PDA

View Full Version : C34 (or anyone) - re: Returning Starters

TUSK
06-26-2015, 06:57 PM
two queries:

1) Who are the "experts" counting as "returning starters" for you guys? (I know about Bear, Dak, Ross, Jones, Brown (x2), Redmond & I think most of the OL)

2) Who are returning guys that should be considered "returning starters", but aren't? (for example: I consider Henry/Drake as "returning starter(s)", even though we lost TJ Yeldon to the Draft)

Thanks.

Coach34
06-26-2015, 07:30 PM
Official Returning starters:

Offense:

Prescott- QB
Malone- LG
J. Senior- RT
Wilson- WR

Defense:

Ry. Brown- DE
B. Brown- LB
Calhoun- CB

Now then:

Fred Ross just simply took Tubby Lewis' job from him in the slot at the end of last year. Tubby started- but Ross played most of the game
Joe Morrow and Fred Brown were playing just as much as R. Johnson at the other WR and were more productive than RoJo receiving
Devon Desper started 2 games at OG last year
Chris Jones rotated in at DT along with Adams. We had a constant rotation going at DT.
AJ Jefferson rotated in alot at DE
Richie Brown came in alot for McKinney in passing situations. Richie didnt "start"- but was 5th in tackles last year and won SEC Def player of the week once.
Will Redmond didnt start at CB- but finished every game on the field.
Coman played a ton at Safety- especially with Cox getting booted and missing the last 1/3 of the season.

War Machine Dawg
06-26-2015, 07:30 PM
The "returning starters" are Dak, Bear, Redmond, Calhoun, Market, AJ Jefferson, Beni Brown, Justin Senior, and Justin Malone. That's it. Chris Jones, Ross, and Richie Brown have never started.

Guys I consider "starters" who are returning: Jones, Ross, Richie, Clayborn, Nelson Adams, Ryan Brown, Gabe Myles, Morrow, Kivon Coman, Fred Brown.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-26-2015, 07:33 PM
The "returning starters" are Dak, Bear, Redmond, Calhoun, Market, AJ Jefferson, Beni Brown, Justin Senior, and Justin Malone. That's it. Chris Jones, Ross, and Richie Brown have never started.

Guys I consider "starters" who are returning: Jones, Ross, Richie, Clayborn, Nelson Adams, Ryan Brown, Gabe Myles, Morrow, Kivon Coman, Fred Brown.

AJ never started Ryan Brown started every game. Redmond didn't start either. Also Desper started 2 games last year.

War Machine Dawg
06-26-2015, 07:42 PM
AJ never started Ryan Brown started every game. Redmond didn't start either. Also Desper started 2 games last year.

I'd have sworn it was the other way around with Brown/AJ. Regardless, put them in the "returning starter" category. Can't believe I left Desper off the "starter" list with the other "non-starters." It's easy to miss a couple when we played so many players.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-26-2015, 07:56 PM
I'd have sworn it was the other way around with Brown/AJ. Regardless, put them in the "returning starter" category. Can't believe I left Desper off the "starter" list with the other "non-starters." It's easy to miss a couple when we played so many players.

Yep Ryan was the starter. AJ played so much tho. So many kids played last year that's the main thing these experts don't realize.

TUSK
06-26-2015, 08:32 PM
I want Redmond, dammit! What ya need fer em?

confucius say
06-26-2015, 08:40 PM

Your all American dt or ol tackle.

gravedigger
06-26-2015, 08:48 PM

One used car. Apparantly

Coach34
06-26-2015, 09:08 PM

forget it. Great young man in addition to being a good football player.

Didnt "start" last year- but will be 1st or 2nd team All-SEC and off the draft board 10 picks into Round 2 at the latest in April

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2015, 09:41 PM

I'll give you Redmond for A'Shawn Robinson, OJ Howard, & Marlon Humphrey

A'Shawn is really the only sacrifice you have to make here because you don't us OJ or Marlon anyway.

Do you accept?

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2015, 09:42 PM
Your all American dt & your ol tackle.

Fixed it for you. No way you go player for player in this deal

TUSK
06-26-2015, 10:08 PM
Your all American dt or ol tackle.

No.

TUSK
06-26-2015, 11:44 PM
forget it. Great young man in addition to being a good football player.

Didnt "start" last year- but will be 1st or 2nd team All-SEC and off the draft board 10 picks into Round 2 at the latest in April

would you take CBs Tony Brown (SO) & Marlon Humphrey (rsFR) for CB Redmond? (let's assume MSU and Bammer don't play each other)...

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2015, 11:56 PM
would you take CBs Tony Brown (SO) & Marlon Humphrey (rsFR) for CB Redmond? (let's assume MSU and Bammer don't play each other)...

Interesting offer....

If we did this, it would be a very Oakland A's type trade. It's never about winning now & always about building for sustained success. Oakland doesn't have to draft (recruit) well to contend because they usually always trade their good player for 2 or 3 solid prospects. And once 1 or 2 of those players turn into successful Major Leaguers, the cycle repeats itself. They get traded away for 2 or 3 prospects and so on and so on.

I'll say this, with Dak back this year, I wouldn't make this trade. BUT, if this was next year, when we are going to be breaking in a new QB and could take a step back, I would heavily consider this offer, as it would set us up better to make a run in our new QB's JR & SR years.

