the past when they crowed and crowed over things like this. That's a sign too.

messageboardsuperhero
07-05-2015, 10:18 PM
I'm sorry, but I just don't buy the "we're not worried about this at all" line. If this was happening to State, I'd be very concerned.

They do have a much more competent compliance office than us... But still. If one of our high profile players beat up his stepdad, then the stepdad meets with the NCAA about agents, improper benefits from the University, academic fraud, etc.- how the hell are you not at least a little bit worried?

Liverpooldawg
07-05-2015, 10:18 PM
They are all in. If the NCAA doesn't officially suspend Tunsil he will play. They will delay and deflect for all they are worth to keep him eligible through the season. They won't do what we did with Sid, book it. That's why we need to keep harping on this every chance we get. The NCAA likely won't get around to suspending Tunsil till after the season. Keeping the smoke billowing WILL hurt them. Just ask JWS.

ShotgunDawg
07-05-2015, 10:19 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img661/993/FHIj1o.gif

FlabLoser
07-05-2015, 10:28 PM
If OM gets a LOI, they'll suspend Tunsil until the NCAA rules. If they don't get a LOI, even while they know Tunsil is being investigated, I think they let him play.

They don't care if they vacate wins later. They'll probably even hand out Liberty Bowl rings.

843dawg
07-05-2015, 10:34 PM
I say Ole Miss is in deep with the NCAA. They really pissed some of the big boys off with that signing class. I would be willing to bet GA, Fl and Bama has been pushing the NCAA and now the door is open.
I think Tunsil was the only recruit that was "$tolen" right? All the other big time recruits committed and or it was known they were picking the Bears. When you say they "pissed some of the big boys off", you talking about just in general or was someone else taken at the last minute?

ShotgunDawg
07-05-2015, 10:39 PM
I think Tunsil was the only recruit that was "$tolen" right? All the other big time recruits committed and or it was known they were picking the Bears. When you say they "pissed some of the big boys off", you talking about just in general or was someone else taken at the last minute?

I think Treadwell was paid off as well. Tunsil was the worst though. I'm not sure about Kemchee. I'm sure he got something, but, since his brother was already at OM, it's difficult to say whether or not he was bought.

Not sure about Conner either. Ole Miss has influence at SP that goes beyond money. I'm sure they did something to get him, but am not sure it involved cash.

War Machine Dawg
07-05-2015, 10:48 PM
Indeed, indeed.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0n3axvSGJ1qfr6udo1_400.gif

And for that gif:
http://i.imgur.com/JiC5KOU.gif
http://i.imgur.com/4IpjFOn.gif

Todd4State
07-05-2015, 10:55 PM
I think Treadwell was paid off as well. Tunsil was the worst though. I'm not sure about Kemchee. I'm sure he got something, but, since his brother was already at OM, it's difficult to say whether or not he was bought.

Not sure about Conner either. Ole Miss has influence at SP that goes beyond money. I'm sure they did something to get him, but am not sure it involved cash.

I'm fairly sure that Tunsil, Nkemdiche, and Treadwell were paid off. I'm also sure that Conner was paid off as well, but with him being from South Panola he was probably more separate than the others. I highly suspect that they have their own ring in Batesville/Oxford.

I think there are fairly good odds that Nkemdiche and Tunsil were at least somewhat connected because of the part of the country that they are from.

It all goes back to what Miller knows, told the NCAA and proved.

War Machine Dawg
07-05-2015, 11:03 PM
I'm fairly sure that Tunsil, Nkemdiche, and Treadwell were paid off. I'm also sure that Conner was paid off as well, but with him being from South Panola he was probably more separate than the others. I highly suspect that they have their own ring in Batesville/Oxford.

I think there are fairly good odds that Nkemdiche and Tunsil were at least somewhat connected because of the part of the country that they are from.

It all goes back to what Miller knows, told the NCAA and proved.

