PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo, here's what we know about the Big Softie situation...

Coach34
06-27-2015, 09:13 PM
1. Big Softie beats up stepdad
2. Big Softie steals stepdad's car- makes like a tree and leaves
3. Stepdad asked for a restraining order for him and his 2 kids- granted
4. Big Softie arrested

Odd that the Stepdad is getting all this considering he was supposed to be the instigator. "Win the Spin"

confucius say
06-27-2015, 09:29 PM
4. Big Softie arrested

Odd that the Stepdad is getting all this considering he was supposed to be the instigator. "Win the Spin"

We've heard mississippi's side of the story (freeze says proud of laremy) and stepdads side (tunsil started it and had nothing to do with stepdad hitting mom). My question is what does mom have to say? What about any other witnesses? The stepdads two kids? Police report? Photos of stepdad? Do your job Media and homer journalists and dig out the details.

Oxfordawg
06-27-2015, 09:32 PM
4. Big Softie arrested

Wish someone could photo shop a officer in Freezes famous fish pic

BossDawg
06-27-2015, 09:38 PM
Well, you can put money on Freeze's word. The man has never lied and is one of the most admirable men to have ever graced the hallowed city of Oxford, MS. Just ask any UMiss fan.

confucius say
06-27-2015, 09:50 PM
I'm fine with letting all the facts come out before any discipline, but it's pr101 not to say you are proud of someone's actions when you admittedly don't have the facts in a he said-he said situation. Especially when the guy you are proud of is the only one to have been arrested (and before anyone brings up the issue that the stepdad possibly has not been arrested bc the mom has not pressed charges, whereas the stepdad has pressed charges resulting in tunsils arrest, there does not have to be a complainant in a domestic abuse case for an arrest to be made).

Howboutdemdogs
06-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Wash, Rinse, Spin, Repeat.

SDDawg
06-27-2015, 09:58 PM
Mom will follow the $$$.

Tripp McNeely
06-27-2015, 10:09 PM
The whole IMG Academy theory is starting to make more and more sense

Todd4State
06-27-2015, 10:18 PM
The whole IMG Academy theory is starting to make more and more sense

Come again?

I though the IMG Academy rumor involved only Treadwell and came about because of Freeze being more concerned at the hospital about when Treadwell would come back rather than his well being- which upset his Mother. Until she received some more money to smooth things over.

FlabLoser
06-27-2015, 10:20 PM
Wellbeing...Freeze played Tunsil on a gimpy knee his freshman year. Always had doubts about that situation.

gravedigger
06-27-2015, 10:56 PM
4. Big Softie arrested

My initial response is this:

Those "knowns" dont sound plausible together if he was defending his mom, so i tend to think we dont have anything resembling the truth yet. So coming to a conclusion only makes us look like fools

Tripp McNeely
06-27-2015, 11:01 PM
My initial responsr is this:

Those "knowns" dont sound plausible together if he was defending his mom so i tend to think we dont have anything hing resembling the truth yet. So coming to a conclusion only makes us look like fools

Doesn't somebody have to press charges for an arrest to occur in this type of situation?? Seems very odd that stepdad would press charges had he actually pushed mama Tunsil...as alleged

messageboardsuperhero
06-27-2015, 11:04 PM
UM lawyers will be lining up to defend him to make sure Tunsil does not miss a down.

You have to hand it to UM- Freeze got out in front of it and made the narrative about the stepdad being the bad guy. Speak before anyone else and you control the initial message. So regardless of whether Tunsil was in the right or the wrong (I really have no clue), everyone in America will think he's a saint.

Pollodawg
06-27-2015, 11:04 PM
I don't think you have to press charges in a domestic assault case for the police to take someone to jail.

And to the OM fans reading this thread and whining, you know you'd be doing the exact same thing if it were one of our boys. STFU and grow a set. Click and ad by the way.

messageboardsuperhero
06-27-2015, 11:08 PM
I don't think you have to press charges in a domestic assault case for the police to take someone to jail.

And to the OM fans reading this thread and whining, you know you'd be doing the exact same thing if it were one of our boys. STFU and grow a set. Click and ad by the way.

