PDA

View Full Version : NCAA is in Oxford today investigating

Jacksondevildog
07-03-2015, 04:34 PM
@Riley_Blevins: BREAKING: NCAA officials in town today to question Laremy Tunsil's stepfather as part of an Ole Miss investigation http://t.co/d5EC9lRe8P

Tripp McNeely
07-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Read the article...holy crap!! Step-daddy's spilling it!!

MSUDawg4Life
07-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Uh oh ....

BrunswickDawg
07-03-2015, 04:45 PM
It's about 17ing time!

whosyourdawgy
07-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Holy smokes. That may not be good for the Bears

Bass Chaser
07-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Damn, talking about a day late and a few dollars short....

msstate7
07-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Wonder if richt will give the ncaa a call now that the boys are on the case

EAVdog
07-03-2015, 04:58 PM
He's got a gas can and a full box of matches. And he's ready to burn the whole damn thing to the ground.

Saltydog
07-03-2015, 04:59 PM
NOTHING will come of this........

Drugdog
07-03-2015, 05:21 PM

BS. This is going to be epic.

BrunswickDawg
07-03-2015, 05:23 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4411266/farmer-fran-o.gif

Bucky Dog
07-03-2015, 05:26 PM
If they come out of this without some severe penalties, the NCAA might as well just close its doors for good. This is gift wrapped on a silver platter and should open the door up to LT entire recruitment and have Richt come forward as mentioned, among others.

There is no taking back what step daddy has said and the Bears $hutting him up! Has the meltdown begun on the Plantation yet, or are those arrogant bastards still denying and defending?

Jacksondevildog
07-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Bracky Brett would have already suspended Tunsil for the year if he played at MSU.

Dawgowar
07-03-2015, 05:29 PM

Agree. No agent will out himself by admitting they gave a ride to Tunsil. TSUN's NCAA charmed life will continue without accountability.

Bucky Dog
07-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Bracky Brett would have already suspended Tunsil for the year if he played at MSU.

And fired the basketball coach too!

Dawgowar
07-03-2015, 05:33 PM
If they come out of this without some severe penalties, the NCAA might as well just close its doors for good. This is gift wrapped on a silver platter and should open the door up to LT entire recruitment and have Richt come forward as mentioned, among others.

There is no taking back what step daddy has said and the Bears $hutting him up! Has the meltdown begun on the Plantation yet, or are those arrogant bastards still denying and defending?

The NCAA is toothless. This will fall under the guise of "minor infraction" and suspension.

BeardoMSU
07-03-2015, 05:35 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4411266/farmer-fran-o.gif

Holy shit, Brunswick, I just spit out my single malt! Thanks for that, ass hole!!

BulldogBear
07-03-2015, 05:36 PM
They'll get a retroactive bowl ban for 2010 and 2011, nothing more.

These NCAA officials are just some guys looking for a road trip and a bootie call.

ScottH
07-03-2015, 05:47 PM
\
These NCAA officials are just some guys looking for a road trip and a bootie call.

I wonder if Lil Dickie Johanningmeier told them how to get in touch with his alleged BBW hook up.

Dawgface
07-03-2015, 05:48 PM
They'll get a retroactive bowl ban for 2010 and 2011, nothing more.

Yep. It's a holiday weekend after all. Surely there is some fun to be had in Oxford this weekend.

BrunswickDawg
07-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Holy shit, Brunswick, I just spit out my single malt! Thanks for that, ass hole!!
My pleasure Beardo

CadaverDawg
07-03-2015, 05:50 PM
One would think this will finally get them some form of punishment....but I'm so used to seeing them get away with murder that I'll believe it when I see it.

That being said, I hope OM gets the death penalty & Oxford burns.

GreenheadDawg
07-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Color me skeptical that anything will happen. I mean these guys literally cheat out in the open and nothing ever happens. They have recruits every year that posts pictures of cars and stacks of money. I feel those people are untouchable and they know it. Everyone who is getting excited is gonna be really disappointed. Although I hope they get ****ed raw...real hard

Bothrops
07-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Well I don't understand how nothing could come of this, the cat is already out of the bag. There will be repercussions. We will see how far they go.

Dawgcentral
07-03-2015, 05:54 PM
I'd sure like to have heard the conversation/argument before the beating commenced at the Miller/Tunsil place.

