PDA

View Full Version : Per BeastMan sources

BeastMan
07-09-2013, 02:58 PM
2 different convos. 2 completely different sets of info.2 different guys. Both as close to each situation as you can get.

1.Fred Ross is a monster. A current teammate went as far as to call him "the truth". He is tearing up summer workouts making a huge impression.

2. Freeze has doubled down on his use of faith with MS kids. Not only that, he has the kids sold that Mullen has no Christian faith. Freeze is winning with the kids they have committed on the "Mullen isn't a Christian" line.

My takes on these:

1: Ross may be the jewel of this class; for immediate impact anyway. Every single report I've heard has him balling out but the convo I had last night I trust the most. I've read it from folks I don't know but now I don't doubt it at all.

2. I honestly have never had ill will toward any coach OM has ever had but I despise this Jesus act Freeze is putting on. Either be a 100% morals guy or be a slimeball, I don't care. He's doing great now but he's setting up for the ultimate "fall from grace" when he gets muddied up, which has happened to every SEC coach at some point. The part that really burns me up is that he doesn't just talk up his faith, he downs others faith. That is nowhere in the teachings of Jesus. It's a fraud. This point isn't up for debate either. He proved it in his first recruiting cycle with Richie Brown and his father. Luckily for MSU, they were intelligent enough to not fall for the Beni Hinn act.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Can you provide examples about the richie brown recruitment for people that don't know what happened

DiligenceDawg
07-09-2013, 03:04 PM
#1 is great news.

#2 is not, nor should it be surprising. I hope it is something all future coaches and administrators keep in mind when making hires. Your bread and butter is going to be in rural areas with the highest church going rates in the country. I hope we've got a way to discredit it but from the looks of it we don't. I'm not arguing that Freeze's approach is remotely ok, just that it is no more surprising than breaking all the rules on visits.

gravedigger
07-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Any kid or potential student that wouldnt attend MSU because someone said that a coach has no Christian faith or isnt a Christian isnt smart enough to graduate high school and should not be welcome at MSU. World is full of suckers and they need to attend Ole Miss. I dont care if they are a 15 star football player. They are too stupid to be let outdoors.

Let him sell it. If they buy it, he helped us out.

maroonmania
07-09-2013, 03:15 PM
2 different convos. 2 completely different sets of info.2 different guys. Both as close to each situation as you can get.

1.Fred Ross is a monster. A current teammate went as far as to call him "the truth". He is tearing up summer workouts making a huge impression.

2. Freeze has doubled down on his use of faith with MS kids. Not only that, he has the kids sold that Mullen has no Christian faith. Freeze is winning with the kids they have committed on the "Mullen isn't a Christian" line.

My takes on these:

1: Ross may be the jewel of this class; for immediate impact anyway. Every single report I've heard has him balling out but the convo I had last night I trust the most. I've read it from folks I don't know but now I don't doubt it at all.

2. I honestly have never had ill will toward any coach OM has ever had but I despise this Jesus act Freeze is putting on. Either be a 100% morals guy or be a slimeball, I don't care. He's doing great now but he's setting up for the ultimate "fall from grace" when he gets muddied up, which has happened to every SEC coach at some point. The part that really burns me up is that he doesn't just talk up his faith, he downs others faith. That is nowhere in the teachings of Jesus. It's a fraud. This point isn't up for debate either. He proved it in his first recruiting cycle with Richie Brown and his father. Luckily for MSU, they were intelligent enough to not fall for the Beni Hinn act.

On #2 - he would have to be selling the Christian act to the parents because all I see being sold to the recruits on OVs to OM is loose women and a big party scene (just ask Chris Jones). I doubt the vast majority of the recruits they are getting could care one way or the other if Freeze is a Christian or not but the Mommas do and that is who Freeze is selling. So likely simultaneous while the recruit is partying down and being "serviced" on the official visit Freeze is visiting with the parents telling them all the great Christian values he is going to teach their son while he is at OM. Its all sickening to me.

Political Hack
07-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Can you provide examples about the richie brown recruitment for people that don't know what happened

may not get the exact words right, but in effect he told Richie "I fear for your soul if you go to Mississippi State."

Will James
07-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Any kid or potential student that wouldnt attend MSU because someone said that a coach has no Christian faith or isnt a Christian

Think about mama

Rick Danko
07-09-2013, 03:20 PM
So let me get this straight

Freeze: "Momma, he is not a christian, that I can promise you. Just ask him"
Momma: "Ok Rev Freeze I sure will."

Momma: "Mr. Mullen, are you a christian because Rev Freeze says you aren't"
Mullen: "Of course I am, that is ridiculous."
Momma: "Sorry, I don't believe you cause Rev Freeze says so"

That has got to be the biggest load of horse shit I have ever heard. Not calling anyone out for stating it but cmon now, you really think this is a recruiting strategy that works? If it is, I agree that those who fall for it do not need to be at our school any damn way.

FISHDAWG
07-09-2013, 03:22 PM
wonder what happens when the parents attend the OV with the recruit ... someone must be distracting the folks while the party rolls on - you know they never lost a party dont you

FISHDAWG
07-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Dan doesn't do much to temper his language

msugolf
07-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Hugh should tread lightly on speaking ill of others' deeds/morals. I'd hate for "rumors" to leak out on one of his former briarcrest student/babysitter.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-09-2013, 04:04 PM
may not get the exact words right, but in effect he told Richie "I fear for your soul if you go to Mississippi State."