Whining about what? Just because they blindly chose to believe one side of the story doesn't mean others aren't allowed to be skeptical.

This same group had no issue being skeptical when Dak and co. got jumped a few months ago... Just saying.

Tripp McNeely
06-27-2015, 11:08 PM
Come again?

I though the IMG Academy rumor involved only Treadwell and came about because of Freeze being more concerned at the hospital about when Treadwell would come back rather than his well being- which upset his Mother. Until she received some more money to smooth things over.

I was kidding (for the most part). Wasn't their a wacky theory that he and/or Treadwell were gonna skip their senior years and train at IMG a month or so back?

Todd4State
06-27-2015, 11:37 PM
I was kidding (for the most part). Wasn't their a wacky theory that he and/or Treadwell were gonna skip their senior years and train at IMG a month or so back?

There was a rumor about Treadwell, but I don't think Tunsil was part of it.

Actually the rumor surfaced after the Auburn/OM game when Treadwell was injured- and it may very well have been legit until things were smoothed over with Treadwell's Mom.

Todd4State
06-27-2015, 11:40 PM
Whining about what? Just because they blindly chose to believe one side of the story doesn't mean others aren't allowed to be skeptical.

This same group had no issue being skeptical when Dak and co. got jumped a few months ago... Just saying.

To be fair, it was made known pretty quickly and legitimately that Dak was attacked. There was actual video evidence that same day showing what happened- along with the fact that the thugs bragged about attacking Dak on twitter and then the same thugs attacking another group of men that same week.

This situation is Tunsil was protecting his Mom- oh wait, now the stepfather is saying Tunsil instigated it.

Todd4State
06-27-2015, 11:41 PM
UM lawyers will be lining up to defend him to make sure Tunsil does not miss a down.

You have to hand it to UM- Freeze got out in front of it and made the narrative about the stepdad being the bad guy. Speak before anyone else and you control the initial message. So regardless of whether Tunsil was in the right or the wrong (I really have no clue), everyone in America will think he's a saint.

No way Tunsil misses a down- he might be suspended for the spring game after he declares for the NFL draft though.**

Jack Lambert
06-28-2015, 12:13 AM
It will probably be better for Ole Miss if the guy gets suspended. This way the second team guy will be ready to play when tunsil fakes a injury later in the season.

Really at this point does Tunsil need ole miss?

TUSK
06-28-2015, 12:25 AM
If Tunsil truly is "soft" and/or smart; he'll suspend himself for quarters 9-12 of the upcoming season...

messageboardsuperhero
06-28-2015, 12:26 AM
Here's what I just cannot wrap my mind around...

So Tunsil claims his stepdad assaulted his mom and he just jumped in to protect her? Okay, fine. If that's true then good for him... But then he turns around and runs off, stealing his stepdad's car- and in the process, leaves his mom alone in THE SAME HOUSE as the guy who allegedly assaulted her? Am I getting that right, or did he and his mom both steal the car and leave the scene? If he did leave his mom at the house, then that shit does not add up one bit.

Todd4State
06-28-2015, 12:45 AM
It will probably be better for Ole Miss if the guy gets suspended. This way the second team guy will be ready to play when tunsil fakes a injury later in the season.

Really at this point does Tunsil need ole miss?

To a degree yes- especially if he really is in trouble. But no doubt Ole Miss needs Tunsil more than Tunsil needs Ole Miss.

Todd4State
06-28-2015, 12:47 AM

So Tunsil claims his stepdad assaulted his mom and he just jumped in to protect her? Okay, fine. If that's true then good for him... But then he turns around and runs off, stealing his stepdad's car- and in the process, leaves his mom alone in THE SAME HOUSE as the guy who allegedly assaulted her? Am I getting that right, or did he and his mom both steal the car and leave the scene? If he did leave his mom at the house, then that shit does not add up one bit.

Of course it doesn't add up. Everything that they do is so transparently obvious.

They're the Spinal Tap of college football.

dawgs
06-28-2015, 01:38 AM

Regarding the car thing, IMO it could easily be a family car that's registered under his stepdad's name. And he just wanted to get out of there. Hell, it could've been tunsil's car his mom and stepdad bought him and have in their name. I don't think he "stole" it.