You assume correctly.

blacklistedbully
07-06-2015, 03:38 AM

Don't forget about Lavon Hooks. He may not have panned out, but he was another highly-rated recruit they nabbed,

shannondawg
07-06-2015, 07:55 AM
I doubt very seriously that Mr Miller has documented anything, because he was going to be on the gravy train up until that butt stomping. He was probably trying to protect Tunsil from getting in trouble so as to not rock the boat until his big payday on draft day.

I'm in agreement with geezer that they were already on the bolo list, hence the quick reaction.But as many say that will take time and season will be over, but
Tunsil may well not play a down, which is probably alright with him, but a train wreck for the plantation.

My tsun buddy who is usually pretty vocal , is not saying anything, defensive or otherwise and he is pretty well informed. I see that Bucky and the others are pretty quiet as well.

May that house of cards fall down, burn, and the wind scatter the ashes.

thf24
07-06-2015, 07:58 AM
I doubt very seriously that Mr Miller has documented anything, because he was going to be on the gravy train up until that butt stomping. He was probably trying to protect Tunsil from getting in trouble so as to not rock the boat until his big payday on draft day.

I'm in agreement with geezer that they were already on the bolo list, hence the quick reaction.But as many say that will take time and season will be over, but
Tunsil may well not play a down, which is probably alright with him, but a train wreck for the plantation.

My tsun buddy who is usually pretty vocal , is not saying anything, defensive or otherwise and he is pretty well informed. I see that Bucky and the others are pretty quiet as well.

I think that's the key thing here that's going to differentiate this incident from others where OM was able to skirt though unscathed. Tunsil's desire to play college football has always been in question, so his camp may just not fight it that hard. Hell, he may see it as an opportunity not to play without hurting his draft stock, like it would if he were to sit out for reasons of his own accord.

shannondawg
07-06-2015, 08:00 AM
Didn't Kimchee's daddy get a position at the UM Medical Center?

starkvegasdawg
07-06-2015, 08:07 AM
Didn't Kimchee's daddy get a position at the UM Medical Center?

He was going to until it came to light and even people at UMCC started raising hell and the offer was rescinded.

basedog
07-06-2015, 08:36 AM

Freeze was preaching yesterday and he saw the Ncaa infraction director and this is what he told him!

Hell's coming with me!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ndsXVaPwc

EAVdog
07-06-2015, 08:42 AM
He was going to until it came to light and even people at UMCC started raising hell and the offer was rescinded.

He did get a job at CMMC though.

EAVdog
07-06-2015, 08:43 AM

If they are living in a nice house and can't prove it ala Reggie Bush's parents it might not matter if there is no paper trail.

shannondawg
07-06-2015, 08:57 AM
If they are living in a nice house and can't prove it ala Reggie Bush's parents it might not matter if there is no paper trail.

Wasn't that one of the issues with Sidney?

maroonmania
07-06-2015, 09:00 AM

Austin Golson was another HUGE red flag in that class. He was committed to FSU without even having OM among his top choices. Then the Bears persuade him late in the process to take one weekend visit and presto, he is all in with OM. High profile recruits rarely just swing to a school like that when they are already committed and the school they are visiting isn't even in the list of primary choices prior to the visit.

messageboardsuperhero
07-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Wasn't that one of the issues with Sidney?

Yes. If memory serves me correct, the Sidneys tried to take the approach of "you may know we're in this because of improper benefits but can't prove anything if we don't provide the forms." Sidney was suspended anyway.

starkvegasdawg
07-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Yes. If memory serves me correct, the Sidneys tried to take the approach of "you may know we're in this because of improper benefits but can't prove anything if we don't provide the forms." Sidney was suspended anyway.

Correct. The NCAA said they would not declare him eligible until his parents provided the financial documents to support their claims. The parents tried to take the stance that was none of the NCAA's 17ing business and the NCAA just said he sits until you do. Wish now he had just sat, but that's a discussion for another day.

maroonmania
07-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Correct. The NCAA said they would not declare him eligible until his parents provided the financial documents to support their claims. The parents tried to take the stance that was none of the NCAA's 17ing business and the NCAA just said he sits until you do. Wish now he had just sat, but that's a discussion for another day.