OM fans that remain in denial are countering every point with simply demeaning the character of the step dad. This would only old water if the step dad had been the one to hurriedly vacate the scene after the beating instead of Tunsil. He HAD to get out of there.

I'll never hold my breath in anticipation that any punishment with teeth will come from this. But if smoke indicates fire, they're choking right now. Not sure what else you need for a full investigation into that program.

BeardoMSU
07-03-2015, 05:55 PM
Color me skeptical that anything will happen.

Well, I was dubious as well, but now the dude is talking about forged high school grades and improper recruiting benefits. It's obvious he is taking the "I'm gonna burn this mother 17 down" approach. There apparently will be no payoff for this homie.

msstate7
07-03-2015, 05:55 PM
One would think this will finally get them some form of punishment....but I'm so used to seeing them get away with murder that I'll believe it when I see it.

ESPN 30 for 30...

"The NCAA's Last Stand"

What if I told you that all the tears of happiness during Ole Miss' greatest recruiting class ever would soon turn to just tears?

What if I told you kids that ole miss used to have a football team?

The story of how the NCAA was pushed and pushed until they gave the death penalty to ole miss' football team.

BeardoMSU
07-03-2015, 05:56 PM
But if smoke indicates fire, they're choking right now.

Yup, but if Auburn can trudge through the smoke they had with Cam and Daddy, OM can make it out of this...somehow. We'd be the SEC's version of SMU if this was us, though.

Coach34
07-03-2015, 05:59 PM
The NCAA has already been asking questions about the 2013 recruiting class. This is a Godsend for them. Phone records and bank account records will be asked for- guaranteed. The Step-Father got cut out of the loop and he is determined to piss on everyone

CadaverDawg
07-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Well I don't understand how nothing could come of this, the cat is already out of the bag. There will be repercussions. We will see how far they go.

It's all about what he can prove.

State82
07-03-2015, 06:01 PM

Da roof, da roof, da roof is on fire!

Howboutdemdogs
Right on Beardo, but the difference is that Auburn was in the hunt for a National Title. The football world needed them at the time. After the first lost, OM will be thrown to the wolves. I know what I have in my wish list,,,,, a 0-1 start.

Bothrops
I mean how are they going to counter punch,..say the stepdad is lying about everything? I don't expect them to even believe that anyone would buy that now.

corona con lima
07-03-2015, 06:03 PM
The fact that the NCAA flew down people to investigate on a holiday is very telling. This will not end well for the Rebel Black Bears.

CCL

BeardoMSU
07-03-2015, 06:05 PM
I mean how are they going to counter punch,..say the stepdad is lying about everything? I don't expect them to even believe that anyone would buy that now.

That's the OM party line right now. I've talked to 3 of my 4 good OM friends, and they all contend that this guy is "a wife beater who is trying to improve his public opinion".....which could be true, but if it's not, that preemptive statement by Freeze is going to look awfully shady.

Todd4State
07-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Even if nothing comes out of this, you can bet that every other coach is going to use this investigation against them in recruiting until this is resolved.

If I had to guess Tunsil will be suspended at a minimum. I have no clue what Tunsil's Dad knows or can prove. But that is going to determine what happens obviously.

Dawgface
07-03-2015, 06:07 PM
The fact that the NCAA flew down people to investigate on a holiday is very telling. This will not end well for the Rebel Black Bears.

CCL

That is interesting. Perhaps they felt it is best to investigate while the iron is hot. Not after a payoff has been made to cool the story.

Coach34
It doesn't matter if he is a wife-beater or not- if he gives the NCAA the right specifics- they are going to catch more hell than a little bit

Dawgowar
ESPN 30 for 30...

"The NCAA's Last Stand"

What if I told you that all the tears of happiness during Ole Miss' greatest recruiting class ever would soon turn to just tears?

What if I told you kids that ole miss used to have a football team?

The story of how the NCAA was pushed and pushed until they gave the death penalty to ole miss' football team.

Wright Thompson feature film on "SEC Storied". 'Framed!' How the heroic effort to reshape and rebuild the image of a storied Harvard of the South was nearly brought down by an accusation of cheating during family game night and a secret plot of Jackie Wayne Sherrill. Look, a rusty tractor, somebody cue the sorority girl in Faulkner's home to sing Dixie...

shannondawg
07-03-2015, 06:12 PM
When the original story came out, I went to the comments and pretty well addressed the fact that was shoddy journalism on Riley's part. Give him credit though, he carried the ball this time, left little doubt as to what was going on up there..