Damn, that's low as hell if true, I would be tempted to knock those tree choppers out of his head if he disrespected me in my house like that.

Political Hack
07-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Hugh should tread lightly on speaking ill of others' deeds/morals. I'd hate for "rumors" to leak out on one of his former briarcrest student/babysitter.

would be a black day for freeze if it were to come out to be true.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-09-2013, 04:10 PM
And if the parents are gullible enough to buy #2, well I have some beach front property in Arizona for sale.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-09-2013, 04:11 PM
would be a black day for freeze if it were to come out to be true.

Come on

America loves a good **** up trying to rebuild their lives story.

Political Hack
07-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Come on

they'd probably make a movie about it.

msugolf
07-09-2013, 04:17 PM
would be a black day for freeze if it were to come out.

Fixed it for ya.

msstate7
07-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Come on

Not when it's a grown man banging a teenage girl. This isn't an Evan gattis story...

RBritt
07-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Change of subject but can I hear or get a link to the Evan Gattis story.

msstate7
07-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Change of subject but can I hear or get a link to the Evan Gattis story.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2122585

Mobile site

RBritt
07-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks.

Todd4State
07-09-2013, 05:27 PM
The Christian faith thing should be pretty easy for Dan to fix.

1. Have Dan talk at a few churches.

2. Put something out there on video about Dan talking about his faith.

Fixed.

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-09-2013, 05:45 PM
The problem with Freeze using this strategy is that he is portraying himself like he is a preacher who is going to not only bring great success to your son on the football field and in the classroom but he will also turn your son into a devout Christian. If you don't think this is appealing to black mothers than you have your head in the sand. They want their son to break the mold and be a community leader rather than just another statistic. I am stereotyping, but that is the case most of the time.

I don't think Mullen should say anything unless it comes up in regular conversation. Mark Richt is a Christian and he speaks about his faith but he doesn't parade it around with hashtags and program mottos and use it as a recruiting tool. He is genuine, but Freeze he is a snake. As the song goes...what's done in the dark will be brought to the light, sooner or later God will cut you down.

What we need to do as State fans is let this recruiting tactic be known so recruits and their parents are aware of it and potentially question it's authenticity.

BeastMan
07-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Great way to put it GoHF. I think Freeze is smart enough to identify which families he can lay the bs on thick to. Please don't turn this political but we see who Jacksonians elected mayor. We see where Freeze is having success. That leads me to believe that the majority of families in Jackson are willing to buy in to bs

Homedawg
07-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Great way to put it GoHF. I think Freeze is smart enough to identify which families he can lay the bs on thick to. Please don't turn this political but we see who Jacksonians elected mayor. We see where Freeze is having success. That leads me to believe that the majority of families in Jackson are willing to buy in to bs

That and car rides and scholarships that won't be honored. I hope like hell ole miss honors all of those guys from Calloway. But they won't.

BeastMan
07-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Whatcha mean Homedawg?

Goat Holder
07-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Man, Mullen makes his guys go to church if I recall. I highly doubt Freeze is convincing anyone of that line, if in fact he is even using it, which I doubt. Move along.

Also, on #1, not buying any freshman hype unless they are Adrian Peterson or Jadaveon Clowney types. Which Fred Ross ain't.

gravedigger
07-09-2013, 06:59 PM
"What we need to do as State fans is let this recruiting tactic be known so recruits and their parents are aware of it and potentially question it's authenticity."

Exactly. What are we really complaining about? The fact that we don't cheat as well as others? That our leadership doesn't have the pull on the upper levels that other schools have? Well sure.

News flash everyone: The compliance officer doesn't control who has a lawyer and who doesn't. He doesn't control the back room deals on the NCAA capital hill. That is the president of our university. But in the end, even he doesn't control US, the numbskulls who do things in public that get us caught. It isn't the kids, or the coaches, it's us.

Now do other fan bases break the rules without caring? Of course they do. Does the ncaa turn the other way on certain schools? Holy mother of Maurice Clarette you bet they do. But that has to do with the influence they have at the highest level. That is where the backroom deals are made.

Compliance offices only advise WHAT the rules are to those who present them with questions. It's an office set up to show the NCAA that the school is attempting to educate those involved in the recruiting process instead of shrugging shoulders when the penalties come down. How our university is defended is based on it's highest leadership.

How about we all grow up and think a bit bigger? Who did billy brewer get upset at when he went down? Gerald Turner. And with good reason. Turner, rightly, turned his back on the moron for being such a dumbass. When did the investigation really start on Sherrill? When we had an Interim president and nobody to protect us on the highest level. Donald Z would have never let that happen. Robert Khyat would have never let Brewers career end the way it did. How does any head coach 'get away with it'? The chancellor or the president of the university having some pull is how.

Oh, anyone remember who was the president of the NCAA when the Maurice Clarette scandal happened at Ohio State? The former PRESIDENT OF THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY.

Complaining about Bracky is like swatting at a gnat with an axe.

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-09-2013, 07:23 PM
"What we need to do as State fans is let this recruiting tactic be known so recruits and their parents are aware of it and potentially question it's authenticity."

Exactly. What are we really complaining about? The fact that we don't cheat as well as others? That our leadership doesn't have the pull on the upper levels that other schools have? Well sure.

