PDA

View Full Version : NCAA may allow NBA entrants to return to school

Irondawg
06-24-2015, 01:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/13142145/ncaa-proposes-new-nba-draft-rule-allow-underclassmen-return-school

msstate7
06-24-2015, 01:45 PM
So from now on every player declares for the draft

bgover4
06-24-2015, 02:10 PM
So i guess it will be kinda like baseball? Recruit em and hope they show up? I think this kinda evens the playing field. A lot of these top level guys won't be coming in to UK to beat us for one season then moving on.

Johnson85
06-24-2015, 02:15 PM
So i guess it will be kinda like baseball? Recruit em and hope they show up? I think this kinda evens the playing field. A lot of these top level guys won't be coming in to UK to beat us for one season then moving on.

No. The NBA is not changing their age limit. This will be for players already at college but eligible for the draft, so basically rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors. THey get to go to the pre-draft camp and get evaluated, but can still decide to come back to school if they don't like what they hear. But they still have to withdraw from the draft well before the draft. They can't get drafted like in baseball and then negotiate while the player has the option to return to school.

Jack Lambert
06-24-2015, 02:18 PM
I guess they have figure out they are competing against the NBA. I read somewhere that the Post Season NIT touney will allow six fouls rather than five for a trial to see how it works out.

bgover4
06-24-2015, 02:21 PM
No. The NBA is not changing their age limit. This will be for players already at college but eligible for the draft, so basically rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors. THey get to go to the pre-draft camp and get evaluated, but can still decide to come back to school if they don't like what they hear. But they still have to withdraw from the draft well before the draft. They can't get drafted like in baseball and then negotiate while the player has the option to return to school.

Thanks, that makes sense. I guess i should have put a little more thought into that, don't know why i assumed they were talking HS players.

smootness
06-24-2015, 02:26 PM
This is going to make it really hard on some coaches unless they also move back the late signing period. You'll have teams that have 3-4 guys declare and you won't know if you're losing 0 or all 4 until after the signing period. That wouldn't work.