PDA

View Full Version : Met Brad Peterson, MC Headcoach today

Drugdog
06-24-2015, 07:53 PM
While buying chair back seats. He is very impressive. He drove an hour away while on vacation to support the Cheerleaders who won several competitions.
Also MC is selling tents for tailgating. Very cool idea.

Reunion Dog
06-24-2015, 08:00 PM
I agree. Met him and his wife @ Ruth's Chris a couple of months ago. He has his hands full to clean up after the last idiot coach there... but he is gonna turn it around quickly...

Very personal and doesn't seek the attention that was previously there!

Todd4State
06-24-2015, 08:22 PM
I agree. Met him and his wife @ Ruth's Chris a couple of months ago. He has his hands full to clean up after the last idiot coach there... but he is gonna turn it around quickly...

Very personal and doesn't seek the attention that was previously there!

That was my biggest complaint about Bobby Hall- it was more about Bobby Hall and his stupid antics than it was anything else.

MsStateBaseball
06-24-2015, 08:32 PM
Brad doesn't look down on you like Hall did. He is very nice guy, very personable. He will go a long way. He prob won't stay at MC long but he will do well. You can approach him about anything and he will give you a straight answer.

Todd4State
06-24-2015, 08:35 PM
Brad doesn't look down on you like Hall did. He is very nice guy, very personable. He will go a long way. He prob won't stay at MC long but he will do well. You can approach him about anything and he will give you a straight answer.

Bobby was so short, he didn't look down to too many people.

shoeless joe
06-24-2015, 08:35 PM

Where would he go?

I'm just thinking from a state retirement standpoint. Unless it's for a JUCO gig...no idea whether that's reasonable or not. I doubt he leaves for another high school job.

MsStateBaseball
06-24-2015, 08:41 PM
Just my uneducated guess. I think he'll be successful and then they come a calling. I give him 3 more years. My guess.

Todd4State
06-24-2015, 08:43 PM
Where would he go?

I'm just thinking from a state retirement standpoint. Unless it's for a JUCO gig...no idea whether that's reasonable or not. I doubt he leaves for another high school job.

Yeah- if I were Peterson I would try to turn MC into Mississippi's answer to Hoover HS and make that my career. Maybe take over at Prep or some out of state school after he gets state retirement.

Harrydawg
06-24-2015, 09:10 PM
No question, MC got it right. I wondered for years while living in Madison - why, why do these people put up with Bobby Hall - they, the area is so much better than Bobby Hall. But he was in full control as AD and HC and was really untouchable, for way to long.

Now, Peterson is fund raising at what I think will be record levels for MC. One thing I heard today, having s silent auction for premuim (north end zone) tailgate spots. Best 16 or spots closest to field will be available thru silent auction (minimum $600 bid). Plus, Peterson's leadership as AD will raise all sports - hence, baseball change of leadership - didn't take him long to figure that one out. MC has ALL the pieces and should compete for championships in all sports each year.

Now, it ain't as good it was a few years ago (prior to Germantown) but still should routinely compete at a very high level.

MSUDawg99
06-24-2015, 09:16 PM
I was at the MC combine yesterday helpin out Rosebowl. Brad was there. I didnt meet him though. I helped with registration & recording times for the L-cone drill. But small world. Small town.

Todd4State
06-24-2015, 09:28 PM
No question, MC got it right. I wondered for years while living in Madison - why, why do these people put up with Bobby Hall - they, the area is so much better than Bobby Hall. But he was in full control as AD and HC and was really untouchable, for way to long.

Now, Peterson is fund raising at what I think will be record levels for MC. One thing I heard today, having s silent auction for premuim (north end zone) tailgate spots. Best 16 or spots closest to field will be available thru silent auction (minimum $600 bid). Plus, Peterson's leadership as AD will raise all sports - hence, baseball change of leadership - didn't take him long to figure that one out. MC has ALL the pieces and should compete for championships in all sports each year.

Now, it ain't as good it was a few years ago (prior to Germantown) but still should routinely compete at a very high level.

I don't think the administration at MC totally realized the potential of the program and understood what was going on and how badly they were underachieving. Especially when you had Hall bragging about how much he had done at MC all the time.

I'm surprised that he didn't get fired for some of his antics like going on the radio and calling out MRA's offense while MRA's coach was being interviewed.

I think MC will recover from Germantown pretty quickly.

Harrydawg
06-24-2015, 09:39 PM
On another Madison note, MRA is building in to a player in all sports and you'll see them begin to up Prep beginning this next year......hide and watch. Now, some of this is due to the seniors that just graduated from Prep....but still, you'll see MRA emerge as a leader athletically. MRA is the odds on favorite next school year for MAIS champs in basketball (boys and girls) football and baseball......plus track

Ralph
06-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Is he from Starkville?

Todd4State
06-24-2015, 09:45 PM
On another Madison note, MRA is building in to a player in all sports and you'll see them begin to up Prep beginning this next year......hide and watch. Now, some of this is due to the seniors that just graduated from Prep....but still, you'll see MRA emerge as a leader athletically. MRA is the odds on favorite next school year for MAIS champs in basketball (boys and girls) football and baseball......plus track

They've passed JA right now.

Harrydawg
06-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Yes, the numbers have caught up with JA. They are in a tough spot (athletically)

Bob Sacamano
06-24-2015, 10:12 PM
Louisville.