News flash everyone: The compliance officer doesn't control who has a lawyer and who doesn't. He doesn't control the back room deals on the NCAA capital hill. That is the president of our university. But in the end, even he doesn't control US, the numbskulls who do things in public that get us caught. It isn't the kids, or the coaches, it's us.

Now do other fan bases break the rules without caring? Of course they do. Does the ncaa turn the other way on certain schools? Holy mother of Maurice Clarette you bet they do. But that has to do with the influence they have at the highest level. That is where the backroom deals are made.

Compliance offices only advise WHAT the rules are to those who present them with questions. It's an office set up to show the NCAA that the school is attempting to educate those involved in the recruiting process instead of shrugging shoulders when the penalties come down. How our university is defended is based on it's highest leadership.

How about we all grow up and think a bit bigger? Who did billy brewer get upset at when he went down? Gerald Turner. And with good reason. Turner, rightly, turned his back on the moron for being such a dumbass. When did the investigation really start on Sherrill? When we had an Interim president and nobody to protect us on the highest level. Donald Z would have never let that happen. Robert Khyat would have never let Brewers career end the way it did. How does any head coach 'get away with it'? The chancellor or the president of the university having some pull is how.

Oh, anyone remember who was the president of the NCAA when the Maurice Clarette scandal happened at Ohio State? The former PRESIDENT OF THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY.

This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen on this board.

Aside from the fact that our compliance department royally screwed up the recent investigation, if you see the type of compliance directors other SEC schools have compared to the resume ours has and don't think that is a problem, then perhaps you are part of the problem.

Political Hack
07-09-2013, 07:44 PM
While I agree the blame can be spread from the bottom of the general public to the top of the unviersity, it's also compliance's job to inform student athletes that they have the right to have a lawyer provided to them at no charge prior to sending them into a 3-4 hour interview with investigators and lawyers.

dawgoneyall
07-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Is banging a high school girl while being a coach at said school really being a Christian?

Goat Holder
07-09-2013, 08:20 PM

Fixed.

Some people take their faith a little more seriously than that.

engie
07-09-2013, 09:16 PM

Aside from the fact that our compliance department royally screwed up the recent investigation, if you see the type of compliance directors other SEC schools have compared to the resume ours has and don't think that is a problem, then perhaps you are part of the problem.

Yep...

War Machine Dawg
07-09-2013, 09:20 PM

+1 Nailed it. There's so much wrong with that post, I don't even know where to start.

gravedigger
07-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Considering that it doesn't go with the message board party line that Brett is the cause of our problems your response isn't surprising.

But please.....rail away at the great and powerful OZ Bracky Brett behind the curtain. It sounds SO smart.

Coach34
07-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Considering that it doesn't go with the message board party line that Brett is the cause of our problems your response isn't surprising.

But please.....rail away at the great and powerful OZ Bracky Brett behind the curtain. It sounds SO smart.

I know Bracky and he is far from the being the great and powerful OZ. Bracky fits better in an Andy Griffith Barber Shop scene. But I have a hard time believing that Keenum is telling Bracky to go around writing down vin numbers on football players cars as he has been caught doing. If this is indeed coming from Keenum or Strick- then by all means- they too need some guidance or warning

Pollodawg
07-09-2013, 10:18 PM
I know Bracky and he is far from the being the great and powerful OZ. Bracky fits better in an Andy Griffith Barber Shop scene. But I have a hard time believing that Keenum is telling Bracky to go around writing down vin numbers on football players cars as he has been caught doing. If this is indeed coming from Keenum or Strick- then by all means- they too need some guidance or or warning

Are you serious? We don't deserve any better with somebody like that on the payroll.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Wait, someone named bracky works for msu? Did he go to ole miss?

Who would name their ****ing kid bracky?

Coach 57
07-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Look you guys know me fairly well from my posts that I am as an avid Bulldawg as any on here, but Dan is Catholic. It's uhhh a little different (sarkastericks) from being a Christian. Am I saying that this is a tool that should be used by Freeze.....why not? And the comment about getting CDM to "speak at churches" is as stupid as saying Derek Taite was & is MSU greatest QB ever. Look I live & breathe Jesus & God's word....be a VERY CAREFUL about using the term "Jesus freak" in a negative connotation. In these times I wouldn't want to walk in your shoes if you did. If Freeze is using his salvation as a tool to recruit....as a MSU fan I'm fine with it. Because one thing about the Creator....HIS WILL...WILL BE DONE no matter what color polo or hat you've got on your head. Does it make CDM any less as a coach/recruiter? No. The fact of recruiting is this CDM is going to go after the 2* Benadrick's & 2* Banks. Stars don't win championships well coached players & schemes DO. Leave it at that.

Pollodawg
07-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Wait, someone named bracky works for msu? Did he go to ole miss?

Who would name their ****ing kid bracky?

I laughed.

Political Hack
07-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Look you guys know me fairly well from my posts that I am as an avid Bulldawg as any on here, but Dan is Catholic. It's uhhh a little different (sarkastericks) from being a Christian. Am I saying that this is a tool that should be used by Freeze.....why not? And the comment about getting CDM to "speak at churches" is as stupid as saying Derek Taite was & is MSU greatest QB ever. Look I live & breathe Jesus & God's word....be a VERY CAREFUL about using the term "Jesus freak" in a negative connotation. In these times I wouldn't want to walk in your shoes if you did. If Freeze is using his salvation as a tool to recruit....as a MSU fan I'm fine with it. Because one thing about the Creator....HIS WILL...WILL BE DONE no matter what color polo or hat you've got on your head. Does it make CDM any less as a coach/recruiter? No. The fact of recruiting is this CDM is going to go after the 2* Benadrick's & 2* Banks. Stars don't win championships well coached players & schemes DO. Leave it at that.

