Saturday - Austin Sexton RHP
Sunday - Moonlight Tatum LHP

Closer - Zac Houston RHP

tcdog70
07-02-2015, 03:11 PM
the same team that came in 14th

Tbonewannabe
07-02-2015, 03:19 PM
Need to break up the left and right match up. Maybe depending on how he is back from injury but I would move Michael Smith to the 2 hole and maybe Cody Brown to 7. Let Gridley or Holland hit 9. I really hope a Juco comes in hot. Unless a lot of guys come in healthy and take a big step up, next year might be at best mediocre.

maroonmania
07-02-2015, 04:22 PM
IF that was our lineup I would move Cody Brown to 6th, Holland to 7th and Michael Smith to 9th. That would put another left hand experienced bat in the middle of the lineup and puts Smith and Robson, our 2 fastest players, together in the lineup.

engie
07-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Houston has not even remotely shown me the mental makeup necessary to finish out games...

Tripp McNeely
07-02-2015, 05:03 PM

Give me that lineup and a team ERA closer to 4.00 (or better), and I'm fine with it

zdawg
07-02-2015, 07:49 PM
tc...what does your lineup look like ?

I seen it dawg
07-02-2015, 08:13 PM
Houston has not even remotely shown me the mental makeup necessary to finish out games...

As opposed to any of our pitchers having any mental makeup...

KB21
07-02-2015, 08:24 PM
As opposed to any of our pitchers having any mental makeup...

Same thing was said about Chris Stratton and Jacob Lindgren.....right before they blossomed into star pitchers. I bet I can find a few comments on Kendall Graveman from his first couple of years on campus as well if I went back far enough.

There is a significant lack of understanding when it comes to the pace of player development by fans.

tcdog70
07-02-2015, 08:40 PM
tc...what does your lineup look like ?

I would hope the two JuCo power guys and Cole Gordon would break into the lineup. Plus the Catcher from Fla.Collins needs to DH. We have some freshmen with power arms and I would like a couple of them to be Starters. One a mid week guy and another one a weekend starter.. Do Y'all really think going with the worst team in the SEC is the way to go?

ScottH
07-02-2015, 09:02 PM
I realize there is an adjustment period for freshmen (except at UF)and jucos however if a juco or 2 and a couple of freshmen don't contribute significantly at some point I will be disappointed based on the incoming class hype combined with the lack of success of last years team.

I seen it dawg
07-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Same thing was said about Chris Stratton and Jacob Lindgren.....right before they blossomed into star pitchers. I bet I can find a few comments on Kendall Graveman from his first couple of years on campus as well if I went back far enough.

There is a significant lack of understanding when it comes to the pace of player development by fans.

There is no lack of understanding of any aspect of the game of baseball here. Part of player development is gaining mental toughness. We ain't got it yet. And the players on this campus should have some semblance of it by now. We aren't cultivating it and bringing it out or we have the wrong players that won't ever have it. I hope they get some over this summer because it is a glaring hole.

shoeless joe
07-02-2015, 09:36 PM

I don't ever remember Graveman's mental toughness coming into question...and if it was that person is a dumbass.

I don't disagree that confidence and experience can breed mental toughness but there are some guys that just have it no matter what. Some guys that come to mind since Cohen has been here are Ogden, brownlee, reed, pollorena, Frazier; just to name a few.

I will also add this in regards to Houston...someone extremely close to him during his senior year of high school told me he was mentally week and didn't have what it took to get the most out of his physical potential. Hopefully that has changed as he has matured mentally and physically and will have a big year.

smootness
07-02-2015, 10:01 PM

Completely agree. One year can make all the difference in college baseball.

Most of our players' struggles, or just development, are quickly and lazily tossed aside by fans as 'not having toughness' or 'being a mental midget'. It's dumb.

zdawg
07-02-2015, 10:44 PM
I would hope the two JuCo power guys and Cole Gordon would break into the lineup. Plus the Catcher from Fla.Collins needs to DH. We have some freshmen with power arms and I would like a couple of them to be Starters. One a mid week guy and another one a weekend starter.. Do Y'all really think going with the worst team in the SEC is the way to go?

Sounds like a solid plan.
I think the Freshman class will have a much greater impact than most think. We're going to be much improved this year and really good by year two. Pitching is going to get really good really fast !

I seen it dawg
07-03-2015, 08:11 AM
Completely agree. One year can make all the difference in college baseball.

Most of our players' struggles, or just development, are quickly and lazily tossed aside by fans as 'not having toughness' or 'being a mental midget'. It's dumb.

Not dumb at all. It's part of their development and we are woefully behind in that department. We don't play the game with any mental toughness across the board. We better do a 180 on it or it won't matter our talent level.

State82
07-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Unless a lot of guys come in healthy and take a big step up, next year might be at best mediocre.

After the clown show we just witnessed this past season I'll take some mediocre. It will at least be an improvement. Sad to say.