I bet Freeze's butthole is puckering.

Schultzy
07-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Im usually first to say nothing will happen. But he met with head of football enforcement for three hours?! And knows of cash payments by the agents and the university and other violations.

If they skate on this even I will be very surprised. The NCAA, if nothing else, still takes amateur status seriously. And some other schools like USC will be expecting an SEC school to be treated just like them on this.

I bet the NCAA is feeling some heat from the big schools and conferences on this one.

EAVdog
07-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Good bet if Step Daddy Dearest is throwing 'cash from agents' around then Tunsil will miss some football this year. There would have to be some serious evidence for Ole Miss to get in trouble. But no Tunsil will wreck their season. Like 5-7 type season if he's not available at all.

msstate7
07-03-2015, 06:19 PM
I bet Freeze's butthole is puckering.

If freeze somehow ended up with a show-cause, I don't think I'd quit smiling for years.

Don't tell me it can't happen. Jim tressel at Ohio state, chip Kelly at Oregon, Bruce pearl at tenn... These are guys at programs more relevant than ole miss and got one. If only the liberal army would declare the term "ole miss" offensive, this would really get interesting

Bass Chaser
07-03-2015, 06:24 PM
With the way past NCAA investigation's have gone, does Freeze play Tunsil?

BeardoMSU
07-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Jim tressel at Ohio state, chip Kelly at Oregon, Bruce pearl at tenn...

Very good examples, 7.

I mean, shit, Bruce lied about having a BBQ at his house and making some extra phone calls, and he got nailed to the wall.

Churchill
07-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Who was the last school the NCAA seriously pursued and hammered on recruiting.....USC ? It just doesn`t seem to happen like it used to.

Entodawg
07-03-2015, 06:29 PM
You think Facebook will give up all those private messages Chris Kiffin swapped with Tunsils girlfriend during his recruitment

Saltydog
07-03-2015, 06:31 PM
pay off folks that could otherwise bury them. The Step Dad will have to prove his case and hope their's enough meat left on the bone to nail their asses to the wall. Again, color me skeptical but hey there's always a chance. I assume they'll be looking into ownership of the home too.

Dawgcentral
07-03-2015, 06:32 PM
There's no evidence that shows Miller is a wife beater. The evidence shows Miller was beaten. If there had been evidence of Miller beating or even bruising ( by grasping her arms of restraining her), from Miller, Miller would have gone to jail. It would have been very easy for her to make claims of abuse when officers arrived on the scene. The eyewitness accounts said otherwise. Miller didn't leave the scene, Tunsil got the Hell out of there via his agent buddies, who pulled him off of Miller according to witnesses.

Hard to spin this otherwise.

Miller: Those agents are going to bring you down. You'll lose draft stock. Better lose them.

Tunsil: you ain't getting none anyway. Back off before I put you down.

This is how these things transpire. Tunsil got out of there to get a story together.

msstate7
07-03-2015, 06:34 PM
pay off folks that could otherwise bury them. The Step Dad will have to prove his case and hope their's enough meat left on the bone to nail their asses to the wall. Again, color me skeptical but hey there's always a chance. I assume they'll be looking into ownership of the home too.

Does the NCAA work like the courts? Does the NCAA have to prove beyond a shadow of doubt? I thought they made allegations and then you had to prove otherwise. (I.e. Provide financial statements and such)

BrunswickDawg
07-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Does the NCAA work like the courts? Does the NCAA have to prove beyond a shadow of doubt? I thought they made allegations and then you had to prove otherwise. (I.e. Provide financial statements and such)
If you will remember from our dear friend Renardo - if the NCAA thinks you did something, you have to prove them wrong. They could easily say Tunsil is ineligible due to suspected violations until he provides the info they want.

Bucky Dog
07-03-2015, 06:44 PM
The step daddy alleges proof of grade fixing, cash and other enticements for his recruitment, I assume he means by OM, and the $64,000 question of HOW they ended up in Oxfart from Florida. That is all on OM and is separate from the eligibility questions around Tunsil. Dealing with agents and accepting cash and gifts from them is only about Tunsil's eligibility. Two separate issues here.

They will burn!!

Liverpooldawg
07-03-2015, 06:59 PM
It took one guy getting pissed off to bring SMU down. That happened to be a player. Who is buying the popcorn!?!?!