I usually agree with most everything you say, but I don't even know where to start with this. One thing I will say: If people truly believed Freeze was a "Jesus Freak" they probably wouldn't be as offended by it.

BeastMan
07-09-2013, 11:00 PM
@Coach57

I respect you as a poster but you are way off base. We all know what goes on at every SEC school when it comes to recruiting. To know that and make comments that you use "faith based recruiting" is garbage. I don't see how you don't get that. It's just like being a Christian and going to a bar. I'm not going to get turned off by that unless you're sloppy drunk and preaching at me. That is essentially what Freeze is doing

msstate7
07-09-2013, 11:05 PM
I usually agree with most everything you say, but I don't even know where to start with this. One thing I will say: If people truly believed Freeze was a "Jesus Freak" they probably wouldn't be as offended by it.

IMO freeze is whatever he needs to be to succeed. If he was coach at Ucla recruiting the locals, he'd be preaching liberalism. He's in the Bible Belt though so he's winning recruits for Christ.

Remember this though

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. (Galatians 6:7 NKJV)

engie
07-09-2013, 11:07 PM

Disagreeing and writing a bunch of psychobabble bs without knowing what the hell you are talking about sounds SO much smarter...

Arguing the point that Bracky is a huge problem not only shows that you don't have a clue -- it shows that you lack any semblance of common sense.

NO ONE is saying he's the only problem we have -- but it's a huge, glaring f'n problem -- that has NOW set our football recruiting back for 7 years over a total of a $2k discount on a car and about $600 in impermissible benefits -- lest we be hit for repeat offenders and thrown to the wolves just like 2003. This NEVER becomes an issue anywhere else. Why? Because they had NO PROOF OF ANYTHING. That is -- until Bracky threw Redmond to the wolves without representation -- or the knowledge that he was entitled to representation -- and let the NCAA grill him with questions without any prior knowledge or prep work to deal with it.

EVERYWHERE else, Will is told "there are some discrepancies here and the NCAA will be calling -- here's a lawyer that will help you out for free that does a great job -- be prepared to answer x,y,z question and have paperwork in hand for x,y,z." Said lawyer then fixes and sweeps the "problems" under the rug prior to the investigation. The NCAA is suspicious but can't prove jack. We tell them to go F themselves. And EVERYONE walks. That's how the big boys do it. And that's why we aren't a big boy.

I could hit HALF of Ole Miss's baseball record holders from the 00s with over $2k in impermissible benefits to this day...so don't give me bs about us being some kind of dumb ass cheaters. We're dumbasses about how we deal with the whispers of impropriety -- not how we carry out those improprieties...

ckDOG
07-10-2013, 12:56 AM

Fixed.

A quick google of Mullen's bio show that he is very likely Cristian. Usually folks that attend Catholic high school and name their child Canon (not the big gun) are Christian. If kids and mommas want to fall for that kind of trash talk, I doubt the kid has enough intelligence to learn the play book.

swdawg
07-10-2013, 01:34 AM
IMO freeze is whatever he needs to be to succeed. If he was coach at Ucla recruiting the locals, he'd be preaching liberalism. He's in the Bible Belt though so he's winning recruits for Christ.

Remember this though

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. (Galatians 6:7 NKJV)

I think you should tweet this to Brother Freesus...

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-10-2013, 05:39 AM

It's easy to derive from your soliloquy that you have a very rudimentary understanding of what a compliance department does. That's fine, but don't go telling everyone else they are stupid for placing blame on it. I think if you learned more about how compliance works you would change your tune.

Political Hack
07-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Disagreeing and writing a bunch of psychobabble bs without knowing what the hell you are talking about sounds SO much smarter...

Arguing the point that Bracky is a huge problem not only shows that you don't have a clue -- it shows that you lack any semblance of common sense.

NO ONE is saying he's the only problem we have -- but it's a huge, glaring f'n problem -- that has NOW set our football recruiting back for 7 years over a total of a $2k discount on a car and about $600 in impermissible benefits -- lest we be hit for repeat offenders and thrown to the wolves just like 2003. This NEVER becomes an issue anywhere else. Why? Because they had NO PROOF OF ANYTHING. That is -- until Bracky threw Redmond to the wolves without representation -- or the knowledge that he was entitled to representation -- and let the NCAA grill him with questions without any prior knowledge or prep work to deal with it.

EVERYWHERE else, Will is told "there are some discrepancies here and the NCAA will be calling -- here's a lawyer that will help you out for free that does a great job -- be prepared to answer x,y,z question and have paperwork in hand for x,y,z." Said lawyer then fixes and sweeps the "problems" under the rug prior to the investigation. The NCAA is suspicious but can't prove jack. We tell them to go F themselves. And EVERYONE walks. That's how the big boys do it. And that's why we aren't a big boy.

