PDA

View Full Version : Just went to College football Hall of Fame and thoroughly enjoyed it

Tbonewannabe
06-28-2015, 08:21 PM
I do have a question. Maybe I just paid more attention but there was a lot of UM stuff there. Several UM clips and Archie was one of maybe 10 people who had a video at the beginning. Peyton was one of the 4 player interviews. They had a coaching tree of Bear Bryant and didn't mention JWS but had Croom. Kind of weird. It wasn't just the lack of MSU but also very little Auburn or TA&M. Several bigger schools weren't represented very well.

Has anyone else noticed it? Do they change the exhibits?

Did Archie have some input setting it up?

FlabLoser
06-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Says here Archie is the chairman.
http://m.olemisssports.com/m/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121207aab.html

Archie does not belong in any kind of college football top 10 anything. He was good but so were a whole lot of other people.

Liverpooldawg
06-28-2015, 09:03 PM
I was kind of surprised at the amount of MSU stuff there given that we only have two members who are there because of what he did here.

Tbonewannabe
06-28-2015, 09:42 PM
Other than the touch screen that you can set with your school, there wasn't much MSU stuff. We did have one of the big picture in the tailgate section. Emory Bellard had a write up about the wishbone. Croom was listed on a display about Bear Bryant coaching tree but left off Jackie Sherrill.

Jackie Parker and DD Lewis are the only players and Allyn McKeen, Darryl Royal, and an assistant coach were the only coaches with MSU ties.

It just stuck out to me about UM. They had a stadium thing with about 10 stadiums and UM was one. They had a display in the tailgate section about how Yale started tailgating but UM in the grove was where modern day tailgating started.
There was a 10 minute movie with clips from maybe 15 schools and sure enough has UM several times.

It just seemed weird to me. Other than Bama, Michigan, or Texas, UM had as much or more there. Just didn't know if they periodically change it or I just noticed it more. I tried to pay attention to SEC schools.

Liverpooldawg
06-29-2015, 11:44 AM
There is a cowbell there. There is a display on the Egg Bowl that features both. If you used you pass properly there was quite a bit of MSU stuff.

Tbonewannabe
06-29-2015, 12:16 PM
I didn't see anything on the Egg Bowl. Was it in the Rivalry section? I missed the cowbell also. Do they possibly change it up? This was the last day of our vacation so I could have missed it. I will definitely go back.