Saltydog
07-03-2015, 07:03 PM
nt

msstate7
07-03-2015, 07:22 PM
With all this going on, this would be the perfect time for TMZ and the NCAA to go after those recruiting emails that freeze requested

confucius say
07-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Who knows how much of this is true, but to me the biggest thing is falsified academic records and gifts during recruitment. That's on om directly, as opposed to gifts from agents.

Will also be interesting to see if om gets out in front of this and suspends him while the investigation is ongoing. That seems like the norm in these situations, in order to protect the school from further penalties, but I could be wrong.

Finally, I said it a week ago, this is why you don't come out immediately and say "we are proud of laremy for doing the right thing and protecting his family" when you admittedly don't know all the facts. PR 101.

BrunswickDawg
07-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Who knows how much of this is true, but to me the biggest thing is falsified academic records and gifts during recruitment. .
Wasn't an OM alum tied to a high school academic scandal with a recruit who ended up not going to OM? Seem to remember that with either the 2013 or 2014 class.

fader2103
07-03-2015, 07:36 PM
Somewhere Xenareb is beginning to stretch.

Jacksondevildog
07-03-2015, 07:36 PM
It's crazy that the Rebels fans on the message boards are saying that they aren't worried about the agent stuff, but they are worried about the recruiting allegations. They know they sold the farm to buy Tunsil and they are sweating it a little, even if they are acting unconcerned about it.

GreenheadDawg
07-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Well, I was dubious as well, but now the dude is talking about forged high school grades and improper recruiting benefits. It's obvious he is taking the "I'm gonna burn this mother 17 down" approach. There apparently will be no payoff for this homie.

Well this changes some things then. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that he actually has some proof

msstate7
07-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Wasn't an OM alum tied to a high school academic scandal with a recruit who ended up not going to OM? Seem to remember that with either the 2013 or 2014 class.

Jovon Robinson maybe? Seems it was a Memphis kid anyway

Jacksondevildog
07-03-2015, 07:38 PM
That's what that 3.2 was the other day in Madison.

Somewhere Xenareb is beginning to stretch.

TUSK
07-03-2015, 07:39 PM

No. They do what they want and how they want it. Period.

They allow secret witnesses, make up the rules as they go, and have been proven corrupt...

They base their decisions and penalties based on how "cooperative" the program is...

However, since they lost their teeth (mostly over AU/Cam), they don't have the resources they once enjoyed...

Dawgcentral
07-03-2015, 07:43 PM
It doesn't matter if he is a wife-beater or not- if he gives the NCAA the right specifics- they are going to catch more hell than a little bit

True. But it does factor into credibility.

Truth is, if the guy had a record of beating on women it would have been brought forth by now. He's pissed, and it could very well be that he's more ticked off about the OM machine dragging him through the mud, and the bullshit he's witnessed since living in Oxford than he is about some benefits he's not going to receive from being the step father of an NFL player.

Stepfathers get a bad label for many reasons. The evidence so far shows this: Tunsil ran his ass away from the scene of a crime. Miller stayed there to deal with the consequences. Witnesses say Miller took a beating. Miller would have gone to jail if there was ANY evidence or report of Tunsil's mom getting hurt.

The truth is apparent.

JDog13
07-03-2015, 07:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYBzl5OCXjE

Jacksondevildog
07-03-2015, 07:59 PM
A poster on the Spirit claims that the NCAA was in town to discuss the ex track coach that just resigned. Unreal.

Bucky Dog
07-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Is it too late for the Touhy's to adopt this poor child?***. I mean the already flew him to the Super Bowl to meet their other"child"!

Saltydog
07-03-2015, 08:02 PM
knew the NCAA officials name? Riley Blevins seemed to believe it was true.

BeardoMSU
07-03-2015, 08:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYBzl5OCXjE

Haha...

I've got this on standby....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvMYPF-gnQU

BossDawg
07-03-2015, 08:11 PM

I agree. I think we all know the ending to this. However, I bet the NCAA is getting tired of having to go to Oxford every few months.

BossDawg
07-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Well I don't understand how nothing could come of this

4 letters: N C A A

Maroonthirteen
07-03-2015, 08:41 PM
A poster on the Spirit claims that the NCAA was in town to discuss the ex track coach that just resigned. Unreal.

