PDA

View Full Version : CL Tunsil update

Jacksondevildog
06-30-2015, 12:49 PM
@Riley_Blevins: BREAKING: Stepfather alleges Laremy Tunsil was with 'football agents' during night of fight, per police report
http://t.co/6AaaJdqJOL

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2015, 12:52 PM
It done got real now. If true, that explains why the Bears are so uptight and defensive about this.

chef dixon
06-30-2015, 01:00 PM
That article is all over the place. Almost impossible to follow.

gtowndawg
06-30-2015, 01:00 PM
move along.

https://godofall.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/nothing-to-see-here.gif

Saltydog
06-30-2015, 01:01 PM
no foul and the agents were purusing his player, etc.

BeardoMSU
06-30-2015, 01:03 PM
no foul and the agents were purusing his player, etc.

Yup. Unless there is evidence of improper benefits (which I find doubtful), nothing will come of this.

BrunswickDawg
06-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Is it too late to declare for the Supplemental Draft?

MetEdDawg
06-30-2015, 01:05 PM
I don't think it matters if he was only just talking to them. If he has contact with them as an amateur, isn't that still a major violation? I thought that was way against the rules and could cost Tunsil his amateur status if it's proven and that they were discussing terms for the future.

TUSK
06-30-2015, 01:14 PM
I hope he didn't sign cocktail napkin*...

BeardoMSU
06-30-2015, 01:17 PM
I hope he didn't sign cocktail napkin*...

http://media.giphy.com/media/5u0uZecUZlUsM/giphy.gif

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Yup. Unless there is evidence of improper benefits (which I find doubtful), nothing will come of this.

The article stated he got in a car with them and left. That, I would think, is the NCAA no no in and of itself. Any chance he had of saying they came to his house unsolicted and knocked on his door and he told them to leave went out the window the moment he hopped in the yellow convertible and went for a ride.

Coach34
06-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Ole Missus will have to do something about this. If the NCAA comes in and finds something later- they will get hammered. I knew there was more to this story. Freezus was just too quick to "win the spin"

Jack Lambert
06-30-2015, 01:21 PM
Ole Missus will have to do something about this. If the NCAA comes in and finds something later- they will get hammered. I knew there was more to this story. Freezus was just too quick to "win the spin"

and you wonder why you'r the most talked about guy at Bafoom. You are a bigger rival to them than LSU. Just see how many times they bring up your name vs LSU.

BeardoMSU
06-30-2015, 01:23 PM

Right now it's just he said, he said. They can just spin it as the "stepdad is just trying to hurt Laremy", which could be the case, but that is quite a thing to just make up. Hopefully more will come out.

messageboardsuperhero
06-30-2015, 01:24 PM
I don't really see how this was breaking news... The guy told this to the cops the night it happened, and it was in the police report.

It's not like the step dad just now came out and said this.

Big4Dawg
06-30-2015, 01:26 PM
I don't really see how this was breaking news... The guy told this to the cops the night it happened, and it was in the police report.

It's not like the step dad just now came out and said this.

Exactly. It's not like he came out and ran to the news to come out and say this - which is what some people on Twitter is acting like what happened.

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2015, 01:27 PM
Plus, the story had those quotes from the officer at the scene basically saying that the evidence was corroborating the stepdad's version of things. Sounds like BS just didn't like having mama cussed at and beat stepdad into a pulp. And now if you throw in some agents to the mix that he left with...the QB that they don't have is going to be mowed over like a dandelion all season long.

messageboardsuperhero
06-30-2015, 01:28 PM
Right now it's just he said, he said. They can just spin it as the "stepdad is just trying to hurt Laremy", which could be the case, but that is quite a thing to just make up. Hopefully more will come out.

If he had come out of nowhere and said this today or something, then yes I could understand why someone would think that the step dad said this to hurt Tunsil... But the step dad told this to the police the night it happened, and it was in the police report the whole time.

BeardoMSU
06-30-2015, 01:30 PM
If he had come out of nowhere and said this today or something, then yes I could understand why someone would think that the step dad said this to hurt Tunsil... But the step dad told this to the police the night it happened, and it was in the police report the whole time.

