PDA

View Full Version : Kent Flowers

EEdawg15
06-23-2015, 03:28 PM
According to Robbie and Matt Bonner on Twitter, Flowers has transferred to Co-Lin.

EEdawg15
06-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Here's a link to the story in the CL.
http://on.thec-l.com/1N6JWDm

Ifyouonlyknew
06-23-2015, 03:30 PM
Grade issues. He left after the spring. The plan is for him to play this season at Co-Lin get his gpa up & be back at MSU in January.

BrunswickDawg
06-23-2015, 04:09 PM
Is Irvin-Sills on s similar plan? See he's transferring too.

HancockCountyDog
06-23-2015, 04:15 PM
Grade issues. He left after the spring. The plan is for him to play this season at Co-Lin get his gpa up & be back at MSU in January.

That sucks - I was high on Flowers. I had him definitely in the two deep this year. Maybe it was just me.

hailmari
06-23-2015, 04:19 PM

I don't know, but from what I saw of him in the scrimmages I went to, I'd assume it's for another reason.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-23-2015, 04:26 PM

No Sills is gone. He's been at home since the spring semester ended.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-23-2015, 04:27 PM
That sucks - I was high on Flowers. I had him definitely in the two deep this year. Maybe it was just me.

He can still reach those high hopes. Plan is to be back in January. Just gotta get his gpa up.

CadaverDawg
06-23-2015, 04:48 PM
According to Robbie and Matt Bonner on Twitter, Flowers has transferred to Co-Lin.

Not the place we need to lose guys. Hurts

Johnson85
06-23-2015, 04:53 PM
He can still reach those high hopes. Plan is to be back in January. Just gotta get his gpa up.

Still sucks. Have to think being in MSU's program and being a backup guard, in addition to being better for our season, would have been better for his development than spending a year at JUCO.

ETA: And how did he screw up his GPA so bad that it couldn't be fixed in summer school? When I was in school, players that didn't care about school would take twelve hours each semester, fail half those hours, and then get 12 hours through summer school and correspondence to stay eligible. Can you not do that anymore?

lachepas565
06-23-2015, 04:57 PM
Also sucks because it will take up one of the 25 to resign him. I'm not sure where scholarship numbers are and whether or not a full 25 would be possible, but one will now have to go to Flowers.

Todd4State
06-23-2015, 05:02 PM
What if Flowers comes back as a walk-on? Does he still take a spot in the class?

SheltonChoked
06-23-2015, 05:14 PM
I don't think we will come close to the 25 this year. Not enough seniors. Probably will be closer to 20.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-23-2015, 05:15 PM
Also sucks because it will take up one of the 25 to resign him. I'm not sure where scholarship numbers are and whether or not a full 25 would be possible, but one will now have to go to Flowers.

He won't take up 1 of our 25. He will just re-enroll & take back his scholarship. Similar to Nick Brassell when he went to EMCC back to OM. He didn't resign just re-enrolled.

DistrictDawg92
06-23-2015, 05:18 PM
What if Flowers comes back as a walk-on? Does he still take a spot in the class?

If you walk on your not on scholarship, which means you don't count towards the 85. And if he walked on he wouldn't count towards the signing class because if you are walking on, you don't sign a scholarship therefore you're not a part of the signing class.

He won't walk on though because if we don't offer him a scholarship, someone will. Technically, he has gone from a player to a commit, which is really odd. It won't affect the 2016 class though at all. Think about it, if you only have 21 scholarships to give out, that's based on the number of scholarships it will take to fill the 85 man scholarship roster. If you lose someone on scholarship, such as Flowers, then you would have 22 scholarships to give, and then Flowers would just take his scholly back, bringing the size of the class back to 21 in reality. Sounds to me like we are just sending him down to AAA for (grades) rehab.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-23-2015, 05:24 PM
I understand we've got to use the jucos, but in 2016 we will have 5 or 6 maybe more juco signees. Should this be a concern going forward for our depth?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-23-2015, 05:30 PM
I understand we've got to use the jucos, but in 2016 we will have 5 or 6 maybe more juco signees. Should this be a concern going forward for our depth?

