-MSU will have trouble replacing Smith, BMac
-OM has a physical OL. Huh?
-If Kelly just doesn't lose games, OM can compete for West
-MSU has to find a WR to go with Wilson. Ha
-OM could win 11, but he predicts 9 due to QB
-MSU will have to rely solely on Prescott

Lloyd Christmas
06-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Honestly what do you expect? This is the mainstream narrative - and in today's social media world it's better to go with the status quo.

msstate7
06-24-2015, 09:03 AM
I'm sure he said we had question marks at every position last year, but bmac and that we would be lucky to get to bowl. Who cares what he thinks

CadaverDawg
06-24-2015, 09:03 AM
Not shocked at all, just sharing.

He also said "both teams exceeded expectations last year". Did OM? They lost 4 games and I'm pretty sure they were preseason ranked about where they finished. Am I wrong to say OM didn't exceed expectations last year, and that anything under 10 wins this year would also fall short of expectations?

Thoughts?

Buddy
06-24-2015, 09:11 AM
I'm sure he said we had question marks at every position last year, but bmac and that we would be lucky to get to bowl. Who cares what he thinks

Here's what Mike Hugenin had to say in May 2014 about the 2014 season:

SEC West winner:

Huguenin: Auburn. It's tough to pick the West Division winner, too. Of the legit contenders (no, not you, Mississippi or Mississippi State), only Auburn returns its starting quarterback. And that quarterback, Nick Marshall, led the Tigers to the national championship game in his first season as a starter despite being a mediocre (to be kind) passer. Expect Marshall to be a better passer this season and for coach Gus Malzahn to come up with ways to lessen the losses of OT Greg Robinson and RB Tre Mason.

PMDawg
06-24-2015, 09:22 AM
Here's what Mike Hugenin had to say in May 2014 about the 2014 season:

SEC West winner:

Huguenin: Auburn. It's tough to pick the West Division winner, too. Of the legit contenders (no, not you, Mississippi or Mississippi State), only Auburn returns its starting quarterback. And that quarterback, Nick Marshall, led the Tigers to the national championship game in his first season as a starter despite being a mediocre (to be kind) passer. Expect Marshall to be a better passer this season and for coach Gus Malzahn to come up with ways to lessen the losses of OT Greg Robinson and RB Tre Mason.

Nailed it! LOL

blacklistedbully
06-24-2015, 09:25 AM
He has always had it in for Mississippi State. He used to be a writer for Rivals.com. I mixed it up with him a couple of times over garbage he wrote there. He goes well beyond a supposed, "professional" opinion, and has taken numerous cheap shots at MSU.

Big loser.

LC Dawg
06-24-2015, 10:06 AM
I have no problem with these idiots when they say we have questions at certain positions. My problem is when they don't take the time to investigate to see if we have answers.

maroonmania
06-24-2015, 10:11 AM
Was anyone else listening to that?

A few comments he made...

-Ole Miss better than MSU, no question
-MSU questions at OL and RB
-MSU will have trouble replacing Smith, BMac
-OM has a physical OL. Huh?
-If Kelly just doesn't lose games, OM can compete for West
-MSU has to find a WR to go with Wilson. Ha
-OM could win 11, but he predicts 9 due to QB
-MSU will have to rely solely on Prescott

First of all who the heck is Mike Huganin but beyond that, this narrative goes on and on. Just like I posted yesterday where the "realistic" expectation is 6-6 for MSU but 9-3 for OM although they are starting an unknown at QB. But for us, even with the best returning QB in the league, we will be lucky to sneak in the Birmingham Bowl at 6-6. You know, its only fitting that Barrett Sallee's initials are BS.

RiverCityDawg
06-24-2015, 10:18 AM
Quick and easy credibility test for these jokers is whether they acknowledge Fred Ross. I'm not saying they have to declare him All-SEC, but acting like Bear is our only WR tells me all I need to know about how much they've really looked at us.

Jack Lambert
06-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Quick and easy credibility test for these jokers is whether they acknowledge Fred Ross. I'm not saying they have to declare him All-SEC, but acting like Bear is our only WR tells me all I need to know about how much they've really looked at us.

Even if Bear is our only WR we are in good shape.

Coach34
06-24-2015, 10:25 AM
All we have is Prescott and some say even he can't make the necessary throws to win big games. 6 wins is all we should hope for. Anything past that and Mullen is awesome

Liverpooldawg
06-24-2015, 10:36 AM
On the other hand if Freeze doesn't win the national championship with the most talented team in NCAA history he is a total failure.

Maroonthirteen
06-24-2015, 11:48 AM
Yes, right where we need to be.

State always performs better as the under dog. Tell Dak and Bear, they have no chance. Tell Chris Jones and Richie.... Tell Mullen and Hev...tell them!

MadDawg
06-24-2015, 12:45 PM
On the other hand if Freeze doesn't win the national championship with the most talented team in NCAA history he is a total failure.

But the reality is if they win 8 games this year (while predicted to win 8.5 in the regular season) Freeze will be held up as a miracle worker. It's amazing they get all this great press for putting together these "amazing" recruiting classes, yet are never asked to actually do anything with them once they are in oxford.

Billy Ray Valentine
06-24-2015, 03:16 PM

Nailed it right there

BeardoMSU
06-24-2015, 03:30 PM

Well said.

The same goes for the RB position at MSU. Last year the story was "who will replace the Senior, former 1000 yard, running back at MSU"..."I expect them to take a hit in their rushing totals this year"....they obvious haven't been paying attention.

maroonmania
06-24-2015, 06:04 PM
Well said.

The same goes for the RB position at MSU. Last year the story was "who will replace the Senior, former 1000 yard, running back at MSU"..."I expect them to take a hit in their rushing totals this year"....they obvious haven't been paying attention.

I agree with the premise although strictly as a runner I do believe Josh Robinson will be harder to replace than Ladarius Perkins.

Barking 13
06-24-2015, 09:43 PM
I agree with the premise although strictly as a runner I do believe Josh Robinson will be harder to replace than Ladarius Perkins.

Josh who? point blank period....