True.

mic
06-30-2015, 01:30 PM
I know everyone is quick to dismiss any action will be taken against the Bears based on previous happenings..
But when Sports Agents are alleged to be involved it's a whole new ballgame....

Dawgface
06-30-2015, 01:33 PM
This is getting interesting. I agree with others that this will more than likely go away, but at least the bears are having to squirm a little.

LC Dawg
06-30-2015, 01:38 PM

This is why Freeze came out Saturday with his statements while knowing no one would get their hands on the police report until after the weekend. That way the first thing everyone heard was that Tunsil was a hero and his stepdad was a wife beater. The actual timeline is not important to the Freeze's flock.
However, I don't think this is going away without some questions being answered (or some major bucks changing hands).

thunderclap
06-30-2015, 01:40 PM
You guys are reading way too much into this. I thought it was common knowledge that 62% of sports agents live in Oxford during the summer because it's so awesome.

BeardoMSU
06-30-2015, 01:40 PM
I don't think this is going away without some questions being answered (or some major bucks changing hands).

I just can't see it though. All LT has to do is categorically deny it. It's not like those "agents" are going to come forward and sell him out.

BeardoMSU
06-30-2015, 01:41 PM
You guys are reading way too much into this. I thought it was common knowledge that 62% of sports agents live in Oxford during the summer because it's so awesome.

Ha...good point.

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2015, 01:43 PM
NCAA rules explicity list transporation as something agents are not allowed to provide. If he got in the car with them and drove off they just provided transportation.

Saltydog
06-30-2015, 01:44 PM
a quarter of two suspended against Cupcake U.

chef dixon
06-30-2015, 01:44 PM

lol

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2015, 01:45 PM
I just can't see it though. All LT has to do is categorically deny it. It's not like those "agents" are going to come forward and sell him out.

But if stepdad and his sons back the claim it may be a little harder to deny. Of course, he will deny it and I doubt the agents admit to it either, but this could be enough to make things interesting in Oxford. Especially with the NCAA already up there sniffing around. If nothing else this just threw a little more gas on the fire of any investigation that might be going on.

AlSwearengen
So, I assume these "agents" are runners who are probably close in age to Tunsil and probably hang out with him a good bit. I would also assume that they are seen around town with him a good bit.

Hell, it could be the agents that work on behalf of olemiss.

Coach34

But it if the NCAA comes calling because of all this- he will have to produce phone records and bank statements. If he doesn't- he will have to sit. And now- they will likely come calling

Jack Lambert

If there are witness it's not a he said type of deal.

BeardoMSU
06-30-2015, 01:46 PM
NCAA rules explicity list transporation as something agents are not allowed to provide. If he got in the car with them and drove off they just provided transportation.

Definitely. Also, you'd have to be a glib piece of shit to not think that there were some comped meals, $-handshakes, etc. going on if that was indeed true.

That being said, unless there is just some sort of damning evidence out there, OM WILL NOT let this get serious legs. They are already out in front of this, guaranteed.

RealHastings
This is why Freeze came out Saturday with his statements while knowing no one would get their hands on the police report until after the weekend. That way the first thing everyone heard was that Tunsil was a hero and his stepdad was a wife beater. The actual timeline is not important to the Freeze's flock.
However, I don't think this is going away without some questions being answered (or some major bucks changing hands).

I agree. Even if the Bears and Big Softie do come away from this without any disciplinary action, at least its safe to say that they had to spend/waste a substantial amount of money to make this go away. Basically its a lose-lose situation for them. 1a) They lose Tunsil and/or get sanctioned by the NCAA. 1b) The spend an absurd amount of money to make this go away. Meanwhile, I'll just be sitting back with a bowl of popcorn watching the bears squirm and their spin machine in full effect.

LC Dawg

It probably won't amount to anything but if him leaving with people is in the police report the police may want to speak to them. The following from the article caught my eye:

"Tunsil's voluntary statements were not attached to the report obtained by The Clarion-Ledger. Ole Miss did not immediately respond to a request from The Clarion-Ledger seeking comment."

BeardoMSU
06-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Ole Miss did not immediately respond to a request from The Clarion-Ledger seeking comment."

