PDA

View Full Version : On My Way to the Bank: The Genius of Laremy Tunsil

CohenSidedWithGreatness
07-04-2015, 11:31 AM
So, I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited with all that's going on and then it hit me...the real situation with Tunsil.

You know how most of you are always saying how he fakes hurt so he can get taken out of games to avoid injuries? Which is where the moniker Big Softie comes from?

How about this:

This is all a giant scheme by the Tunsil family to get him suspended for the year and ENSURE (and insure!) that he doesn't come up with another big injury before his big payday. At this point, he's a lock for a top 5 pick and tens of millions of dollars. Yeah, I'm sure he can take out an insurance policy in case he gets hurt this year but that's not going to come close to the actual money of the NFL. So what do they do? The family comes up with this elaborate scheme and the stepdad even proactively seeks out the NCAA to turn him in. When else have you seen the NCAA act this fast? Never. This has only turned around so fast because the Tunsils actively sought them out.

So, Tunsil gets suspended for the year which preserves his health, gets drafted in the top 5 being injury free and everyone gets paid!

Jacksondevildog
07-04-2015, 11:34 AM
That's some Art Bell Coast to Coast AM theory stuff there. About a .00001% chance that actually is what happened.

Harrydawg
07-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Listen, this is possible when kids go to a particular college for all the wrong reasons.......when this happens the kids and family have zero allegiance to the institution, it's business.

Exactly why these stars in many cases don't develop. They aren't busting there butts and doing what is required to get better. They have been told how good they are and given everything they ask for........

BulldogDX55
07-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Doubt it. They'd have found a way to do it without involving Ole Miss and Freeze, loyalty or no. I'm sure they'd have gone with a more extreme version of the Maziel autograph stuff- had him do a bunch of stuff for pay, very publicly, and without hitting his step dad.

Theory is weak.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-04-2015, 12:01 PM
This is the dumbest thing I've heard.

ShotgunDawg
07-04-2015, 12:03 PM
This is the dumbest thing I've heard.

Dan,

Good to see you!

Just curious if we could get your opinion on this whole ordeal?

What do you think happened & do you believe the NCAA will do anything to Tunsil or Ole Miss?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Dan,

Good to see you!

Just curious if we could get your opinion on this whole ordeal?

What do you think happened & do you believe the NCAA will do anything to Tunsil or Ole Miss?

Of course his recruitment was dirty but trying to guess if the NCAA will do anything is like trying to guess the winning powerball #'s. I'm not holding my breath but I do enjoy the bad press this is getting. If the NCAA finally does something it will just be sweet overdue justice. That's how I'm playing it.

1bigdawg
07-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Of course his recruitment was dirty but trying to guess if the NCAA will do anything is like trying to guess the winning powerball #'s. I'm not holding my breath but I do enjoy the bad press this is getting. If the NCAA finally does something it will just be sweet overdue justice. That's how I'm playing it.

Do you believe this will have a significant impact in recruiting?

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Or he could just say I'm sitting out my Sr. year and will be working out at IMG and in the end accomplish the same thing without all the dramatics and chaos and possibility of smearing his own name. I know the NFL overlooks a lot of things kids do in college, but with the spotlight on domestic abuse now days, even though it usually involves a male and female, coming up with a scheme such as this has risks that could be avoided by just saying, "I'm skipping my sr. year to get ready for the NFL at IMG".

Ifyouonlyknew
07-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Do you believe this will have a significant impact in recruiting?

Nope. Not unless something is said during the season which the NCAA usually doesn't work that fast.

messageboardsuperhero
07-04-2015, 01:11 PM
You couldn't sleep last night because you were excited?

This guy might be the most obvious UM troll ever.

ShotgunDawg
07-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Nope. Not unless something is said during the season which the NCAA usually doesn't work that fast.

I agree with this. It won't effect recruiting this year.

The NCAA will conclude something on Tunsil before the first game, but, if there is an extension investigation into the football program as a whole that could result in sanctions, that investigation won't be complete for sometime.

sleepy dawg
07-04-2015, 01:20 PM
You couldn't sleep last night because you were excited?

This guy might be the most obvious UM troll ever.

ditto...

He just went after someone for taking this as far as calling someone to discuss if this situation was an actual violation or not... Now he's so excited about it, he can't sleep...

War Machine Dawg
07-04-2015, 02:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wzx6J8a.gif

Coach34
07-04-2015, 02:17 PM
Obvious Bafoom Troll job