I think the biggest red flag is that his stepdad hasn't been arrested. If he assaulted tunsil's mom, then he'd be arrested too. Something there isn't adding up.

Dawgface
06-28-2015, 07:03 AM
It will never add up. Mrs Tunsil will receive a nice briefcase full of cash to remain quite and not tell the story.

I seen it dawg
06-28-2015, 07:20 AM
Well he probably didn't "steal" the car. It was really his for him signing at OM as part of the 5 star package I would think. Therefore not stealing.

missouridawg
06-28-2015, 07:26 AM
I can't believe people didn't pick up on this quicker.

The car is Tunsils. It's just in step daddy's name through the recruiting network.

msstate7
06-28-2015, 07:32 AM
I can't believe people didn't pick up on this quicker.

The car is Tunsils. It's just in step daddy's name through the recruiting network.

If it's in stepdad's name, then it's stepdad's. Maybe stepdad will come out and tell the story about how he attained it

starkvegasdawg
06-28-2015, 07:48 AM
This has the potential to get very bad for BS. In most things they could just pay daddy off and he'd shut his mouth. But not with domestic violence. If he admits he touched his mom then he goes to jail regardless of if they want to file charges. And with the deserved stigma and all the attention on domestic violence now, would a suitcase full of cash be worth it to him to take the fall?

messageboardsuperhero
06-28-2015, 08:03 AM
Regardless of whose name the car is in- how do you leave your mom in the same house with the man who just assaulted her? Especially right after you just got done defending her? That's what does not make sense to me and makes me think the mother was not involved in this.

starkvegasdawg
06-28-2015, 08:05 AM
I just want Bucky to finally be exposed for the lying hypocritical snake in the grass he is. He's instigated more cover ups and lies than the CIA. This is just the latest when he tweeted out how proud he is of BS.

Bucky Dog
06-28-2015, 08:49 AM
Wait, so he left his mama's house in Oxford? I thought they were from Georgia! She and her new husband must have been able to get really nice jobs in Oxford to be close to her son***

shannondawg
06-28-2015, 09:26 AM
All the headlines I have seen: "Tunsil arrested for defending his mama" , that tells me all I need to know about this case.

Neither step dad or mama going to risk losing their new house when he signs his NFL contract. If step dad does persist , his ass will be out in the street.

EAVdog
06-28-2015, 09:29 AM
Family is from Florida, they just loved Oxford so much they all moved and got new jobs. I'm sure completely on their own, to think otherwise would be over the line, right.

shannondawg
06-28-2015, 09:30 AM
Next headlines will be Officers suspended without pay for falsely arresting Laremy for defending his Mama.

Johnson85
06-28-2015, 10:12 AM
This is just the latest when he tweeted out how proud he is of BS.

Freezes better be thinking this through. If Tunsil's step dad didn't hit Tunsil's mom, freeze is probably at risk of a defamation suit. And if Tunsil's stepdad didn't hit his mom, freeze is a piece of shot and deserves to lose millions. I'd hope even he wouldn't falsely malign somebody like that.

ShotgunDawg
06-28-2015, 11:09 AM
Reading around on Bafoom this morning & disturbed about how stupid & naive those people are. They don't question one piece of the testimony, which obviously has holes & unanswered questions in it, for anyone with a brain.

Just curious, are we this naive about our own situation or when our own players get in trouble?

It sure doesn't seem that way, and, if we are, then I'm embarrassed for ever being that blind to reality.

dawgs
06-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Freezes better be thinking this through. If Tunsil's step dad didn't hit Tunsil's mom, freeze is probably at risk of a defamation suit. And if Tunsil's stepdad didn't hit his mom, freeze is a piece of shot and deserves to lose millions. I'd hope even he wouldn't falsely malign somebody like that.

Meh, it'd take a lot for him to get hit with a defamation suit. He'd have an easy defense - he's just repeating tunsil's story that he reasonably believed to be true.

mstatefan91
06-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Meh, it'd take a lot for him to get hit with a defamation suit. He'd have an easy defense - he's just repeating tunsil's story that he reasonably believed to be true.