I noticed that too.

Obviously getting ducks in a row....

Original48
06-30-2015, 01:53 PM
I have a feeling there is A LOT more Laremy's stepdaddy has in his hip pocket to hurt Laremy should the Bears continue to demonize him. This really isn't a good situation for them.

Saltydog
06-30-2015, 01:54 PM
nt

AlSwearengen
06-30-2015, 01:59 PM
I have a feeling there is A LOT more Laremy's stepdaddy has in his hip pocket to hurt Laremy should the Bears continue to demonize him. This really isn't a good situation for them.

yeah. It may not have been such a good idea for freeze to make him sound like a wife beater. This could cost the bears quite a bit in hush money.

Pollodawg
06-30-2015, 02:01 PM
The fact is someone is lying. If Freeze said that charges had been filed when they hadn't been, which is looking like the case, he lied. It's that simple. A lie is when one tells an untruth. Freeze said, when all of this broke, that charges had been filed against the step dad. Well, then why where the only official mention of charges not made until late yesterday from what I understand. Freeze told an untruth, ergo.........

Simple logic dictates that someone isn't being truthful.

Todd4State
06-30-2015, 02:01 PM
So, I assume these "agents" are runners who are probably close in age to Tunsil and probably hang out with him a good bit. I would also assume that they are seen around town with him a good bit.

Hell, it could be the agents that work on behalf of olemiss.

This is what I am wondering- what is the context of the agents? Are they pro agents or are they runners for Ole Miss? I would venture to guess that they more than likely are associated with Ole Miss.

Pollodawg
06-30-2015, 02:05 PM
This is what I am wondering- what is the context of the agents? Are they pro agents or are they runners for Ole Miss? I would venture to guess that they more than likely are associated with Ole Miss.

If I had to speculate--and that is all this is--mama Tusnil called the "agents" when she saw Tunsil whooping up on step daddy to come and get him as far away from the scene as possible so as little could be made of this as possible. What OM had to plan for was step dad coming clean with some less than savory details about Tunsil's recruitment. They did so by having Freeze get in the vanguard on all of this by declaring that Tunsil was only defending his mom.

Now, they can paint the dad as a wife beater who is bitter about getting beaten up by his stepson and--thus--attempt to ruin step dad's credibility.

LC Dawg
06-30-2015, 02:07 PM
Richard Cross says the only reason State fans are believing that the guys are agents is because Tunsil is black and that if he was white all of you would think they were his valets.

Jack Lambert
06-30-2015, 02:13 PM
Richard Cross says the only reason State fans are believing that the guys are agents is because Tunsil is black and that if he was white all of you would think they were his valets.

Can't wait until the ride home to listen to that idiot give excuses.

Mjoelner34
06-30-2015, 02:17 PM
If I had to speculate--and that is all this is--mama Tusnil called the "agents" when she saw Tunsil whooping up on step daddy to come and get him as far away from the scene as possible so as little could be made of this as possible.

That's what I was thinking too.

sandwolf
06-30-2015, 02:18 PM

Haha, well done.

CadaverDawg
06-30-2015, 02:18 PM
I agree. Even if the Bears and Big Softie do come away from this without any disciplinary action, at least its safe to say that they had to spend/waste a substantial amount of money to make this go away. Basically its a lose-lose situation for them. 1a) They lose Tunsil and/or get sanctioned by the NCAA. 1b) The spend an absurd amount of money to make this go away. Meanwhile, I'll just be sitting back with a bowl of popcorn watching the bears squirm and their spin machine in full effect.

And let's be honest, "there is no difference between 1A and 1B". ***

thunderclap
06-30-2015, 02:23 PM

So he would also agree that if Medgar Evars were white then OM students wouldn't have hung a noose around the neck of his statue. And that if Obama was white then OM students would not have set fires on campus. And so forth and so on......(he's asking to get 17ing dominated on-air)

Todd4State
06-30-2015, 02:25 PM
If I had to speculate--and that is all this is--mama Tusnil called the "agents" when she saw Tunsil whooping up on step daddy to come and get him as far away from the scene as possible so as little could be made of this as possible. What OM had to plan for was step dad coming clean with some less than savory details about Tunsil's recruitment. They did so by having Freeze get in the vanguard on all of this by declaring that Tunsil was only defending his mom.