Nah, they were in town for lunch with Katy Perry, McConaughey, Grisham and Eli at the Taylor's Grocery.

dotcomdawg
07-03-2015, 10:44 PM
one would think that if a step-dad was beating up your mom, you would never flee the scene and leave the abused alone with an abuser. If it is true that the step-father was beating on Tunsil's mom, what does that say about Tunsil fleeing the scene and leaving his mom alone with a man that had supposedly beat her minutes earlier.

True. But it does factor into credibility.

Truth is, if the guy had a record of beating on women it would have been brought forth by now. He's pissed, and it could very well be that he's more ticked off about the OM machine dragging him through the mud, and the bullshit he's witnessed since living in Oxford than he is about some benefits he's not going to receive from being the step father of an NFL player.

Stepfathers get a bad label for many reasons. The evidence so far shows this: Tunsil ran his ass away from the scene of a crime. Miller stayed there to deal with the consequences. Witnesses say Miller took a beating. Miller would have gone to jail if there was ANY evidence or report of Tunsil's mom getting hurt.

The truth is apparent.

dotcomdawg
07-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Tunsil = 'roid rage***

hells bells
07-03-2015, 11:02 PM
BS. This is going to be epic.

No, EliteDawgs wag the dog. Nothing.

Todd4State
07-03-2015, 11:43 PM
For those thinking that nothing will happen because of CJ Johnson- here's the difference. ESPN and other multiple news outlets are picking up on this, and you have someone willing to rat out Ole Miss.

ESPN never picked up on CJ once. And that's only because people weren't willing to talk.

Now will they get the death penalty? No. But something will happen even if it's Tunsil being suspended- not to mention the potential collateral damage in recruiting from having a cloud hanging over them.

Dawgowar
07-03-2015, 11:52 PM
One thing - when we went through our waltz with the NCAA and TSUN there was no Twitter. There was no Facebook. Oh man, if they try to mess with the wrong kid's ego or wallet this could be entertaining. Penalties or not, this could be really fun watching it blow up big.

ShotgunDawg
07-04-2015, 12:00 AM
I think Tunsil is done.

I know MSU fans keep saying, "I don't think anything will happen", but I think something will. I mean, they questioned the stepdad for 3 hours...... What the hell do you talk about for three hours? I think it possible that he was showing them the evidence.

My guess is that the investigation stops there though. The NCAA will suspend Tunsil for the year, & not touch the rest of the Ole Miss mess. However, the last thing you want is the NCAA snooping around. Something tells me, they may be out to make an example out of someone.

KB21
07-04-2015, 12:18 AM
Get ready. Ole Miss is going to do their best to find some way of getting Mississippi State in trouble, particularly if Tunsil has to miss any time over this. They will stage something to get MSU in trouble.

Todd4State
07-04-2015, 12:44 AM
I think Tunsil is done.

I know MSU fans keep saying, "I don't think anything will happen", but I think something will. I mean, they questioned the stepdad for 3 hours...... What the hell do you talk about for three hours? I think it possible that he was showing them the evidence.

My guess is that the investigation stops there though. The NCAA will suspend Tunsil for the year, & not touch the rest of the Ole Miss mess. However, the last thing you want is the NCAA snooping around. Something tells me, they may be out to make an example out of someone.

This is what I think will most likely happen. Unless there is a lot more to it than I'm thinking.

Todd4State
07-04-2015, 12:46 AM
Get ready. Ole Miss is going to do their best to find some way of getting Mississippi State in trouble, particularly if Tunsil has to miss any time over this. They will stage something to get MSU in trouble.

If they do, I just hope we stand up for ourselves better.

chainedup_Dawg
07-04-2015, 01:17 AM
Let's hope Miller is as smart as i would have been throughout the entire process.

You have a kid, of which you are not the biological father. At some point, you have to know there is a possibility that things could go south. The moment you start noticing things are not on the up and up you have to start collecting information. Information that not only could buy yourself some freedom from headache and defamation /libel because you have come to learn the kid has nothing for you in the way of actually caring about you or your wellbeing.

In the event you are smart enough to cya in this manner, one would think you could burn this mother17 down in a moments notice

Bothrops
07-04-2015, 01:46 AM
I think Tunsil is done.

Yeah, there's no way that guy plays this year.

Drugs Delaney
07-04-2015, 02:22 AM
Time for ole Xena to dust off the old muff. Wonder does she still have it in her?

