PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Ana Maria Island off of Tampa, FL info requested

Bully13
06-26-2015, 09:24 PM
I'm sorry for not posting the BS thread but I was afraid I would not get timely replies.

I just found out my wife, son and I were invited to week long stay at a friend's home because they inherited the home because their mom passed. (yes, I married up) ...

so before they sell the home, they are throwing a massive one month party before doing so.

I could never on my income afford anything as nice as what I've googled and seen so far. I am very luck to the invite that I've received.

so we will be living rent free on what appears to be a tropical paradise for a week.

the question I have is regarding capturing and bringing home fresh seafood from the gulf at a reasonable price.

I've googled and found that you basically have to spend $200 per fisherman and that includes bringing in a shitload of fish that the 1st mate prepares for you.

I remember from 15 yrs or so or back at destin, that was about $100....

maybe I should forgo the fishing expedition and just find a place to buy some fresh caught fish?

my main goal is to have a bunch of fresh caught fish that I can cook up an live on for a week

I would love to catch them myself, but at age 52, I would not mind someone else catching them and me buying them then cooking and eating them... that includes making good ceveche...for those that don't know that that is..

happy Friday and GO DOGS!!!

RossDawg82
06-28-2015, 08:57 AM
PM me. I'm from there and I can give you the number of one of the best charter fisherman in that area.

msstate7
06-28-2015, 09:09 AM
Ahhh yes... They say that's a lib paradise. San Fran of the east coast. You'll love it**

RossDawg82
06-28-2015, 12:06 PM
It didn't used to be I can tell you that.