I could hit HALF of Ole Miss's baseball record holders from the 00s with over $2k in impermissible benefits to this day...so don't give me bs about us being some kind of dumb ass cheaters. We're dumbasses about how we deal with the whispers of impropriety -- not how we carry out those improprieties...

strong

SignalToNoise
07-10-2013, 08:46 AM

It's almost like you wrote the job description and made the hire. At best your description is a very dated view of what the compliance director should be doing, and in all honesty this is probably all LT (I'm guessing LT hired Bracky; I don't know but I'm sure some of you others do) expected of him. Like everyone else is saying, this day and age his role should be to, umm, "educate" the coaches/players on certain "things". I think you catch my drift here.

War Machine Dawg
07-10-2013, 09:18 AM
It's almost like you wrote the job description and made the hire. At best your description is a very dated view of what the compliance director should be doing, and in all honesty this is probably all LT (I'm guessing LT hired Bracky; I don't know but I'm sure some of you others do) expected of him. Like everyone else is saying, this day and age his role should be to, umm, "educate" the coaches/players on certain "things". I think you catch my drift here.

Yes, Bracky is a Templedick holdover. That should tell everyone all they need to know about Bracky's "competence" to perform his job. FIRE BRACKY!

War Machine Dawg
07-10-2013, 09:19 AM

Boom! Roasted. Once aGAIN, Engie droppin' bombs on folks.

Coach 57
07-10-2013, 09:35 AM
@ Beastman & Hack

Look I know (as well as anybody on this board) the shenanigans that are pulled not just by UM but by ALL those who recruit. I'm not agreeing with those antics perpetrated by anybody much less someone who claims to know & have a relationship with Christ. My point was IF (and it's a big if) a coach who maintained a clean program, was a legit man of God and was a good coach came into my living room to recruit my beast of a son to his school.....show me the dotted line and I will help him understand why he (my kid) would be better off playing for said coach. To me there is NOTHING wrong with the angle. I didn't say I agree with the things that go on during official visits or after the signing. Scripture asks those that are in Christ to be as Jesus taught Peter...."be fishers of men". Did any of you keep up with how Christ was very profound during the baseball team's awesome season? Pretty remarkable stuff indeed.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Only in the south do you recruit a D1 players parents to sunday school versus football.

SMH

Goat Holder
07-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Look I know (as well as anybody on this board)

You (and others on this board, Todd in particular) would be much better posters if you'd keep your ego in check. King Jackie said on the radio yesterday, "If you have to tell people who you are, then they don't really know who you are". You guys don't have to spell out how awesome you are and how much you know.

By the way I agree with all your points in this thread.

Coach34
07-10-2013, 10:05 AM

Quite simply- it can't be explained any better than that

FISHDAWG
07-10-2013, 10:10 AM
you are as outspoken as anyone on this board and you say something like this to other posters ????

BeastMan
07-10-2013, 10:11 AM
The problem with that line is that its not sincere. How would you feel about this hypothetical company: Faith Builders. A Christian contracting and building company. The owner constantly sells his faith as to why he's successful and constantly publicly pushes his "morals". Said owner uses his relationships with inspectors to skate building codes and break the rules/law to benefit his company.

If you are ok with Freeze, you should be ok with that. Don't confuse my issue with Freeze as an issue with faith. You are missing the boat big time if you do. The crux of this issue is that Freeze is using the guise of Christian morals to sell and succeed in a known curupt institution (recruiting). If you can't understand that I really can't say anything else.

fishwater99
07-10-2013, 10:28 AM
@ Beastman & Hack

Look I know (as well as anybody on this board) the shenanigans that are pulled not just by UM but by ALL those who recruit. I'm not agreeing with those antics perpetrated by anybody much less someone who claims to know & have a relationship with Christ. My point was IF (and it's a big if) a coach who maintained a clean program, was a legit man of God and was a good coach came into my living room to recruit my beast of a son to his school.....show me the dotted line and I will help him understand why he (my kid) would be better off playing for said coach. To me there is NOTHING wrong with the angle. I didn't say I agree with the things that go on during official visits or after the signing. Scripture asks those that are in Christ to be as Jesus taught Peter...."be fishers of men". Did any of you keep up with how Christ was very profound during the baseball team's awesome season? Pretty remarkable stuff indeed.

Good Post...

Goat Holder
07-10-2013, 10:35 AM
The problem with that line is that its not sincere. How would you feel about this hypothetical company: Faith Builders. A Christian contracting and building company. The owner constantly sells his faith as to why he's successful and constantly publicly pushes his "morals". Said owner uses his relationships with inspectors to skate building codes and break the rules/law to benefit his company.

If you are ok with Freeze, you should be ok with that. Don't confuse my issue with Freeze as an issue with faith. You are missing the boat big time if you do. The crux of this issue is that Freeze is using the guise of Christian morals to sell and succeed in a known curupt institution (recruiting). If you can't understand that I really can't say anything else.

I understand this point of view and to tell the truth, I have no clue what they are doing up there behind the scenes. But just like Urban can't be blamed for Hernandez, you can't blame Freeze for what the players do, what recruits do, what boosters do. Coaches are like figure heads for a whole school. Perhaps Freeze is trying to use his position for the betterment of everyone? Who knows. But he can't control everyone, boosters included.

I guess in the end this is such a petty thing to grasp ahold of when talking about Ole Miss.

MSUDawg4Life
07-10-2013, 10:36 AM
You (and others on this board, Todd in particular) would be much better posters if you'd keep your ego in check. King Jackie said on the radio yesterday, "If you have to tell people who you are, then they don't really know who you are". You guys don't have to spell out how awesome you are and how much you know.

