PDA

View Full Version : Renfroe question

Bullmutt
07-09-2013, 12:44 PM
I noticed that he hasn't signed yet and the signing deadline is 7/12. If a 1st round choice hits the deadline without signing, what are the usual options he has at his disposal?

Coach34
07-09-2013, 12:47 PM
he's in SD to sign today

He just wanted to take a break before reporting- common for players that make deep Omaha runs

Bullmutt
07-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Thanks, Coach. Just wondered if there might be other factors at play.

Todd4State
07-09-2013, 02:28 PM
If a guy who is a junior doesn't sign by the deadline, his option is to go back to school and then be drafted as a senior. If it's someone like Evan Mitchell for example that has a pretty high upside and he thinks that he has a chance to up his stock but maybe is worried that he won't get a rotation spot somewhere like a MSU, he could also transfer down to a someone like a Delta State to insure playing time. That very rarely happens- if ever. But it is an option.

Now, if you are a senior in college and you don't sign by the deadline, I'm not sure if the deadline is in effect since those players have nowhere to go. I have heard of some guys signing with independent leagues in the past in a situation where maybe the really didn't want to go to the team that drafted them- like JD Drew or Luke Hochever- and then re-entering the draft the next June.

Tbonewannabe
07-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Clarion ledger also stated SD also had 83,000 left over from signing the other 9 picks in the top ten rounds. Hunter might get a nice bonus for being last.