PDA

View Full Version : ESPN confirms- Tunsil arrested

Coach34
06-27-2015, 03:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13159375/ole-miss-tackle-laremy-tunsil-arrested-domestic-violence-punching-stepfather

VandelayIndustries
06-27-2015, 03:39 PM
Can't say I blame him if that story is true

Coach34
06-27-2015, 03:42 PM
Well, the step-father hasnt been arrested- Tunsil has. That is all we know for sure at this point.

Entodawg
06-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Maybe his stepdad will vengefully go public with some pay for play details

mstatefan91
06-27-2015, 03:48 PM
I can't blame someone for defending his mother. If that's the truth, then the step father is probably lucky that he didn't get worse.

RealHastings
06-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Can't say this surprises me one bit. It's not a question of who got arrested, it's a question of who's next.

msstate7
06-27-2015, 03:59 PM
if that story is true

A "source" and freeze are quoted. Why would the source wanna be unnamed?

GreenheadDawg
06-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Freeze just makes me cringe. The story may be true but the guy is just a snake

Aces High
06-27-2015, 04:05 PM
Good for tunsil. Everyone would do the same. You are sorry if you wouldnt.

Pinto
06-27-2015, 04:07 PM
CL is going to make the Rebs angry for not using the party line and drinking the kool-aid.

OXFORD -- Ole Miss All-American left tackle Laremy Tunsil was arrested Thursday night in Oxford on charges of domestic violence against his stepfather, Rebels coach Hugh Freeze confirmed on Saturday.

Tunsil turned himself into authorities, Freeze said, after he allegedly defended his mother, Desiree Tunsil, against his stepfather, Lindsey Miller.

Freeze said that Tunsil and his mother have pressed charges against Miller. An Oxford Police Department spokesperson could not confirm if the Tunsils have indeed filed charges.

"Laremy realizes he could have handled it differently," Freeze said in a statement. "I am proud for him standing up to his mother and protecting his family."

An Oxford Police Department spokesperson said Tunsil's arrest report would not be made available until Monday.

According to a report from ESPN, Tunsil was at his mother's home when the incident occurred. Miller shoved Tunsil's mom, and in response Tunsil punched his stepfather, a source told Brett McMurphy.

"As we gather more facts, we will act and make decision accordingly," Freeze said.

The 6-foot-5, 305-pound junior was an All-SEC selection last season and has been tabbed a preseason All-American by a host of media outlets this summer.

ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper Jr. projected Tunsil being the second overall in his first "big board" for the 2016 NFL draft.

More coming soon.

msstate7
06-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Good for tunsil. Everyone would do the same. You are sorry if you wouldnt.

If true, yeah.

If the stepdad pushed his mom and cops were called, wouldn't stepdad and tunsil be arrested for domestic violence?

AlSwearengen
06-27-2015, 04:10 PM
So, the whole damn family upped and moved to Oxford?

Coach34
06-27-2015, 04:13 PM
If true, yeah.

If the stepdad pushed his mom and cops were called, wouldn't stepdad and tunsil be arrested for domestic violence?

This is my point- I'd say let it play out 1st. Tunsil was arrested- the stepdad wasnt. We'll see what happens next week.

messageboardsuperhero
06-27-2015, 04:14 PM

That was my first reaction... I'm sure that was all on the up-and-up. Nothing shady about that.**

Coach34
06-27-2015, 04:14 PM

Apparently so.

DCdawg
06-27-2015, 04:15 PM

This was my first thought. What middle class family can just do that?

MSUDawg4Life
06-27-2015, 04:15 PM
The bottom line is he won't miss any playing time.

Nothing to see here.

msstate7
06-27-2015, 04:18 PM
The bottom line is he won't miss any playing time.

Nothing to see here.

I would rather stepdad come out and tell the press some dirty laundry. That would be awesome

jalakin
06-27-2015, 04:19 PM
It says he turned himself in to the police department. Doesn't sound like the police came to the residence. We will see Monday.

MetEdDawg
06-27-2015, 04:31 PM
But even in an alleged domestic dispute, would they not at least take the man in for questioning after the incident? I can't imagine they would let a man stay in the house of the woman he was to have supposedly shoved, even if it was after the event had taken place and there was no police witness.

To me this stinks a lot. I would bet a lot of money that these "pressed charges" never come to fruition. There is only one way this plays out, especially with it being in Oxford. The pressed charges go away, Laremy will be said to have turned himself in because he wanted to diffuse the situation and do the "right" thing because he knew he responded improperly. He gets labeled a hero for defending his mother, he serves no in game punishment and no one questions how it played out. Then everyone gets a big pay day next year and it's like it never even happened.

Having said all of that, I would like to make this one disclaimer. If this was on the up and up and it DID play out like was said, good for him. Too bad he didn't send the stepfather to hospital for that crap.

MetEdDawg
06-27-2015, 04:31 PM
But even in an alleged domestic dispute, would they not at least take the man in for questioning after the incident? I can't imagine they would let a man stay in the house of the woman he was to have supposedly shoved, even if it was after the event had taken place and there was no police witness.

To me this stinks a lot. I would bet a lot of money that these "pressed charges" never come to fruition. There is only one way this plays out, especially with it being in Oxford. The pressed charges go away, Laremy will be said to have turned himself in because he wanted to diffuse the situation and do the "right" thing because he knew he responded improperly. He gets labeled a hero for defending his mother, he serves no in game punishment and no one questions how it played out. Then everyone gets a big pay day next year and it's like it never even happened.

Having said all of that, I would like to make this one disclaimer. If this was on the up and up and it DID play out like was said, good for him. Too bad he didn't send the stepfather to hospital for that crap.

