PDA

View Full Version : Latest Big Softie rumor...(stolen from SEC Rant)

Coach34
06-28-2015, 03:38 PM
rumor is that this isnt Big Softie's 1st time in all this. In HS, he was charged with assault on another one of his Mother's b/fs- claiming the guy was hurting his Momma. Again- this is just a rumor taken from the SECR.

Gonna be an interesting 48 hours

Jacksondevildog
06-28-2015, 03:56 PM
Probably true, but nothing will come of this. They have a picture of Kimchee hitting a bong in 1080p and nothing happened.

Rayburn8
06-28-2015, 03:59 PM
I talked with someone today in Oxford that would know.

His step-dad threatened his Mother, Tunsil beat the shit out of his step-dad.
That is the story, that is the truth.

Homedawg
06-28-2015, 04:05 PM

Well that does it then......

Pinto
06-28-2015, 04:10 PM
Threatened or put hands on her? Two totally different things.

Coach34
06-28-2015, 04:19 PM
I dont think anything big is going to come of it- but it's just the latest in a long line of crap out of that shit town. Most interesting thing of it all is that she has a house in Oxford

starkvegasdawg
06-28-2015, 04:19 PM
So why did he flee the scene like his ass was on fire and his hair catching?

starkvegasdawg
06-28-2015, 04:20 PM
Oh, and does this get added to the timeline?

Harrydawg
06-28-2015, 06:38 PM

Sound like assault to me........

ScottH
06-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Most interesting thing of it all is that she has a house in Oxford

Of additional interest would be who owns the house. Her, another person or a corp.

5 Star
06-28-2015, 09:06 PM
I dont think anything big is going to come of it- but it's just the latest in a long line of crap out of that shit town. Most interesting thing of it all is that she has a house in Oxford
Agreed, and no one is talking about it in the media. No matter what anyone says it's not routine for football players to move their family to their college towns.

hells bells
06-28-2015, 09:15 PM

C34, this is where the rubber meets the road in regards to this matter. Why is his family living in Oxford? Now, how many more players have their families as well living in Oxford? The media for what it is worth needs to peel this onion.

hells bells
06-28-2015, 09:17 PM
Dead on 5 star.

Tripp McNeely
06-28-2015, 09:41 PM
Talty...you no longer have in-state pressure to ignore stories like this! In fact, in this case, it's the absolute opposite! The folks in your current state are begging for you to do some investigative journalism! The softball has been lobbed your way...dig!!!

Garry Parrish made a career out of a very similar story...get on it!!

hells bells
06-28-2015, 09:50 PM
Damn straight Tripp. The gift has been given. Let's rip them a new asshole. With it.

7dawg
06-29-2015, 05:54 AM
It would be interesting to know if Mom still owns said house in Florida too. Shouldn't be hard for a journalist to find out.

FISHDAWG
06-29-2015, 08:18 AM
It would be interesting to know if Mom still owns said house in Florida too. Shouldn't be hard for a journalist to find out.

it would also be interesting to know if there are other player families that now reside there

Jack Lambert
06-29-2015, 08:41 AM
Of additional interest would be who owns the house. Her, another person or a corp.

Ole Miss finding jobs for the RN father should have raised flags.

Saltydog
06-29-2015, 08:57 AM
whose Mother moved there and found "gainful" employment.

maroonmania
06-29-2015, 09:25 AM
Ole Miss finding jobs for the RN father should have raised flags.

OM can do pretty much whatever they want and the NCAA will not even be a factor. When I think of all the smoke around that program on many, MANY details surrounding their recruits with no consequences since the Brewer days I've come to accept they can operate "the network" without concern. Heck, we've been through 2 or 3 probations on ticky-tack who cares type crap since their last dealings with the NCAA. They are teflon, just go ahead and accept it. We would be more teflon ourselves if we operated our compliance like they do rather than the Bracky-Brett-tell-all type method.

spiritual_machine2005
06-29-2015, 10:51 AM
Isn't the police report coming out today? What's the holdup?

starkvegasdawg
06-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Isn't the police report coming out today? What's the holdup?

Last minute edits. TSUN's lawyers haven't finished proofing it yet.

TheRef
06-29-2015, 11:13 AM
He's only being charged with a misdemeanor.

deltadawg99
06-29-2015, 11:45 AM
Nothing will come of this and the OM PR machine will spin it to make Tunsil look like a hero no matter what the true story is.

The only thing that could halfway get interesting is if somebody in the media started doing some digging as to the circumstances of mama moving to Oxford from FL. Where is she working, who is paying the rent or mortgage etc.

BUT we all know that won't happen either. They are lucky that Veazey isn't around because he's the only one that would do that.

CohenSidedWithGreatness
06-29-2015, 12:17 PM
I don't know much about how this sort of thing works but if the local police don't do anything which is what we're expecting, any chances the State or Feds could get involved since I'm sure the stepdad lives in Florida and Tunsil lives in Mississippi so there could possibly be multiple jurisdictions here?

Coach34
06-29-2015, 12:24 PM
Stepdad was living in Oxford also enjoying the gravy train

messageboardsuperhero
06-29-2015, 01:36 PM
No way in hell anything comes of this. Remember, this is UM's all-american LT we're talking about- he would have to be caught standing over a warm body with a smoking gun to get into any kind of trouble that would cost him snaps in an SEC game. MAYBE Freeze will sit Tunsil for a half in their first non-conference game but that's it.

These are the same people who recruited a QB who got kicked out of a school for fighting with a coach at the ****ing spring scrimmage game. Then after signing said QB, he gets kicked out of a night club for fighting with a bouncer and threatens to shoot up the place with an AK-47... That was just six months ago. Now after some guidance from the Rev. Freeze and one highly publicized mission trip to Haiti- Chad Kelly is a "changed man" and Freeze comes out smelling like roses.

These are the same people who will do nothing to Trae Elston and the other player who got caught on camera fighting outside of a bar in Oxford. Just issue a nice apology saying Rev. Freeze has "shown you the light" or some bullshit and everything will be a-okay.

These are the same people who looked the other way when 20 members of their 2013 signing class yelled homophobic slurs at a school play. They brought in the super awesome bias response team to give the players a slap on the wrist.

ETA: And let me be abundantly clear- if Tunsil's side of the story is true, then the step dad got exactly what was coming to him and I don't blame Tunsil one bit. I just have a hard time blindly believing Freeze/Tunsil's story after all the shit I've seen/heard living in Oxford the past few years...