By the way I agree with all your points in this thread.

Hilarious. Especially from you.

We all have strong feelings and opinions and I actually like that we can express them freely.

Coach57 and Todd are the last people who need to rein in their "egos" or their opinions. They are two of the most respected posters BECAUSE of their knowledge of their interests.

I'm all for the free flow of ideas whether I agree with them or not.

Political Hack
07-10-2013, 10:42 AM
@ Beastman & Hack

I can understand that. I just don't believe Freeze is as a devout Christian as he claims to be given some of the stories I've heard about him.

The Croom Diaries
07-10-2013, 10:47 AM
I guess in the end this is such a petty thing to grasp ahold of when talking about Ole Miss.

his entire recruiting strategy, or motto is "faith-based recruiting". So no, this is not a petty thing to grasp ahold of when talking about ole miss.

Goat Holder
07-10-2013, 11:25 AM
We all have strong feelings and opinions and I actually like that we can express them freely........I'm all for the free flow of ideas whether I agree with them or not.

Sure we can. And so am I. I didn't say we couldn't or shouldn't do that. It's not about that, at all.

Coach57 and Todd are the last people who need to rein in their "egos" or their opinions. They are two of the most respected posters BECAUSE of their knowledge of their interests.

This is where I disagree. I don't think that knowledge (correct knowledge) is there, more than any other poster. But they sure think it is and make a point to say that it is. It's just my opinion.

engie
07-10-2013, 12:04 PM
I'd love for someone to put a timeline together for Chris Jones' first visit. He said he met with Freeze late into that night. He was photographed on the square that night, likely prior to meeting with Freeze.

This has(even more) potential to show that Freeze not only condones the behavior -- but actively encourages and exploits it to his fullest benefit. Hence why many feel he's being very hypocritical in his up-front sales pitch...

I could get a whole bunch of people to come to church if I was running a brothel/bar in the side rooms... Catch the drift?

No one is saying that he should police what the players do -- or expect them to be perfect. Just that there are some discrepancies between his actions and his preaching. NOTHING bothers me more than that.

And for that matter, it bothers me just about as bad with all the "relentless effort" preaching Mullen gave to us -- when he quit against LSU in 2011 and in quite a few games last year. Be whatever you say you are. Simple.

maroonmania
07-10-2013, 01:38 PM
I can understand that. I just don't believe Freeze is as a devout Christian as he claims to be given some of the stories I've heard about him.

Exactly, I think most of us would agree that from all indications Mark Richt is probably the most devout and genuine Christian HC in the SEC. I personally have a lot of respect for the man and what he stands for. And with that being said if people can't differentiate between Richt and how he lives his faith and Freezus who seems to just use his "faith" like a used car salesman for what he thinks it can do for him in his career then I just don't know what else to say to you.

Ronny
07-10-2013, 01:42 PM
..but Freeze is playing this Christian card to the hilt because it is a way for him show his ass in behalf of all the pro-Confederacy big money Ole Miss alumni, who are all hardcore right wingers & who think the only true racism in this country is taking place against whites.

These Ole Miss heavy hitters Freeze is so set on impressing think true Christianty can not be obtained by minorites or the poor (unless you sign to play for Hugh Freeze, then Jesus suddeny forgives you for not pulling yourself up by you own bootsraps & now loves you). Of course gay recruits, atheists recruits or any Muslim recruit would not even be allowed to visit a Hugh Freeze campus. Ole Miss nation has already made it publicly known their hatred for Scientologists. So no L. Ron Hubbard boys will never be seen in Oxford.

Is this a lecture on multiculturalism? Sort of, because by the year 2050 whites will be a minority in America. Won't that be a giant kick in the nuts to everything the University of Mississippi stands for.

Remember, this is the campus that rioted over the colored-guy getting re-elected. So Freeze is well aware of which element to pander to in order to rally the Ole Miss horde to his cause.

Can you imagine Freeze's reaction if he learned one of the Ole Miss cheerleaders had an abortion? He would attempt to have her tossed into county lock-up.

Yes, this is somewhat of a left wing take on the doings of Hugh Freeze, & if you disagree I will not argue because I respect your opinion. If you want to to move this post to the political board or delete it altogether I'll understand.

But I am sick of these fake, scam-artists "Christians" appearing on raido & TV & doing their Hugh Freeze act. Or should I say having to endure watching Freeze mimic their act.

Lastly, remember this bullshit goes back to Cutcliffe being the pure embodiment of Jesus Christ & Sherrll the spawn of Satan. So it is really nothing new.

Coach 57
07-10-2013, 01:49 PM
@engie- if there is one thing you are sir is consistent. You are one of my favorite posters on here and I agree with you partially on this as other times almost all the time. I forget which poster said it but it's true as they used the reference to the Urban Meter/Herdandez situation. I am unable to say Freeze is NOT a Christian (judging) as I am not around him and don't see his actions before me. If he knows all the goings on as some of you claim he does and still uses his faith as a tool to recruit....I assure you he will pay dearly for it as all sinners that don't repent and (bigger deal for Christians) FORSAKE said sin. That would mean he is KNOWINGLY using God's name as a negative. But that's not for me to judge him on.