BulldogBear
07-04-2015, 02:57 AM
Time for ole Xena to dust off the old muff. Wonder does she still have it in her?she'll likely "have it in her" soon enough. Badump tssss

Dawgface
07-04-2015, 07:50 AM

Probably. But all the mess was put out there for public view by the CL. Not like an official with MSU turned them in.

Spiderman
07-04-2015, 08:03 AM
It's crazy that the Rebels fans on the message boards are saying that they aren't worried about the agent stuff, but they are worried about the recruiting allegations. They know they sold the farm to buy Tunsil and they are sweating it a little, even if they are acting unconcerned about it.

That's because they can survive one year without Tunsil. They know many years of hell is in the future if the recruiting stuff is proven true. They'd gladly kill Tunsil to avoid the NCAA

Todd4State
07-04-2015, 08:58 AM
That's because they can survive one year without Tunsil. They know many years of hell is in the future if the recruiting stuff is proven true. They'd gladly kill Tunsil to avoid the NCAA

Yeah but will their QB's survive the year?

whosyourdawgy
07-04-2015, 09:06 AM
she'll likely "have it in her" soon enough. Badump tssss

Bravo for that one!

Riotous Thinking
07-04-2015, 11:21 AM
Who would have ever thought that the NCAA would get involved over some cornbread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmMT0ZbNOHY

maroonmania
07-04-2015, 11:22 AM
For those thinking that nothing will happen because of CJ Johnson- here's the difference. ESPN and other multiple news outlets are picking up on this, and you have someone willing to rat out Ole Miss.

ESPN never picked up on CJ once. And that's only because people weren't willing to talk.

Now will they get the death penalty? No. But something will happen even if it's Tunsil being suspended- not to mention the potential collateral damage in recruiting from having a cloud hanging over them.

The CJ Johnson fiasco was OM blatant cheating at its finest BUT it was a Mississippi food fight that didn't get any real attention outside the state during a time where Mike Slive was squashing everything going on in the league before the NCAA could even get interested. This issue is a national recruit that OM took from 2 states over and beat out a number of national programs in the process. This still may not end up gaining extensive traction but its a whole different animal than the CJ Johnson situation especially given there is a spurned party involved now willing to spill his guts.

Dawgology
07-04-2015, 11:28 AM
@Riley_Blevins: BREAKING: NCAA officials in town today to question Laremy Tunsil's stepfather as part of an Ole Miss investigation http://t.co/d5EC9lRe8P

In 2019.

maroonmania
07-04-2015, 11:54 AM
If they do, I just hope we stand up for ourselves better.

That's a pipe dream as long as Bracky is leading our defense.

Schultzy
07-04-2015, 12:02 PM
The C-Ledger's in depth reporting on this has been surprising to me. Usually, the story would read as though it were approved first by UM.

Either Blevins missed the memo or they've lost control of the paper.

War Machine Dawg
07-04-2015, 12:15 PM

Nailed it.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-04-2015, 12:18 PM

Still laughing at how yall think Bracky is doing his own thing.

HSVDawg
07-04-2015, 01:02 PM
The NCAA has already been asking questions about the 2013 recruiting class. This is a Godsend for them. Phone records and bank account records will be asked for- guaranteed. The Step-Father got cut out of the loop and he is determined to piss on everyone

It's gonna be difficult to prove for the step dad. Bank account records won't mean anything because I guarantee you they paid straight cash. If he deposited all of it as soon as he got it then it adds some circumstantial evidence, but it probably came in installments to reduce the traceability. On the other hand, its really all about whether or not the NCAA has an ax to grind. If they are dead set in believing something went down, they can certainly find enough evidence in this situation to create a narrartive that it did. Look no further than what they did with Renardo Sidney. They didn't have jack shit on him, but because the family couldn't provide evidence of certain purchases they made in their bank accounts (cash purchases), the NCAA decided that was all they needed.

MrKotter
07-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Still laughing at how yall think Bracky is doing his own thing.
He sure as shit does MSU no favors.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-04-2015, 01:53 PM
He sure as shit does MSU no favors.

When yall understand that he's doing exactly what his bosses want him to do then yall will stop being upset at him. He's not in his office with the light off holding a candle reading the NCAA rule book looking for a way to hurt MSU. Any & everything that Bracky does is talked to & run by Stricklin & Keenum. They have final say so on all these decisions.