Aquadawg
06-27-2015, 05:04 PM
CL is going to make the Rebs angry for not using the party line and drinking the kool-aid.

OXFORD -- Ole Miss All-American left tackle Laremy Tunsil was arrested Thursday night in Oxford on charges of domestic violence against his stepfather, Rebels coach Hugh Freeze confirmed on Saturday.

Tunsil turned himself into authorities, Freeze said, after he allegedly defended his mother, Desiree Tunsil, against his stepfather, Lindsey Miller.

Freeze said that Tunsil and his mother have pressed charges against Miller. An Oxford Police Department spokesperson could not confirm if the Tunsils have indeed filed charges.

"Laremy realizes he could have handled it differently," Freeze said in a statement. "I am proud for him standing up to his mother and protecting his family."

An Oxford Police Department spokesperson said Tunsil's arrest report would not be made available until Monday.

According to a report from ESPN, Tunsil was at his mother's home when the incident occurred. Miller shoved Tunsil's mom, and in response Tunsil punched his stepfather, a source told Brett McMurphy.

"As we gather more facts, we will act and make decision accordingly," Freeze said.

The 6-foot-5, 305-pound junior was an All-SEC selection last season and has been tabbed a preseason All-American by a host of media outlets this summer.

ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper Jr. projected Tunsil being the second overall in his first "big board" for the 2016 NFL draft.

More coming soon.

I though Tunsil was from Flordia. This article said this happened at mrs Tunsil home in Oxford. Why did it take two days to come out?

msstate7
06-27-2015, 05:06 PM
I though Tunsil was from Flordia. This article said this happened at mrs Tunsil home in Oxford. Why did it take two days to come out?

Took 2 days to see stepdad wasn't dropping charges. Had to release a story to smear stepdad...and no, I have no idea if any of what I said is true

Percho
06-27-2015, 05:19 PM

Wonder if anyone has a job and if so, where?

Martianlander
06-27-2015, 05:27 PM
Wonder if anyone has a job and if so, where?

I believe his mother is assistant to the college VP in charge of co-ordinating benefits for all left handed tuba players.

I seen it dawg
06-27-2015, 05:54 PM
Creating a hero to cover up for some other arrests that haven't come to light maybe....

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2015, 06:16 PM
I thought Tunsil was from Florida? Why or how does the entire family have a house in Oxford?

Does she now have a job there? I'm curious as to what percentage of the Ole Miss team's good player's families live in Oxford?

We know that Epps mom got a job, Shea Patterson's brother now works there, Tunsil's family apparently moved there. I wonder who else?

We should tell homeless people from all over to move to Oxford because apparently that's where all the job opportunities are. Amazing at how quickly people find jobs there....

Liverpooldawg
06-27-2015, 06:17 PM
When did his family move to Mississippi? He had no connection whatsoever to Mississippi when he was being recruited. THAT is more interesting than the arrest.

starkvegasdawg
06-27-2015, 06:34 PM
The ex has told the clarion ledger that big softie started the fight.

SDDawg
06-27-2015, 06:36 PM
When did his family move to Mississippi? He had no connection whatsoever to Mississippi when he was being recruited. THAT is more interesting than the arrest.

Ole Miss "showed him some things", y'all already forgot eh?! LOL

Coach34
06-27-2015, 07:17 PM
Now there is more leaking out. Rumor that Tunsil stole his car after hitting him. I think Freezus is trying to "win the spin"

BossDawg
06-27-2015, 07:33 PM

Of course they did. Wouldn't you move to Utopia, too, if you were given the chance? It's all on the up-and-up, they just love Oxford, Freeze and UMiss that much. Nothing to see here, move along.

ETA: ***

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2015, 07:35 PM
Now there is more leaking out. Rumor that Tunsil stole his car after hitting him. I think Freezus is trying to "win the spin"

Why would Tunsil need to steal a car when I'm sure Ole Miss bought him a "Humma"?

I seen it dawg
06-27-2015, 07:51 PM
Freezus so proud

msstate7
06-27-2015, 07:53 PM

Would hitting someone and taking their car qualify as strong arm robbery?

starkvegasdawg
06-27-2015, 08:26 PM
Hugh better be glad the ex didn't fight back. Every time he gets challenged he gets "hurt" and has to miss a couple weeks.

Jack Lambert
06-27-2015, 08:36 PM
He's lucky he didn't break his hand or something that big *****.

Todd4State
06-27-2015, 08:40 PM
He's lucky he didn't break his hand or something that big *****.

Or chip a fingernail.

Pinto
06-27-2015, 08:41 PM
Win the Spin

Todd4State
06-27-2015, 08:46 PM
Of course they did. Wouldn't you move to Utopia, too, if you were given the chance? It's all on the up-and-up, they just love Oxford, Freeze and UMiss that much. Nothing to see here, move along.

ETA: ***

Not to mention it's a lot easier to cover up things in Oxford than it is anywhere else for them. Heck, they've had two of their baseball commits move to Oxford the past two years as well. And then there were the rumors of Shea Patterson moving to Oxford and playing this year for Lafayette Co.

It makes sense to me- it's easier to mobilize their operation if it's on a local level. Even outside of that- you look at the Nkemdiche to UMC rumors that got squashed even with their UMC connections. A lot fewer State fans to question things in Oxford and little media presence there other than their own.

confucius say
06-27-2015, 09:16 PM

More coming soon.

The article that is currently on cl says the stepdad claims he never pushed tunsils mom, that tunsil instigated the whole thing, and there is a restraining order in place against tunsil protecting the stepdad and the stepdads two sons. Stay tuned.