@Goat- I am glad we can agree on something for a change and believe it or not you are right about the other as well. I am no better than anybody on here. I am truly nothing without Christ. My employment, health, kids, wife all of it everything to the lint in my pocket to the soul in my body ALL belong to God. Just because I know how to draw up a good blitz package or can teach my kids how to properly read, react and use their hands & feet to get there makes me no better than you...or anybody else. Like Joshua in scripture I was blessed (anointed) with a strategic mind. It makes me no better. Where I might be better at that there are plenty of things He has given all of you as gifts that are JUST as special. I thank you guys for the kind words but I truly am no better than ANY OF YOU. There's a reason I shut up during baseball, basketball seasons.....I look to the guys on here who HAVE A BETTER MIND FOR IT.

Look I love football it is one of the things that I truly have passion for but first and foremost is my love & devotion to Christ and yes He even comes before my family. I am a Jesus freak.....self diagnosed. I wish one day we could meet and I would tell you more about this ole coach who would be nothing without God!

FISHDAWG
07-10-2013, 02:07 PM
it's Goat ... don't sweat it Coach

Goat Holder
07-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the testimony but you are preaching to the choir, at least with me.

Just out of curiosity, where have you coached? If you don't want to put it on this public forum I understand. You can PM me if you want but if you don't, that's fine too.

On Freeze, I was the one who compared to Urban/Hernandez. You can re-read the earlier post on that.

Coach 57
07-10-2013, 04:08 PM
@Goat- the next home game you come to in Starkville let me know the day before you come we'll meet up & have a biscuit w/gravy along with a nice talk.

CadaverDawg
07-10-2013, 04:23 PM
@Goat- the next home game you come to in Starkville let me know the day before you come we'll meet up & have a biscuit w/gravy along with a nice talk.

How can you not love this guy?^

By the way, I used legal recruiting methods to recruit Coach57 to EliteDawgs via Twitter.

Todd4State
07-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Here's what I'm saying when I say that Dan should speak at a couple of churches or whatever- I don't mean for him to do it flippantly. I know he is a Christian, and if he is a Christian, it really shouldn't be that big of a deal for him to speak at a church of all places a couple of times about it. I'm not saying he shouldn't be genuine at all about it. I'm not saying he has to lead a Billy Graham Crusade here either. Just enough to refute what is being used against us.

Goat Holder
07-10-2013, 04:34 PM
mrob71?

I'll be at LSU for sure.

Goat Holder
07-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Yeah, no one would realize that he's doing it in response to Ole Miss.

Terrible idea.

Todd4State
07-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Yeah, no one would realize that he's doing it in response to Ole Miss.

Terrible idea.

Because sitting around talking about it, knowing it's happening and apparently working in some cases, and doing nothing is a better idea?

Goat Holder
07-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Negative recruiting (against you) doesn't hurt you, it helps, eventually. Kids swayed by that sort of thing didn't really want to come play for you anyway. Mullen and Freeze both have their chance to pitch their sell. And what proof do we have that it worked? Oh yeah, none. Some message board guy.

You simply can't go around refuting what everybody says about you. That's letting them win. Making them take time out of your day to deal with that nonsense.

I bet you still think that C.J. Johnson was swayed to Ole Miss because they paid him and negatively recruited against us.

Todd4State
07-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Negative recruiting (against you) doesn't hurt you, it helps, eventually. Kids swayed by that sort of thing didn't really want to come play for you anyway. Mullen and Freeze both have their chance to pitch their sell. And what proof do we have that it worked? Oh yeah, none. Some message board guy.

You simply can't go around refuting what everybody says about you. That's letting them win. Making them take time out of your day to deal with that nonsense.

I bet you still think that C.J. Johnson was swayed to Ole Miss because they paid him and negatively recruited against us.

And what proof do you have that it isn't working? I have way more proof that it is working than you do that it's not, I guarantee you that. Do you think BeastMan is lying? I don't.

I disagree about not refuting what people say about you. IF someone is saying something and it is affecting how you run your football program in this case, you do something to defend yourself. You don't let people keep doing things to hurt you and do nothing.

So, you really think that CJ Johnson was legitimately and legally recruited by Ole Miss?

Goat Holder
07-10-2013, 06:22 PM
And what proof do you have that it isn't working?
Number one, we still seem to be pulling in pretty good players ourselves. And Ole Miss is the team with the attrition lately, not us. And then I have, well, life experience with this sort of thing. You take care of yourself. Sure, take shots at your competition, nothing wrong with that.

I have way more proof that it is working than you do that it's not, I guarantee you that. Do you think BeastMan is lying? I don't.
No, you don't. That's the arrogance and ego I was talking about earlier in this thread. You all are just talking about rumors you've heard, mostly out of your ass. Nothing more, nothing less. So no, you aren't lying, just spreading bogus rumors. Big whoop. I have connections in Starkville too, but you aren't going to hear me talk about them or divulge anything I hear.

I disagree about not refuting what people say about you. IF someone is saying something and it is affecting how you run your football program in this case, you do something to defend yourself. You don't let people keep doing things to hurt you and do nothing.
You're going to be fighting a long battle, my internet friend. And again, I don't think it's hurting us. What they did to us last November hurt us WAAAAY more than anything that comes out of Hugh Freeze's mouth. THAT is why Mississippi recruits are listening to Ole Miss.

So, you really think that CJ Johnson was legitimately and legally recruited by Ole Miss?
No, that's not the point. The point is that MSU screwed that up, not anything done by Ole Miss.

If you'd just back up and get off the high horse, you'd start to see that what I speak is not all that far-fetched, and most likely, pretty damn accurate.

