PDA

View Full Version : Awesome letter to Mullen about our FB players

spiritual_machine2005
06-26-2015, 11:59 AM
http://collegespun.com/sec/mississippi-state/dan-mullen-receives-extremely-kind-letter-from-conn-resident-who-stayed-in-same-hotel-as-miss-st-during-orange-bowl

starkvegasdawg
06-26-2015, 12:09 PM
And no clocks or radios stolen.

BeardoMSU
06-26-2015, 12:16 PM
The only letters Freeze gets regarding his players are paternity results***

Dallas_Dawg
06-26-2015, 01:21 PM
That's truly awesome. I'm actually in Connecticut right now for business. Had a couple people notice my hat and say that we had a good year. They all love Paps too

FISHDAWG
06-26-2015, 02:34 PM
That's truly awesome. I'm actually in Connecticut right now for business. Had a couple people notice my hat and say that we had a good year. They all love Paps too

had a similar experience last week in Denver ... couple of folks noticed my MSU shirt & commented on a great year and rang an imitation cowbell

nsvltndog
06-26-2015, 04:03 PM
Kudos to the author for taking the time to write the letter. You don't find many people doing that in this day and age. I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Starkville where the team stays the night before games for several years and can tell you that this letter doesn't surprise me in the least bit. The courtesy and manners shown by our players whether in the presence of coaches or not is very impressive.

MetEdDawg
06-26-2015, 08:44 PM
It's cliche I know and a lot of times used to deflect from a bad season or game, but I think it's fairly obvious we do WAY more for these kids than teach them how to play football. If you do it the right way, in the end these guys learn how to be responsible adults, contributing members of society, and learn to treat others with kindness and respect.

The best thing you can do as a player outside of win a football game is treat others kindly outside the confines of the stadium. They are always representing MSU wherever they go and when you see things like that letter, it's easy to see why our program has been successful under Mullen.

shoeless joe
06-27-2015, 07:03 AM
It's cliche I know and a lot of times used to deflect from a bad season or game, but I think it's fairly obvious we do WAY more for these kids than teach them how to play football. If you do it the right way, in the end these guys learn how to be responsible adults, contributing members of society, and learn to treat others with kindness and respect.

The best thing you can do as a player outside of win a football game is treat others kindly outside the confines of the stadium. They are always representing MSU wherever they go and when you see things like that letter, it's easy to see why our program has been successful under Mullen.

This is 100% accurate.

And is a main reason I get irritated when folks wanna bring up certain players not playing that maybe should have gotten more PT. Mullen has shown that if an individual doesn't conduct themselves in a certain manner in school then it will affect their playing time. Holding kids accountable is why we see letters like this and also why some guys miss out on game day. Goes hand in hand...CANNOT have it both ways.

Howboutdemdogs
06-27-2015, 07:14 AM
Definition of Class and Respect. It shows what the team is and reflects upon our Coaching staff.