We won't sign that many jucos. 3 more than likely 4 max.

Coach34
06-23-2015, 05:40 PM
We had 12 legit guys that can play OL in 2015. We are now down to 11. Still far and away more depth than we have ever had. Just means that R-Fr Deion Calhoun better have his ass ready to play some snaps. Hev has been high on this guy- so coach his ass up and let's roll

5 Star
06-23-2015, 05:43 PM
We should be signing 5-8 every year in football.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-23-2015, 05:45 PM
We had 12 legit guys that can play OL in 2015. We are now down to 11. Still far and away more depth than we have ever had. Just means that R-Fr Deion Calhoun better have his ass ready to play some snaps. Hev has been high on this guy- so coach his ass up and let's roll

Calhoun may have been the 3rd OG even if Flowers were here. Hev & the crew like him that much & he's been that good.

Coach34
06-23-2015, 05:46 PM
We should be signing 5-8 every year in football.

I actually agree. With the way Miss jucos are- its ridiculous not to bring in 5 per year to plug holes

Coach34
06-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Calhoun may have been the 3rd OG even if Flowers were here. Hev & the crew like him that much & he's been that good.

Yeah I know- but its also the experience factor of 3rd year player vs R-Fr just about to get his dick wet vs LSU on Sept 12th. Hev has loved Calhoun and Jenkins since the day they put on pads. I look forward to watching them get after it.

DistrictDawg92
06-23-2015, 06:04 PM
We will probably sign around 7 or 8 JUCO's in 2016. Sounds like a lot but if you consider that 5 of them, if you include Flowers along with Durr, Myers, Champion and Cooper, are basically sign and place long term investments it doesn't sound like so much. Sign and place recruits are a win win for a D1 school. You send them to a JUCO of your choice and get to monitor their progress and decide if you want to sign them back or not. So yeah they are technically JUCO signees but in reality they have been in the plan for years and we know what we will be getting from them.

I think every class should consist of 3 or 4 previously signed and placed JUCO guys along with 2 or 3 other JUCO guys that may have been late bloomers or slipped through the cracks because of poor exposure out of high school. If you can consistently sign JUCO's that you have already placed and place high school signees at the same rate, the numbers cancel themselves out.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-23-2015, 06:33 PM
Don't expect Myers or Cooper to be in this class. Flowers doesn't have to re-sign & it's wait & see on Champion on whether he will be able to get out in time. We won't have 7-8 Jucos in a class of 21-24 players.

DistrictDawg92
06-23-2015, 06:45 PM
Don't expect Myers or Cooper to be in this class. Flowers doesn't have to re-sign & it's wait & see on Champion on whether he will be able to get out in time. We won't have 7-8 Jucos in a class of 21-24 players.

I kinda figured that with Cooper but what's going on with Myers? I really liked his athletic ability out of high school, but I guess one could argue he doesn't have a true position although I liked his potential at CB.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-23-2015, 07:11 PM
I kinda figured that with Cooper but what's going on with Myers? I really liked his athletic ability out of high school, but I guess one could argue he doesn't have a true position although I liked his potential at CB.

Cam isn't going to get out in time to be in this class. He will be pushed back to 2017.

Homedawg
06-23-2015, 07:31 PM
Still sucks. Have to think being in MSU's program and being a backup guard, in addition to being better for our season, would have been better for his development than spending a year at JUCO.

ETA: And how did he screw up his GPA so bad that it couldn't be fixed in summer school? When I was in school, players that didn't care about school would take twelve hours each semester, fail half those hours, and then get 12 hours through summer school and correspondence to stay eligible. Can you not do that anymore?

No you can't. Can only count 6 hrs of summer school toward the 24 you must have.

Vinsanity
06-23-2015, 07:52 PM
Took classes with him and let's just say that I'm not shocked that he's transferring for grades.

HancockCountyDog
06-23-2015, 08:04 PM
Cam isn't going to get out in time to be in this class. He will be pushed back to 2017.
I tried to tell folks that there was a very slim chance that the guys that started juco early get finished in one year . Extremely hard to do.