Pollodawg
07-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Freeze knows his audience. He's a good old boy. He knows how to play these people. Mullen is from Massachusetts. He's never had any experience with the real South, and no most of Florida hasn't been culturally Southern in years.

Deep down, Freeze is an incurable redneck from the backwoods of Mississippi. He knows what people around here want to hear. And he is selling it.

hacker
07-10-2013, 07:46 PM
If you'd just back up and get off the high horse, you'd start to see that what I speak is not all that far-fetched, and most likely, pretty damn accurate.

you mean ironic?

War Machine Dawg
07-10-2013, 09:42 PM
The real question in this thread: Where is goat's ):( Bipolar tag?

Todd4State
07-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Number one, we still seem to be pulling in pretty good players ourselves. And Ole Miss is the team with the attrition lately, not us. And then I have, well, life experience with this sort of thing. You take care of yourself. Sure, take shots at your competition, nothing wrong with that. Wait- you have experience with football recruiting? I'm not complaining about what we are getting. My aim is to get even better players along with the ones that we are currently getting.

No, you don't. That's the arrogance and ego I was talking about earlier in this thread. ????????? Go get some Prozac. EVERYONE on this board talks about their sources. Quit pretending like I'm the only one on this board that talks about things that they have heard through the grapevine about MSU sports. You all are just talking about rumors you've heard, mostly out of your ass. By responding to a thread that was started by someone else who was talking about THEIR source and giving my opinion on the subject? Nothing more, nothing less. So no, you aren't lying, just spreading bogus rumors. Big whoop. I have connections in Starkville too, And you're scolding me about bragging about their sources? Irony at it's finest. but you aren't going to hear me talk about them or divulge anything I hear.

You're going to be fighting a long battle, my internet friend. "Battle"? Seriously? And again, I don't think it's hurting us. Well, you're wrong. But that's not surprising. What they did to us last November hurt us WAAAAY more than anything that comes out of Hugh Freeze's mouth. Yep. And that's why we cleaned up in 2011 after we beat their ass and went to the Gator Bowl and they lost to Jacksonville State. THAT is why Mississippi recruits are listening to Ole Miss. Blind squrrel moment for you. I do agree that is part, but what Beastman is saying is also part. They are going to get between 4-6 recruits because of the lies that Freeze is spreading. Believe me if you want or don't, but others on here will back me up on this.

No, that's not the point. The point is that MSU screwed that up, not anything done by Ole Miss. You might want to ask CJ Johnson about that. He wasn't exactly hiding anything he got from Ole Miss.

If you'd just back up and get off the high horse,LOL. you'd start to see that what I speak is not all that far-fetched,No, it's not far fetched, but it's also incorrect. and most likely, pretty damn accurate.

I really shouldn't do this to psychiatric patients. I actually feel kind of bad.

Goat Holder
07-11-2013, 09:03 AM
I really shouldn't do this to psychiatric patients. I actually feel kind of bad.

Haha, when you break out that, well, you know the deal. Look pal, I don't know how to make it any more clear for you than I did in that post. You don't seem to be able to read and comprehend. Some of those things you responded to, I didn't even say. Like I said, it's plain as day. Some of it, you actually agreed with me on, but you are attacking me over it. Whatever, guy. I guess because I don't crown you as the MSU baseball expert you can't see the forest for the trees.

Spider-Man
07-11-2013, 09:27 AM
The real question in this thread: Where is goat's ):( Bipolar tag?

More important question: Where is your Kate Upton signature?

The Croom Diaries
07-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Haha, when you break out that, well, you know the deal. Look pal, I don't know how to make it any more clear for you than I did in that post. You don't seem to be able to read and comprehend. Some of those things you responded to, I didn't even say. Like I said, it's plain as day. Some of it, you actually agreed with me on, but you are attacking me over it. Whatever, guy. I guess because I don't crown you as the MSU baseball expert you can't see the forest for the trees.

Just let it go man. If you don't like Todd's opinions just let it be. Any poster/readers can decipher what they want to believe on this message board and who they think is credible and who isn't. The people who know their opinions and inside knowledge is valued by most will probably come on a little stronger than someone who doesn't have a reputation. If you don't like it just take it with a grain of salt and move on. No need to blast people for the way they communicate on the internet. Let's talk about sports.

War Machine Dawg
07-11-2013, 12:13 PM
More important question: Where is your Kate Upton signature?

No GIF sigs on Elite. :(

Todd4State
07-11-2013, 12:48 PM

Really? I hit the QUOTE function in my response. Everything not in bold was said by you. Hilarious. It's like arguing with a woman.

Goat Holder
07-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Really? I hit the QUOTE function in my response. Everything not in bold was said by you.

You obviously did not understand my post. And quit being a tool with your insults. For example "You're scolding me about my sources"....then you quote when I said I had some too. I only typed that to show you that we all have sources, some better than others, but I don't go around telling everyone how much I know, like you do. That's all. That's probably the first time I've ever said I have sources. You're going to bitch at me about saying "battle"? So what? Of course it's not life or death, how dumb can you be? You're grasping at all possible straws here, dissecting the post down the exact words. Learn the big picture, but I really don't expect any different from you.

Now, I will take Croom Diaries advice.

Spider-Man
07-11-2013, 01:48 PM
No GIF sigs on Elite. :(

A picture will do. Are those allowed?