Schultzy
07-04-2015, 01:59 PM
The whole Bracky meme is the most widely perpetuated myth in all of MSU message board history.

TheRef
07-04-2015, 02:08 PM
When yall understand that he's doing exactly what his bosses want him to do then yall will stop being upset at him. He's not in his office with the light off holding a candle reading the NCAA rule book looking for a way to hurt MSU. Any & everything that Bracky does is talked to & run by Stricklin & Keenum. They have final say so on all these decisions.

Not Stricklin....He's directly underneath Keenum and reports only to Keenum.

Dawgowar
07-04-2015, 02:20 PM
The C-Ledger's in depth reporting on this has been surprising to me. Usually, the story would read as though it were approved first by UM.

Either Blevins missed the memo or they've lost control of the paper.

All the editors but the 'Lawn & Garden' section must be on vacation and allowed some real investigative reporting to happen. Kind of like having a substitute teacher start the day saying. "Kids, I have never done this before but I am looking forward to today..."

Adult supervision must be flying back to the Jackson office at Mach 2. By tomorrow there will be a full page teaser add on a four day series about how Jackie and MSU went from highly ranked to on probation in under a year.

Coach34
07-04-2015, 02:25 PM
It's gonna be difficult to prove for the step dad. Bank account records won't mean anything because I guarantee you they paid straight cash. If he deposited all of it as soon as he got it then it adds some circumstantial evidence, but it probably came in installments to reduce the traceability. On the other hand, its really all about whether or not the NCAA has an ax to grind. If they are dead set in believing something went down, they can certainly find enough evidence in this situation to create a narrartive that it did. Look no further than what they did with Renardo Sidney. They didn't have jack shit on him, but because the family couldn't provide evidence of certain purchases they made in their bank accounts (cash purchases), the NCAA decided that was all they needed.

even if they got paid straight cash- the NCAA is going to examine how they are paying bills on what she makes. If her house payment is not coming out of her bank account- that's a huge red flag

662dawg
07-04-2015, 02:30 PM
even if they got paid straight cash- the NCAA is going to examine how they are paying bills on what she makes. If her house payment is not coming out of her bank account- that's a huge red flag

So is it true that they live in a neighborhood in Taylor, MS where houses range between $200-250,000?

Coach34
07-04-2015, 02:47 PM
So is it true that they live in a neighborhood in Taylor, MS where houses range between $200-250,000?

No idea if it's true- but that seems to be the dominant rumor. And if true- going from a 40K house in Fla to a 200K house is going to take some splaining

starkvegasdawg
07-04-2015, 03:10 PM
No idea if it's true- but that seems to be the dominant rumor. And if true- going from a 40K house in Fla to a 200K house is going to take some splaining

Especially if she still has the 40k house.

I want to get my hopes up that this will finally be karma swinging the pendulum back to center, but I keep thinking about CJ Johnson. He served up tsun cheating on a silver platter and nothing happened. His tweets were a red handed confession of being bought and paid for. Someone point out the error of my ways. I want to be proven wrong.

thf24
07-04-2015, 05:03 PM
I want to get my hopes up that this will finally be karma swinging the pendulum back to center, but I keep thinking about CJ Johnson. He served up tsun cheating on a silver platter and nothing happened. His tweets were a red handed confession of being bought and paid for. Someone point out the error of my ways. I want to be proven wrong.

In CJ's case, there wasn't a guy saying he knew where/who the truck and cash came from and had evidence of it.

Rayburn8
07-04-2015, 05:27 PM
All the editors but the 'Lawn & Garden' section must be on vacation and allowed some real investigative reporting to happen. Kind of like having a substitute teacher start the day saying. "Kids, I have never done this before but I am looking forward to today..."

Adult supervision must be flying back to the Jackson office at Mach 2. By tomorrow there will be a full page teaser add on a four day series about how Jackie and MSU went from highly ranked to on probation in under a year.

I've met Blevins, dude is from Chicago and is a great guy. He is a honest guy, OM wont like him as their beat writer for long. Tells the truth to much.

dawgoneyall
07-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Oh..... That will change.

Liverpooldawg
07-04-2015, 09:20 PM
It still amazes me that supposed MSU fans bring up our problems or try to play down what might happen to the Confederates in all this. Obviously they are too young to remember what the Confederates were like during the JWS endgame. Either that their intelligence is a bit suspect. Run with it people!! They sure as heck did.

