PDA

View Full Version : Just called the NCAA legislative division about agents with college players

coastdoglover
06-30-2015, 03:28 PM
I was told emphatically no player can be traveling around with sports agents as it will immediately make them ineligible. it is considered a violation. I wonder now how Freeze and his lawyers plan to erase that from the police report. I think we all know how the rent on the house is being paid and no telling how much more but it would seem the NCAA could simply read the report and do a few interviews while also asking the Ole Miss regime how many other players parents now live in Oxford and get lots of info.

Saltydog
06-30-2015, 03:51 PM
Just you wait and see.

Tbonewannabe
06-30-2015, 04:29 PM
Didn't Freeze say that Tunsil being with the agents was ok as long as they didn't buy him anything?

mstatefan91
06-30-2015, 04:32 PM
Didn't Freeze say that Tunsil being with the agents was ok as long as they didn't buy him anything?

Tis what he said

MSUDawg99
06-30-2015, 04:33 PM
Then what about this?

"I was told emphatically no player can be traveling around with sports agents as it will immediately make them ineligible. it is considered a violation. "

messageboardsuperhero
06-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Wait... You actually took the time to call the NCAA? Seriously?

gtowndawg
06-30-2015, 04:48 PM
I mean a yellow convertible?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/nmwright4/yellow%20convertable_zpsyby4jj4u.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/nmwright4/media/yellow%20convertable_zpsyby4jj4u.jpg.html)

mstatefan91
06-30-2015, 04:54 PM
The get away car

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/3-1942-Ford.jpg

BeardoMSU
06-30-2015, 04:59 PM
#DasAuto

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/yugo-cabriolet-2.jpg

shannondawg
06-30-2015, 06:44 PM
Somebody got to do the media's job.

ghostofjackie
06-30-2015, 11:08 PM
You must have more time on your hands than I do. Who gives a shit about LT and if he plays another game for them this year? Maybe if we didn't show up and play like a bunch of dripping pussies in Oxford last year we wouldn't be so worried about this. We need to worry about beating their asses up and down the field this year like we should have done last year.

SDDawg
06-30-2015, 11:59 PM
Softie doesn't play against us anyway, no bigs...

CohenSidedWithGreatness
07-01-2015, 01:11 AM
I was told emphatically no player can be traveling around with sports agents as it will immediately make them ineligible. it is considered a violation. I wonder now how Freeze and his lawyers plan to erase that from the police report. I think we all know how the rent on the house is being paid and no telling how much more but it would seem the NCAA could simply read the report and do a few interviews while also asking the Ole Miss regime how many other players parents now live in Oxford and get lots of info.

***Blank stare***

You do realize the rest of us just poke fun at this sort of thing in jest, right? We don't, you know, actually spend our time phoning governing bodies about some conspiracies occurring up the road....

Dawg61
07-01-2015, 01:52 AM
What kind of phone did you use?

FlabLoser
07-01-2015, 06:43 AM
What kind of phone did you use?

Please say it was a shoe phone.

starkvegasdawg
07-01-2015, 07:17 AM
Please say it was a shoe phone.

Now that's a flashback to a show I haven't thought about in a long time.

whosyourdawgy
07-01-2015, 07:25 AM
Dude. I mean I'm a little curious as to how this is gonna play out Got my bag of popcorn and watching. But to call the NCAA to ask about it. How did you get the phone number? How did you get to a person that actually would tell you something after you got that phone number? We talk all the time about them being obsessed with us. This post is one where a mirror needs to be used. Damnation. This is xenareb worthy stuff.

paco
07-01-2015, 07:25 AM
Traveling with agents is a violation of rules. Meeting with agents is allowable after two Super Bowls past their high school graduation. I am most curious about the Tunsil family living arrangements. I have little doubt he was induced to sign with ole miss. The agent thing is no issue unless a player receives a gift, money or signs a contract prior to their last game. Don't get yourself worked up over meeting with an agent. Focus on the money.

FlabLoser
07-01-2015, 08:23 AM
Watch out, paco. Ole Miss gonna call you racist for suggesting that the Tunsils aren't wealthy enough to own multiple homes. I mean, most Americans do own multiple homes, right? Right?

Liverpooldawg
07-01-2015, 09:04 AM
This may not be the one that gets them but sooner or later all this stuff is going to blow up in their face. Someday someone will get mad enough about something to start talking and money won't shut them up.

Dawgology
07-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Wait... You actually took the time to call the NCAA? Seriously?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." And yes....Ole Miss is an evil little shit.

JDog13
07-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Congrats on the troll coast. You got ED posters and om dorks with this one.

Political Hack
07-01-2015, 10:16 AM
So OM fans can call the NCAA, jump in bed with them, hire PI's to tail our head coach, pay to publish fat people's books, etc... but if one of our own picks up the phone to ask a question, y'all say "too far"... Really?

