PDA

View Full Version : July 4th weather

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
07-02-2015, 11:26 AM
I see Starkville showing a 50% chance of thunderstorms w/ .25 - .5 in. of rain possible. Anybody have a more detailed prediction, e.g. hourly or morning/afternoon/night, downpour/drizzle? Basically I want to find out how feasible a cookout will be, if the sun will show up, & if a slip n' slide is a lightning hazard. Thanks.

TheRef
07-02-2015, 11:28 AM
I see Starkville showing a 50% chance of thunderstorms w/ .25 - .5 in. of rain possible. Anybody have a more detailed prediction, e.g. hourly or morning/afternoon/night, downpour/drizzle? Basically I want to find out how feasible a cookout will be, if the sun will show up, & if a slip n' slide is a lightning hazard. Thanks.

Standby

TheRef
07-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Looks like early in the day is the best chance for rain/thunderstorms. After noon, I'd say your chances for rain will decrease to scattered and isolated. So from noon to 6 PM is probably your best chance to be outside. If you want to do anything, that would be the time to do it. Then from 6 PM to midnight the chances will start to climb again.

starkvegasdawg
07-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Since you are now an official degreed met I'll go ahead and be one of the first to ask you a question like this.

My cousin is getting married this Saturday in Okolona and they want to have an outside reception. It's going to be in her backyard at 110 Whatever St. from 4:00-6:00PM. Is it going to be raining there then?

I'm not even a met but get asked stuff like that just because they see the storm chaser magnets on my truck.

TheRef
07-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Since you are now an official degreed met I'll go ahead and be one of the first to ask you a question like this.

My cousin is getting married this Saturday in Okolona and they want to have an outside reception. It's going to be in her backyard at 110 Whatever St. from 4:00-6:00PM. Is it going to be raining there then?

I'm not even a met but get asked stuff like that just because they see the storm chaser magnets on my truck.

I have no idea. :P