PDA

View Full Version : Tunsil Questions for an Enterprising Reporter

HeCannotGo
06-30-2015, 03:53 PM
I don't post much but the Tunsil story is intriguing on multiple levels. There are several issues that an energetic, enterprising reporter (thus ruling out anyone at the Clarion Ledger) would want to check on, including:

1. Does Tunsil get some sort of punishment for assaulting his stepfather? Given the lack of integrity of Hugh Freeze, the only relevant question here is whether having Tunsil play is a necessary aspect to a successful season. The answer is clearly "yes", so there's no way Tunsil gets disciplined in any real sense. The only exception I can see to this is if one of the issues below gets too hot for the UM administration, at which time Hugh will climb back on his high horse and, sighing with regret, announce that Tunsil has been dismissed from the team.

2. What is the Tunsils' housing situation in Oxford and in Florida? Do they still own the house in Florida? Do they own or rent the house in Oxford? If they maintain two residences, how do they pay for them? If the Oxford house is rented, do the Tunsils pay a market rate of rent? Who is the landlord? When did they move to Oxford? Public records would help answer some of these questions.

3. Some of the early internet chatter (and possibly some news reports) included allegations that Laremy Tunsil "stole" his stepfather's car just after the assault. This brings up several questions. As some have noted on this board, if Tunsil was indeed defending his mother, why drive away and leave the mother in the presence of the stepfather? Does the car actually belong to the stepfather? If Laremy drives the car often, it seems relevant to ask when and how the stepfather acquired the car; perhaps a UM booster "loaned" it to him. Whose name is on the title and when was it acquired?

4. When Tunsil originally signed with UM, there were indications that coaches at Georgia and perhaps other schools felt something improper happened. This seems to be a perfect time to investigate the specifics on the recruiting of Tunsil in order to determine the whole story about the house and car.

5. The stepfather now says that Laremy was in the presence of "agents." Who are these agents and why were they at the house? How long has Tunsil been involved with one or more agents?

It will be interesting to watch the UM spin machine go into action in an attempt to resolve these questions and somehow put UM in a positive light. I'll be somewhat impressed if they come up with a credible story that allays all of these concerns without contradicting themselves.

coastdoglover
06-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Great points and question. Of course, Riley Blevins will never ask those questions so we will never know. Another question could be, "how many other players have their parents living now in Oxford if they are out of state? Blevins was on Finebaum this afternoon and never once did Paul ask him anything other than what is in the police reports? Blevins said he had not talked to Tunsil and I doubt Freeze would allow it without a lawyer there. I see nothing the step dad could have gained by talking about the agents unless he was mad he was being cut out of the deal.