Now, they can paint the dad as a wife beater who is bitter about getting beaten up by his stepson and--thus--attempt to ruin step dad's credibility.

To me it sounds like Tunsil hanging out with the agents is what made him upset in the first place.

FlabLoser
06-30-2015, 02:37 PM
But it if the NCAA comes calling because of all this- he will have to produce phone records and bank statements. If he doesn't- he will have to sit. And now- they will likely come calling

ITS CALLING!

Todd4State
06-30-2015, 02:40 PM
NFL.com is reporting that Tunsil was with NFL agents.

paco
06-30-2015, 02:42 PM
There is no violation regarding a player meeting with agents this time of year as long as no money or benefits is exchanged and that no contracts are signed prior to the players last collegiate game.

EAVdog
06-30-2015, 02:43 PM
Yeah Step-Dad sounds mad that Tunsil is doing something that could cost him Millions of dollars in the future. Which I'm sure that would mean it would cost him some money too.

From the report it seems like Mom was cussing Laremy as soon as they got back from wherever they were going in the convertible. Step-Pops jumped in and Laremy beat the piss out of him. Just based on the article, which is the best information we have now, it seems plausible that LT is living the life in Oxford being treated well by Agents. He's running the risk of severely diminishing his draft position and/or bringing some real troubles to Ole Miss.

I am loving every second of this, I was afraid this was going to be a boring off-season!

maroonmania
06-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Yeah Step-Dad sounds mad that Tunsil is doing something that could cost him Millions of dollars in the future. Which I'm sure that would mean it would cost him some money too.

From the report it seems like Mom was cussing Laremy as soon as they got back from wherever they were going in the convertible. Step-Pops jumped in and Laremy beat the piss out of him. Just based on the article, which is the best information we have now, it seems plausible that LT is living the life in Oxford being treated well by Agents. He's running the risk of severely diminishing his draft position and/or bringing some real troubles to Ole Miss.

I am loving every second of this, I was afraid this was going to be a boring off-season!

Guess I don't follow. This sounds like to me that the only thing this could possibly hurt is Ole Miss. If Tunsil sat out the season and stayed healthy (which he rarely does when playing) he's probably still a Top 10 pick. Tunsil could care less about OM so he's probably not worried one way or the other what comes out on this with the agents. He is only at OM for what benefits he could get anyway.

jumbo
06-30-2015, 02:50 PM
I don't think it matters if he was only just talking to them. If he has contact with them as an amateur, isn't that still a major violation? I thought that was way against the rules and could cost Tunsil his amateur status if it's proven and that they were discussing terms for the future.

It's not a violation for an athlete to talk to an agent. If the agent provides anything, like a meal or a getaway vehicle, then it's a violation.

thf24
06-30-2015, 02:51 PM
What I'm interested to see at this point is how Hugh backtracks on this one. That righteous man has been caught either lying or passing along what turned out to be bad information.

RealHastings
06-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Well whatayaknow, info leaks out about the agents and boom, 15 minutes later Bucky releases a statement to try to calm the herd. Statement from Freezus:

"We are aware that Laremy & his family have met with potential agents, which is within his NCAA rights as a student-athlete. Regarding the altercation, we will continue to gather facts & cooperate with the proper authorities."

Johnson85
06-30-2015, 03:12 PM
yeah. It may not have been such a good idea for freeze to make him sound like a wife beater. This could cost the bears quite a bit in hush money.

It seems incredibly dumb. Maybe there is a complicating factor where that was basically a hail mary, but based on the information out there now, there was a very manageable situation that Freeze made more difficult by basically calling Tunsil's stepdad a wifebeater in the media. The only way I can see that not being stupid is if Freeze is convinced that Tunsil's stepdad cannot be paid-off.

AlSwearengen
06-30-2015, 03:12 PM
Well whatayaknow, info leaks out about the agents and boom, 15 minutes later Bucky releases a statement to try to calm the herd. Statement from Freezus:

"We are aware that Laremy & his family have met with potential agents, which is within his NCAA rights as a student-athlete. Regarding the altercation, we will continue to gather facts & cooperate with the proper authorities."