Jack Lambert
07-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Color me skeptical that anything will happen. I mean these guys literally cheat out in the open and nothing ever happens. They have recruits every year that posts pictures of cars and stacks of money. I feel those people are untouchable and they know it. Everyone who is getting excited is gonna be really disappointed. Although I hope they get ****ed raw...real hard

Cam Newton wrote the instructions for everyone to follow when it comes to the NCAA. One thing if the story is true and the NCAA is in Oxford, Freeze would know about it so why lie? He might want to read the Sermon on the mound.

Liverpooldawg
07-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Sermon on the Mount

BeardoMSU
07-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Sermon on the Mount

Flock mending time is gonna get weird up north, I think....

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140817010552/trollpasta/images/e/e1/RaptorJesus.gif

Jack Lambert
07-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Sermon on the Mount

I intended to say Mound. Metaphor for being laid to rest.

Liverpooldawg
07-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Cam Newton wrote the instructions for everyone to follow when it comes to the NCAA. One thing if the story is true and the NCAA is in Oxford, Freeze would know about it so why lie? He might want to read the Sermon on the mound.

The thing you have to remember with the Cam thing is the NCAA changed the rules after that. They claimed at the time that no current rules were violated. Then they passed rules to specifically prohibit what Scam and Cecil did. THAT is SPECIFICALLY against the rules NOW. Of course it was then too but they would NEVER interfere with a national championship before the fact. Ask Reggie and USC what they might do AFTER the fact.

Maroonthirteen
07-05-2015, 11:15 AM
I was around a big OM fan last night. The subject was brought up.....this OM fan regurgitated the narrative.... Step dad is a wife beater. Poor Tunsil is the hero that saved his mom. Agents are a fabrication of the step father.

I laughed. I wanted to know why the cops arrested Tunsil and not the supposed wife beater. Dudes blood pressure shot up. "But but but...nothing will happen. Tunsil will play." The dudes headed exploded when I reply. No he will not play....and yall are under investigation. Hahahaha... To easy. A thin skinned delusional bunch, they are.

codeDawg
07-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Especially if she still has the 40k house.

The difference here is that a PARENT is spilling the beans. Pissed and vindictive or not, this guy knows where all the bodies are buried. He's probably the one that requested the bodies to begin with.

I fully expect the defense to be: "abusive step-dad forced the family to accept benefits and move to Oxford. Tunsil finally had enough of the abuse and snapped."

Martianlander
07-05-2015, 07:19 PM
If tsun makes this go away, it's going to cost them a lot, and I mean a lot, of their slush fund money.

War Machine Dawg
07-05-2015, 07:31 PM
Our friend Incarcerated Bob is back on Twitter and gloating like hell. That dude might have been full of shit, but I love him just for the way he trolls the BearSharks.

MSUDawg4Life
07-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Our friend Incarcerated Bob is back on Twitter and gloating like hell. That dude might have been full of shit, but I love him just for the way he trolls the BearSharks.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Jacksondevildog
07-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Neal McReady put out an update on the NCAA situation about an hour ago and I have seen posts from Bears on other boards that the NCAA did meet with Ole Miss, but it was in Memphis. Not sure what Neal said, but I am putting two and two together.

Coach34
07-05-2015, 08:22 PM
The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

absolutely

BeardoMSU
07-05-2015, 08:26 PM
Neal McReady put out an update on the NCAA situation about an hour ago and I have seen posts from Bears on other boards that the NCAA did meet with Ole Miss, but it was in Memphis. Not sure what Neal said, but I am putting two and two together.

Any screenshots?

Jacksondevildog
07-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Any screenshots?

Per dawgstudent on sixpack:

From OM Rivals site...
The Clarion-Ledger reported Friday that Lindsey Miller, the stepfather of Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil, met with NCAA enforcement official Chris Howard in Oxford. That story came on the heels of Miller telling the C-L he was aware of violations during Tunsil's recruiting, including academic impropriety and gifts made by the university.

Today, Ole Miss athletics director Ross Bjork told me Howard was not in Oxford but the meeting reported by the Clarion-Ledger did occur. Bjork did not say where the meeting was held, but he said Ole Miss was told of the meeting "but not allowed to participate."

More as we get it...

BeardoMSU
07-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Ha....go 17 your mother, Zv2.