TUSK
06-27-2015, 12:04 AM
Interesting offer....

If we did this, it would be a very Oakland A's type trade. It's never about winning now & always about building for sustained success. Oakland doesn't have to draft (recruit) well to contend because they usually always trade their good player for 2 or 3 solid prospects. And once 1 or 2 of those players turn into successful Major Leaguers, the cycle repeats itself. They get traded away for 2 or 3 prospects and so on and so on.

I'll say this, with Dak back this year, I wouldn't make this trade. BUT, if this was next year, when we are going to be breaking in a new QB and could take a step back, I would heavily consider this offer, as it would set us up better to make a run in our new QB's JR & SR years.

thoughtful, 'Gun.... nice.... I just need to "plug" a gap here and there to make a "run"... and I believe both these cats would be rock stars in Vegas....

Don't get me wrong, I believe Brown will go pro after 3, but I love Redmond's style and think he's a Dre K type CB.... I'll toss Humphrey in as a show of "good faith"....

I seen it dawg
06-27-2015, 02:21 AM
We are gonna beat that ass. Case closed.

blacklistedbully
06-27-2015, 09:35 AM
While we are at it, let's not forget we also may not take much of a hit, if any, at RB. JRob was terrific, but we do seem to have plenty of talent coming back at that spot.

MetEdDawg
06-27-2015, 10:31 AM
This upcoming year to me is insanely important I can barely put it into words. If Mullen can take this team to a 9-10 win season in a year where everyone doesn't think we can, I think we will finally be on the "map".

People don't know us yet because we are still a flash in the pan. One 10 win season isn't going to do it. So some in the SEC know us, but why would most of them change their thinking after only one year? We have to follow it back up this year to show the system Mullen has implemented here works. Find the right QB, RS guys, play a lot of guys, have a high character hard working team. That's what we are, but it's not important for people to really know our team until we show that it's important for them to be knowledgeable about us. Why do people in the SEC need to know Shump, Aeris, or Lee? Why would Fred Ross be a big name? Why would it be important for AJ Jefferson to be known to have played so many snaps that he's considered a starter? That's the kind of thing a solid follow up year to a 10 win season does. It makes people know these guys that aren't your best players but are solid contributors that have NFL futures.

We've got the names on the team. Dak, Bear, Benny, Redmond, Chris Jones. That's at least 4-5 future 1st-2nd round draft picks in my opinion. Can we put all of that together and get another solid season? 9-10 regular season wins should make people start to care more about us because if we get 9 wins, that means we won 3 out of @Auburn, @TAMU, @Mizzou, LSU, Ole Miss, Bama. Those are all very tough games against quality opponents which means they will be on national tv with a big audience. If we want momentum, we have to follow up with at least 9 wins. 8 does nothing really. If we want MSU to be a legit contender, we HAVE to show that 10 wins wasn't a fluke, but something that we created because of the foundation Mullen has built here.

TUSK
06-27-2015, 10:54 AM
We are gonna beat that ass. Case closed.

How bad is it gonna be this year?

Bothrops
06-27-2015, 11:01 AM
I'd rather have a seasoned DT than an O-linemen to start the season.

TUSK
06-27-2015, 11:24 AM
This upcoming year to me is insanely important I can barely put it into words. If Mullen can take this team to a 9-10 win season in a year where everyone doesn't think we can, I think we will finally be on the "map".

People don't know us yet because we are still a flash in the pan. One 10 win season isn't going to do it. So some in the SEC know us, but why would most of them change their thinking after only one year? We have to follow it back up this year to show the system Mullen has implemented here works. Find the right QB, RS guys, play a lot of guys, have a high character hard working team. That's what we are, but it's not important for people to really know our team until we show that it's important for them to be knowledgeable about us. Why do people in the SEC need to know Shump, Aeris, or Lee? Why would Fred Ross be a big name? Why would it be important for AJ Jefferson to be known to have played so many snaps that he's considered a starter? That's the kind of thing a solid follow up year to a 10 win season does. It makes people know these guys that aren't your best players but are solid contributors that have NFL futures.

We've got the names on the team. Dak, Bear, Benny, Redmond, Chris Jones. That's at least 4-5 future 1st-2nd round draft picks in my opinion. Can we put all of that together and get another solid season? 9-10 regular season wins should make people start to care more about us because if we get 9 wins, that means we won 3 out of @Auburn, @TAMU, @Mizzou, LSU, Ole Miss, Bama. Those are all very tough games against quality opponents which means they will be on national tv with a big audience. If we want momentum, we have to follow up with at least 9 wins. 8 does nothing really. If we want MSU to be a legit contender, we HAVE to show that 10 wins wasn't a fluke, but something that we created because of the foundation Mullen has built here.

dead. nuts. on.

+1

Offshore Dawg
06-27-2015, 12:18 PM

This Dawg would be ecstatic with a one point win.

I seen it dawg
06-27-2015, 01:37 PM

41-20

dotcomdawg
06-27-2015, 03:33 PM
our defense had 20 players with 20 or more tackles

Schultzy
06-27-2015, 04:55 PM

This is what people need to refer back to when some blog's article about us makes them shake their head.