Yep, sounds like to me its time for the NCAA to start requesting bank account record from the Tunsils.

codeDawg
07-06-2015, 10:12 AM

I think the difference is that Sidney had to be cleared. Tunsil has already been cleared, which makes it more difficult to revoke, a la Cam Newton.

AlSwearengen
07-06-2015, 10:17 AM
Austin Golson was another HUGE red flag in that class. He was committed to FSU without even having OM among his top choices. Then the Bears persuade him late in the process to take one weekend visit and presto, he is all in with OM. High profile recruits rarely just swing to a school like that when they are already committed and the school they are visiting isn't even in the list of primary choices prior to the visit.

And that is why olemiss wouldn't/couldn't play hard ball when it came to him transferring.

Jacksondevildog
07-06-2015, 11:31 AM
You gotta love this post from the spirit:

2001OleMiss
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
5426 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 10:46 AM

Matt Luke, he's a good rebel...
And may need to play the part of Angelo Mirando.

Political Hack
07-06-2015, 11:47 AM
I highly doubt any of this investigation is concluded before the start of football season. So, here is my question for OM: Do you play Tunsil and risk ticking the NCAA off even more during an ongoing investigation, or do you sit Tunsil and risk the real possibility of a 6-6 season on a make-work offensive line?

And what is the worst that can come from them saying eff it and playing Tunsil regardless? They'd probably just have to vacate the games he played in this upcoming season if they are indeed found in the wrong, right?

And here's something else: The Bears have been radio silent on this one unlike in the past when they crowed and crowed over things like this. That's a sign too.

if Tunsil doesn't play and the NCAA doesn't release a conclusionary statement saying the investigation is concluded, it's a part of a larger investigation. OM will release a cleverly worded statement to try and insinuate that, but it's besides the point

Also, Bracky attended NCAA interviews of our boosters, players, and coaches. OM may not have been invited because they have legal counsel there and they can still deny any connection or knowledge of the allegations. It may have actually been a smart move not to tie themselves to it because then there would be an expectation to self-investigate.

1bigdawg
07-06-2015, 11:58 AM

The hell raising had nothing to do with it. He was not qualified in the USA for the job. This info came from a person who subsequently did hire him at the request of Coach Hugh Freeze.

Spiderman
07-06-2015, 12:14 PM
The hell raising had nothing to do with it. He was not qualified in the USA for the job. This info came from a person who subsequently did hire him at the request of Coach Hugh Freeze.

If true, that's a major violation there

FlabLoser
07-06-2015, 12:34 PM

Illegal worker and Freeze still got him hired somewhere? That would be trouble if that got out.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-06-2015, 12:50 PM
The rebs should be thankful Dan Werner is on staff. His time at Miami should help them immensely.

maroonmania
07-06-2015, 12:50 PM
if Tunsil doesn't play and the NCAA doesn't release a conclusionary statement saying the investigation is concluded, it's a part of a larger investigation. OM will release a cleverly worded statement to try and insinuate that, but it's besides the point

Also, Bracky attended NCAA interviews of our boosters, players, and coaches. OM may not have been invited because they have legal counsel there and they can still deny any connection or knowledge of the allegations. It may have actually been a smart move not to tie themselves to it because then there would be an expectation to self-investigate.

Because most of the violation accusations and evidence to validate the violations came from Bracky. Why would he not be there? He was the NCAA's star investigator.

Entodawg
07-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Could the NCAA requests all of those Facebook messages from during his recruitment? Curious to know what all they had to talk about in over 1200 messages between Tunsil and his girlfriend http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/02/sicom_report_ole_miss_recruitm.html

Jacksondevildog
07-06-2015, 01:19 PM
During the dead period, they communicate over Xbox one and PS4video games. Seriously. This is not a violation but it is contact. It is not traceable.