Damn. Didn't take long to get that statement out. Did he not mention anything about getting ahead of himself in the beginning?

shannondawg
06-30-2015, 03:21 PM
Has it been mentioned how old the sons are that belong to stepdad? I would venture to say that he is a pretty responsible person if he has custody of those sons. They were put under protective cover along with him.

turkish
06-30-2015, 06:41 PM
Was it a year ago that we found out UM was technically being investigated? Is that still going on?

Bucky Dog
06-30-2015, 08:07 PM
And if I remember correctly didn't Tunsil fly in the Taco Bell plane to the Super Bowl and meet the Blind Side just before committing to the Bears? Obviously, there is nothing improper with this student athlete!**.

MSUDawg99
06-30-2015, 08:49 PM
Was it a year ago that we found out UM was technically being investigated? Is that still going on?

Yes. Its my understanding they are still under investigation (as of last week when I was told).

TUSK
06-30-2015, 09:47 PM
I'm afraid you cats are gettin' your hopes up...

Let's assume the worst case scenario and that Tunsil physically assaulted his (step) ole man while meeting with sports agents....

Now, if this were Ohio State, Oregon, Bammer, AU, or another program that has a legit shot at competing for a championship, it "might" be a "big deal"....

As impotent and hamstrung as the NCAA is these days, I just don't see them investing the resources to crucify a program that's likely a #4 or #5 team in their own division...

Look for a lot of "confusion" and "misunderstandings", and, in an act of "contrition" by UM, a self imposed one game suspension vs the U of East-South-Central Texas at Galveston...

Todd4State
06-30-2015, 09:48 PM
And if I remember correctly didn't Tunsil fly in the Taco Bell plane to the Super Bowl and meet the Blind Side just before committing to the Bears? Obviously, there is nothing improper with this student athlete!**.

The Flying Taco.

I do remember that.

I also remember some of the recruits in that class flying a plane from Under Armour AA Game practice to the Birmingham Bowl. It was Tunsil, Treadwell, Nkemdiche. and Conner if I'm not mistaken.

Todd4State
06-30-2015, 09:50 PM

Let's assume the worst case scenario and that Tunsil physically assaulted his (step) ole man while meeting with sports agents....

Now, if this were Ohio State, Oregon, Bammer, AU, or another program that has a legit shot at competing for a championship, it "might" be a "big deal"....

As impotent and hamstrung as the NCAA is these days, I just don't see them investing the resources to crucify a program that's likely a #4 or #5 team in their own division...

Look for a lot of "confusion" and "misunderstandings", and, in an act of "contrition" by UM, a self imposed one game suspension vs the U of East-South-Central Texas at Galveston...

It's too soon to know. I'm sure the NCAA will at least look into it, but I don't know what they will do about it.

TUSK
06-30-2015, 09:55 PM
It's too soon to know. I'm sure the NCAA will at least look into it, but I don't know what they will do about it.

I agree with you, buddy... that was just my O/U....:cool:

FlabLoser
06-30-2015, 09:55 PM
The NCAA will not look at this because Ole Miss isn't turning themself in.

Todd4State
06-30-2015, 10:13 PM
The NCAA will not look at this because Ole Miss isn't turning themself in.

Did Georgia turn themselves in over AJ Green? USC over Reggie Bush?

Sometimes it depends on how public the infraction is.

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2015, 10:21 PM
They'll suspend Redmond his senior season over it.

codeDawg
06-30-2015, 10:29 PM

The NCAA isn't interested in going after the big boys. That takes too much effort to lose too much revenue. UM is actually the perfect target b/c the backlash would be minimal, but they could hammer a team who obviously overreached.

Now, is the NCAA competent to recognize sitting ducks, I don't think so. I don't think they can do anything to anyone that doesn't just roll over and beg for mercy.

BeardoMSU
06-30-2015, 10:30 PM
They'll suspend Redmond his senior season over it.

No doubt. Too bad Bracky isn't their boy; he'd likely make them all commit seppuku for such a blatant disregard of the rules.