Wow. Y'all take that whole "turn the other cheek" thing to a new level.

coastdoglover
07-01-2015, 10:56 AM
I was curious as to what is a violation. I called the NCAA in Indianapolis to simply ask the question. They told me the enforcement staff does not take calls but the legislative office does. I was connected to a young lady and she told me exactly what I posted. I then asked her if her organization was aware of what had been reported in Mississippi and she said they had seen various links but she would relay this to her superiors to check it out. I also asked her would it be unusual for a player from Florida to all of a sudden now be living with his parents or have his parents now living in the college's town? She said that has happened but it is very odd. I then asked her what if there were numerous situations like this with star recruits with one team? She said that would be highly suspicious. I simply then thanked her for her assistance and told her I think you can get to the bottom of this very easily and I knew the Mississippi press would not do it.

So OM fans can call the NCAA, jump in bed with them, hire PI's to tail our head coach, pay to publish fat people's books, etc... but if one of our own picks up the phone to ask a question, y'all say "too far"... Really?

1bigdawg
07-01-2015, 11:02 AM

Thank you coastdoglover!!

msstate7
07-01-2015, 11:39 AM
***Blank stare***

My blank stare is at the mods for allowing you to continue to post. You're obviously a rebel. Coast is a respected dawg, so back off

BossDawg
07-01-2015, 12:04 PM
You do realize the rest of us just poke fun at this sort of thing in jest, right? We don't, you know, actually spend our time phoning governing bodies about some conspiracies occurring up the road....

A simple phone call is child's play compared to what UMiss fans have done in the past to drag State (even individual fans) through the mud, particularly while Sherrill was HC. Every day should be open season for UMiss as far as I'm concerned, because they are all but begging to be put on probation anyway. UMiss fans never joke around unless they get backed into a corner, so don't try and play this off. They deserve every single round that gets popped off at them.

codeDawg
07-01-2015, 12:15 PM
A simple phone call is child's play compared to what UMiss fans have done in the past to drag State (even individual fans) through the mud, particularly while Sherrill was HC. Every day should be open season for UMiss as far as I'm concerned, because they are all but begging to be put on probation anyway. UMiss fans never joke around unless they get backed into a corner, so don't try and play this off. They deserve every single round that gets popped off at them.

This is the same group that calls people's employers in an attempt to get them fired for things they type on a message board.

idog
07-01-2015, 12:18 PM
a year or two ago, the NCAA made a student athlete pay back the university for using a hose on campus to wash her car.

messageboardsuperhero
07-01-2015, 12:20 PM

I never once said that UM people haven't done far creepier... Because they have.

Ralph
07-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Personally I appreciate someone that's willing to find out the rules vs someone bitching about what they THINK the rules are.

coastdoglover
07-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Read the clarion ledger's latest article and evidently somebody decided to check the rules. That is minor in my mind and the real question which is not being asked is how are the step dad and mama living in Oxford and who is paying the rent? Also, as far as you jerks who tried to attack me for doing Blevins job, you know where you can put it!

maroonmania
07-01-2015, 02:34 PM
I'm still just mesmerized how the "Network" at OM can dole out all of this life changing money to OM recruits and their families, even bringing them to Oxford, with full immunity to the NCAA while we get hammered over something like a guy getting a discount on a used car that you could get most any day of the week at any dealership. The whole thing is sickening. Everything being equal, a recruit like Tunsil wouldn't have given OM the time of day given all of the options he had.

JoseBrown
07-01-2015, 02:51 PM
I was curious as to what is a violation. I called the NCAA in Indianapolis to simply ask the question. They told me the enforcement staff does not take calls but the legislative office does. I was connected to a young lady and she told me exactly what I posted. I then asked her if her organization was aware of what had been reported in Mississippi and she said they had seen various links but she would relay this to her superiors to check it out. I also asked her would it be unusual for a player from Florida to all of a sudden now be living with his parents or have his parents now living in the college's town? She said that has happened but it is very odd. I then asked her what if there were numerous situations like this with star recruits with one team? She said that would be highly suspicious. I simply then thanked her for her assistance and told her I think you can get to the bottom of this very easily and I knew the Mississippi press would not do it.

With you catching shit about making a phone call, I'm glad you shared the rest of the conversation. Good job!

gtowndawg
07-01-2015, 03:36 PM
With you catching shit about making a phone call, I'm glad you shared the rest of the conversation. Good job!

Lord knows Bracky wouldn't make the call. Glad someone did.

Dawgcentral
07-01-2015, 06:16 PM
It's amazing to me what a little effort will dig up. I've made phone calls to corporate headquarters and easily obtained information on products and levels of ingredients.
I called a retired college ref one time and asked him about a ruling that had just happened on the field. Got his # out of the phone book. He was glad to give me a straight answer, and he said I wasn't bothering him at all. He said he was kicked back in the recliner and fields those calls every Saturday. I didn't even know the guy.

FlabLoser
07-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Hey coastdog, get the NCAA violation report contact into to Lindsey Miller. By all accounts he may have something to tell them.

fishwater99
07-02-2015, 10:01 AM
Keep it up Dawgbreeze...

codeDawg
07-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Read the clarion ledger's latest article and evidently somebody decided to check the rules. That is minor in my mind and the real question which is not being asked is how are the step dad and mama living in Oxford and who is paying the rent? Also, as far as you jerks who tried to attack me for doing Blevins job, you know where you can put it!

No, no, coastdog, you're supposed to sit around and argue and complain about things you don't know anything about on message boards. Don't you know gathering facts from credible sources makes you obsessed?****