PDA

View Full Version : OM played ineligible player

BeastMan
07-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Freeze tweets this, this morning:

When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.?-Roy Disney #FAITH #FAMILY #ACADEMICS #Others. #WINTHEDAY

This story comes out just now

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20130709/SPORTS030103/307090040

He plays and academically indelible player for 6 games. That is too funny

FISHDAWG
07-09-2013, 03:18 PM
hey bears ... fed-ex the Egg back
apparently it is possible to self report and come out cleaner than Cam Newton @ a PC convention ........ unless you don't know what you're doing **

HancockCountyDog
07-09-2013, 03:30 PM
I'll be stunned if they don't have wins vacated by this. The NCAA doesn't screw around with playing ineligible players.

Its amazing that they are willing to cheat to get walkons on the field. I think its hilarious that they may get tagged with some sanctions as a result of cheating to get a walkon on the field.

Coach34
07-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Jeez- can you imagine the punishments Bracky/Administration would have come up with for us?

AROB44
07-09-2013, 03:43 PM
I'll be stunned if they don't have wins vacated by this. The NCAA doesn't screw around with playing ineligible players.

Its amazing that they are willing to cheat to get walkons on the field. I think its hilarious that they may get tagged with some sanctions as a result of cheating to get a walkon on the field.

Prepare to be stunned. Nothing will happen to them. They are bullet proof.

Original48
07-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Freeze tweets this, this morning:

When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.?-Roy Disney

"Well, somebody better explain, or there'll, uh... there'll be a lot of explaining to do." - Roy Walley

engie
07-09-2013, 04:02 PM
The book is already closed on this.

Player suspended for 6 games this year -- nothing to see here.

So, anotherwords, his grades went up 10 f'n points on the ACT -- got flagged -- he was ruled ineligible -- played anyway -- and the player receives 1/3 the games penalty that Will Redmond got.

Compliance overhaul time folks. We have GOT to hammer this home and make it happen.

messageboardsuperhero
07-09-2013, 04:17 PM
So they play in ineligible player for half the year and get nothing, while we self-report a rouge, isolated booster giving a recruit a couple hundred dollar handshakes and a car discount that anyone could have gotten and we get multiple years of probation and said recruit looses almost half his college eligibility? Sounds totally fair to me.

Even IF they didn't know the player's ACT score was under review, I thought the UM football program was led by Jesus Christ and had the moral code of Mother Teresa? Surely they wouldn't knowingly allow someone in their program who has cheated on their ACT... Freezus's bullshit hypocrisy is absurd. Anyone who buys the holier-than-thou crap that comes out of his mouth needs to be checked out.

whereisomaha
07-09-2013, 04:19 PM
The NCAA cleared him. Told OM he was cleared. Then reviewed his ACT after they cleared him and didnt inform the school. Do you really think Freeze played a walk on knowing he was ineligible?

msstate7
07-09-2013, 04:20 PM
The NCAA cleared him. Told OM he was cleared. Then reviewed his ACT after they cleared him and didnt inform the school. Do you really think Freeze played a walk on knowing he was ineligible?

Maybe God told em to.

swdawg
07-09-2013, 04:22 PM
So, anotherwords, his grades went up 10 f'n points on the ACT -- got flagged -- he was ruled ineligible -- played anyway -- and the player receives 1/3 the games penalty that Will Redmond got.

From my reading of this, the player knew that he was ineligible - and played anyway. And only gets a 6 game suspension. Unbelievable.

Coach34
07-09-2013, 04:39 PM

Nobody thinks Freezus played an ineligible player on purpose- but the rule was still broken

Rick Danko
07-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Shit like this makes it very, VERY hard to be a MS State fan. I mean damn, its like everyone else in the SEC is sitting around a bar at the country club, smoking cigars, drinking high priced whiskey, and laughing their asses off at us.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Shit like this makes it very, VERY hard to be a MS State fan. I mean damn, its like everyone else in the SEC is sitting around a bar at the country club, smoking cigars, drinking high priced whiskey, and laughing their asses off at us.

No shit. That's exactly how I feel when the topic of recruiting comes up these days. Makes me sick.

Todd4State
07-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Jeez- can you imagine the punishments Bracky/Administration would have come up with for us?

Death penalty and forfeiture of Dan's first three Egg Bowl wins? But hey! MSU got a pat on the back from the NCAA for it's cooperation!

Todd4State
07-09-2013, 05:42 PM

In other words, the letter from the NCAA saying he wasn't eligible was "lost in the mail".

Todd4State
07-09-2013, 05:44 PM

Compliance overhaul time folks. We have GOT to hammer this home and make it happen.

And we have to hammer it to whomever hangs out with Keenum that actually has some pull with MSU athletics.

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2013, 06:40 PM

+1,000,000

As long as Bracky is in charge of compliance, we're our own worst enemy. Honestly, I'm surprised Mullen recruits as well as he does. Even f'n Vandy has figured out how to play the game. If we're serious about improving our program, we've GOT to make a compliance overhaul happen. Until it does, we're playing the game handicapped - and that might be an insult to the handicapped.