PDA

View Full Version : Getting an early start on the injury bug..Gridley shelved w/knee injury

CadaverDawg
07-01-2015, 09:47 PM
for the summer. Hope it's not too bad. Anybody got any info, I just saw that he was done for the summer on Twitter

Todd4State
07-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Shit. I swear to God, no one else in the SEC has this happen to them.

msstate7
07-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Great*

I really think Gridley will be a really good player for us if he stays healthy

CadaverDawg
07-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Great*

I agree. Hopefully it's not too bad. He was having a hell of a stretch lately with the bat.

Todd4State
07-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Great*

Uh yeah. Like Adam Frazier good.

I don't know what's going on with Gridley at this point as far as the injury- but if he can't come back we're going to see Luke Alexander start at SS. He'll be fine defensively- but as I've said I don't know how quickly he will adjust to SEC hitting, and that's where we would miss Gridley in all likelihood unless Alexander comes in and rakes. No guarantee on that. Especially with us.

Holland has had a good summer, so I hope that carries over.

Todd4State
07-01-2015, 09:56 PM
I can't wait to hear that all six of our pitchers in the Cape are going to have Tommy John, all of our power hitters will develop African Pig Sickness, and the only one left that is healthy is Robson and Luke Reynolds who will have to single handedly carry our team.

Jack Lambert
07-01-2015, 10:28 PM
for the summer. Hope it's not too bad. Anybody got any info, I just saw that he was done for the summer on Twitter

It happens.

Smitty
07-01-2015, 10:35 PM
Todd has said that Luke Alexander will start day 1 at SS since he was in the 8th grade. We should be okay according to that.

Todd4State
07-01-2015, 10:56 PM
Todd has said that Luke Alexander will start day 1 at SS since he was in the 8th grade. We should be okay according to that.

Full. Of. Shit.

I like how you desperately hope that we won't be any good so that I will be "wrong". As if that will somehow prove you "right" how many SR and CWS appearances later?

Todd4State
07-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Some guy on twitter who follows Gridley's team just told me that he thinks the injury is not serious and is more precautionary than anything.

Now, I don't know this guy at all- but he's their twitter guy FWIW.

He didn't say what the injury was.

KB21
07-01-2015, 11:48 PM
Some guy on twitter who follows Gridley's team just told me that he thinks the injury is not serious and is more precautionary than anything.

Now, I don't know this guy at all- but he's their twitter guy FWIW.

He didn't say what the injury was.

He's hitting .325 right now in his league and is the top hitter on his team. He could make an Adam Frazier type jump in his sophomore season. Frazier was just named an All Star in AA ball.

msstate7
07-01-2015, 11:52 PM
He's hitting .325 right now in his league and is the top hitter on his team. He could make an Adam Frazier type jump in his sophomore season. Frazier was just named an All Star in AA ball.
Unfortunately for Frazier, Neil walker is a dang good hitter. Frazier is 2b still, right?

I seen it dawg
07-02-2015, 05:44 AM
Let's wait and see before we cut his leg off. Prob got dinged up and just decided to shut him down. He got quite a few ABs.

Smitty
07-02-2015, 06:24 AM
Full. Of. Shit.

I like how you desperately hope that we won't be any good so that I will be "wrong". As if that will somehow prove you "right" how many SR and CWS appearances later?

Uh, it sounds like I'm hoping you are right and a Gridley injury wouldn't set us back too far.

#Toddfail

Homedawg
07-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Unfortunately for Frazier, Neil walker is a dang good hitter. Frazier is 2b still, right?

Frazier is playing in the outfield.

msstate7
07-02-2015, 08:48 AM
Frazier is playing in the outfield.

Good. Thought he was still 2b