PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kegler

messageboardsuperhero
06-26-2015, 07:41 AM
Kegler headed to Oak Hill Academy in Virginia this year.

It may not necessarily be a bad thing, but I also can't imagine this being a positive for us either. What do you think Ifyouonlyknew?

msstate7
06-26-2015, 07:47 AM
I'm certainly not a good source for recruiting, but one of our top targets playing in ACC country can't be a good thing imo

Jacksondevildog
06-26-2015, 07:57 AM
You can't hide a top 30 national player and we don't have Rick Ray recruiting for us. No offense to Ray. Just facts.

msstate7
06-26-2015, 08:00 AM
You can't hide a top 30 national player and we don't have Rick Ray recruiting for us. No offense to Ray. Just facts.

You right, you can't hide them. You don't think it would be very much in our favor to have him in our backyard though? It'll be much more difficult to have a coach at his game all the time.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
06-26-2015, 08:13 AM
I would think it's better for his own development than playing at Calloway, if that's the alternative. And I believe our coaching staff would see that as a positive.

E.g. I'd rather have one of Mullen's hidden gems playing at Starkville high getting better every year against the state's top competition than hiding him at Starkville academy to push around human sleds for 4 years. Not saying Kegler is hidden, or this analogy works, but I do expect our coaching staff to value development over any perceived recruiting edge.

Jacksondevildog
06-26-2015, 08:16 AM
Callaway has David Sanders coaching them. He played at Ole Miss. Ole Miss wasn't really in it for Malik. We had great in roads with him due to Horatio. The word is he was never going back to Callaway. Don't forget that we have recruited prep schools well and we signed Jamont Gordon from Oak Hill Academy.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-26-2015, 08:20 AM
It's not a positive or negative. He's a top 30 player so it's not like he needs the exposure. Really not a big deal. He was going to always go to a HS that let him play on the perimeter.

fishwater99
06-26-2015, 08:25 AM
Mario is a good player, but he was already playing at a HS in Florida last year.
It's not like he just left Mississippi and Callaway.
If he wants to come home, that would be great, especially if Mailk stays for his Sophomore year.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/four-star-wing-mario-kegler-is-headed-to-oak-hill-academy-next-season

Ifyouonlyknew
06-26-2015, 08:26 AM
Malik won't be here.

msstate7
06-26-2015, 09:09 AM
Malik won't be here.

I think it would be a blow to our recruiting if Malik didn't go. We need to put him in the Nba as high as possible imo