PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Coast charters

Uncle Ruckus
06-27-2015, 10:46 AM
Doing a bachelor party at the end of July and the plan is do an off shore charter somewhere off of the coast. There could be anywhere from 6-10 of us. I do plenty of inshore fishing so I'd really prefer offshore. Anyone have any good recommendations?

BeastMan
06-28-2015, 03:09 PM
I've heard good things about Whipasnappa. Most folks I know that do the offshore charters go either east Mobile or West to Fouchon. I know you're knowledgable about fishing so I'd assume that's not an option for yall.

Uncle Ruckus
06-29-2015, 11:38 PM
I fish out of Mobile a few times a year and use to have a camp in Empire growing up, both are far superior to the MS coast. Travel, lodging, work and expenses are what's keeping me wanting to go away from MS. I'm not having to pay for it so I'm wanting to keep it as cheap on my guys as possible. My soon to be cousin in law is the owner of the New Orleans coastal angler so he's working on something for us but it may not be feasible. I'd be fine with an inshore trip but I don't know too many bay boats that can hold upwards of 10 people. I will give the charter you mentioned a shout when I get back stateside.

BeastMan
06-30-2015, 07:49 AM
Ya with 10 inshore you'd probably need 3 boats. Shore Thing runs like 8 boats do they could do it but they stay pretty booked. Now that I look at Whipasnappa it's not a huge boat and not sure they'd can do 10. a quick google search says captain Ron charters out of Biloxi has a 50 foot boat and he has good prices. Don't know about him though

FISHDAWG
06-30-2015, 07:56 AM
if he does that, then he could do the mother-ship thing out at Chandeluer where they anchor then launch several small boats during an overnighter ....... I think he has it figured right though, wanting to go offshore, just do it out of Pensacola, Destin, or Orange Beach ...... or Venice

Johnson85
06-30-2015, 09:09 AM
if he does that, then he could do the mother-ship thing out at Chandeluer where they anchor then launch several small boats during an overnighter ....... I think he has it figured right though, wanting to go offshore, just do it out of Pensacola, Destin, or Orange Beach ...... or Venice

If you have ten, the Chandeluer boats would probably be a good thing. You have to go so far out to do deep sea fishing off the coast, to have a boat that can comfortably ride 10 plus the captain and deck hand is going to limit you, and even then you're not really going to be able to fish 10. You can do Southern Charters and get to hang out on the way out to the marsh, stay over night if you want to, and then you can fish two to a boat.

Another option would be to use Shore Thing Charters and stay at their lodge on Cat Island. You won't all be able to fish together, but you'll have an awesome place to hangout. Sounds like that might not work with your price concerns though.