Yep, and he never said the step dad's name or even made mention of that particular part. He just said that he believes that Tunsil was defending his momma like Tunsil said.

Then he went on to say that they are still gathering facts... Just a really weird way to go about it. Most coach's just go with the company line of "we are still gathering facts and will make a decision at such time."

Johnson85
06-28-2015, 11:52 AM

Pretty sure that's not a valid defense.

Johnson85
06-28-2015, 11:56 AM
Yep, and he never said the step dad's name or even made mention of that particular part. He just said that he believes that Tunsil was defending his momma like Tunsil said.

Doesn't have to. If a person would reasonably know who he was talking about and reasonably infer that he was saying Tunsil's stepdad was hitting his mom, he can be liable. And judging by how quickly everybody put two and two together, that wouldn't be hard to show. He could even be liable if he intended to imply another set of facts, but people Reasonably infer he was saying the Tunsil's stepdad was hitting his mom.

dawgs
06-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Pretty sure that's not a valid defense.

Actually reasonably believing what you are saying to be true is a defense. Otherwise there'd be defamation lawsuits everywhere. Just like stating actual truth is a defense to defamation and stating an opinion is a defense to defamation.

PMDawg
06-28-2015, 12:48 PM
My initial responsr is this:

Those "knowns" dont sound plausible together if he was defending his mom so i tend to think we dont have anything hing resembling the truth yet. So coming to a conclusion only makes us look like fools

Thank you

blacklistedbully
06-28-2015, 01:11 PM
Where is the info coming from that he left his mom there with the stepdad. I've not seen any source mentioning this.

confucius say
06-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Actually reasonably believing what you are saying to be true is a defense. Otherwise there'd be defamation lawsuits everywhere. Just like stating actual truth is a defense to defamation and stating an opinion is a defense to defamation.

Uh, no, that's not the law. At least not as you are interpreting "reasonably believe." Scotus has said, at least when you are putting info in a newspaper, just taking another's word for it and blindly repeating it without looking into it yourself, does not equate to reasonable belief.

dawgs
06-28-2015, 03:40 PM
Uh, no, that's not the law. At least not as you are interpreting "reasonably believe." Scotus has said, at least when you are putting info in a newspaper, just taking another's word for it and blindly repeating it without looking into it yourself, does not equate to reasonable belief.

http://kellywarnerlaw.com/mississippi-defamation-laws/

The plaintiff has to prove that the statements were made to a third party without the plaintiff?s consent, and that the defendant acted with malice and negligence when communicating such statements to a third party.

I think it'd be pretty difficult to prove malice and/or negligence in this situation. Now if they could find proof of freeze orchestrating the whole story, then maybe they could get somewhere, but if freeze claims he spoke with tunsil, the family, and the cops and that tunsil was defending his mother, that's a pretty good case for reasonably believing it was the truth, and there's not much that can be done even if the story turns out to be false. Even if we all think freeze is full of shit and knew the whole story from the beginning, there'd have to be proof.

MSUDawg99
06-28-2015, 06:15 PM
In response to some posters who have mentioned mom not pressing charges, I've seen a couple diff articles posted on Twitter that say both Tunsil & his mom have pressed charges against stepdad.

confucius say
06-28-2015, 06:47 PM
http://kellywarnerlaw.com/mississippi-defamation-laws/

The plaintiff has to prove that the statements were made to a third party without the plaintiff?s consent, and that the defendant acted with malice and negligence when communicating such statements to a third party.

I think it'd be pretty difficult to prove malice and/or negligence in this situation. Now if they could find proof of freeze orchestrating the whole story, then maybe they could get somewhere, but if freeze claims he spoke with tunsil, the family, and the cops and that tunsil was defending his mother, that's a pretty good case for reasonably believing it was the truth, and there's not much that can be done even if the story turns out to be false. Even if we all think freeze is full of shit and knew the whole story from the beginning, there'd have to be proof.

Absolutely false. No proof of malice is necessary. Stepdad is not a public figure. Freeze has not defamed anyone in my opinion, but not bc of your analysis.