PDA

View Full Version : 2016 SEC schedule partially released

MsStateBaseball
06-30-2015, 10:14 AM
We play at home: Arkansas, Missouri, Texas A and M, Ole Miss and Georgia.

We play away: LSU, Auburn and Alabama.

We played Tennessee and Kentucky away in 2015 so I figure we won't play them away in 2016, so we will play either Florida, South Carolina or Vanderbilt for the final two series of 2016.

LSU is in Baton Rouge April 22-24
Arkansas is home May 12-14.

FlabLoser
06-30-2015, 10:26 AM
I'm more interested to see what the non-conference scheduling is. Do we play the RPI game or not..

5 Star
06-30-2015, 10:27 AM
It's Florida and Vanderbilt.

I like this schedule. Many of those teams will be rebuilding.

berr6728
06-30-2015, 11:02 AM
the sec schedule should be out. lsu's was in baton rouge paper some 2 to 3 weeks ago.

MsStateBaseball
06-30-2015, 11:40 AM
We dropped Tenn and Kentucky and picked up Missouri and Vanderbilt. We had a soft schedule in 2015 but wouldn't know it by the way we played. But spilled milk.

I do hope this early release is because Cohen has relaxed and is giving us more information. Only time will tell about the non conf.

I expect Florida and Vanderbilt to be Top 10, TAMU not far behind. As of right now, I think we win 10-15 games. What will push us over the .500 mark is hitters breaking out and of course, the pitching staff shaping up.

5 Star
06-30-2015, 11:53 AM
We dropped Tenn and Kentucky and picked up Missouri and Vanderbilt. We had a soft schedule in 2015 but wouldn't know it by the way we played. But spilled milk.

I do hope this early release is because Cohen has relaxed and is giving us more information. Only time will tell about the non conf.

I expect Florida and Vanderbilt to be Top 10, TAMU not far behind. As of right now, I think we win 10-15 games. What will push us over the .500 mark is hitters breaking out and of course, the pitching staff shaping up.
I disagree on Vanderbilt, they lost 9 players to the MLB draft, 6 in the top 6 rounds. You don't just come back from that and still be a Top 10 team. They had their chance to repeat, now they will have to build back up to another peak in a few years. Florida, Texas A&M and LSU lose some important players but keep most of their pitching, so they will be formidable for sure. LSU loses nearly their whole lineup. Florida loses their 123 guys in the order but have plenty of pitching and reloading to handle it.

MsStateBaseball
06-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Vandy may have lost a lot but they continue to get high quality HS players. Better than most programs. They get 6-2 200 third basemen that bat left. Their young talent usually gets better and by the end of the season is ready to dominate. But we do play them in the first series. Vandy and Florida do have elite hitters that will absolutely crush it if you don't watch out.

But I know what I am talking about, we have the toughest SEC schedule. SEC West plus playing the top 2 East teams at their place.