PDA

View Full Version : ok; you MLB 15 PS4 experts

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-23-2015, 02:34 PM
So my daughter knows I love baseball and she buys this 50 something year old kid the MLB 15 game. After playing 3 games I'm hooked (and also sport a 3-0 record) and want to learn more about it. I see all of these things on here like franchise, road to the show, etc. which I have pretty much figured out what they are about. I would imagine if anyone played the franchise mode you would indeed spend GM time running the thing, so I'm not sure I would ever do that one.

But things like Data Utility, Roster Control, Vaults, and then Inventory, etc. Can someone give me the dummy version of using these? And anything else important that I may be missing.

Oh, and how do you pick a team, play a season and it keep up with your progress?

thanks in advanced from a modern day video game idiot.

EEdawg15
06-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Data Utility - This is where you managed all of your files. You can load, delete,

EEdawg15
06-23-2015, 03:25 PM
Data Utility - this is where you manage all of your files. You can load, delete, etc, all of your season, rosters, RTTS, etc.

Roster control- this allows you to manually change the roster of any of the teams. (Not something I ever like to do). It changes the teams roster for quick play etc.

Playing a season - go to game modes, select season, choose your roster option. (Choose default unless you have saved the newest live roster which has updated roster changes like rookie call ups and trades. ). Now choose your season settings such as length of season. I always do a fantasy draft which is where you completely draft your team from the entire player pool. Then you pic your team and you're ready to go. The season will auto save at this point and will auto save after every completed game.

Coach34
06-23-2015, 06:04 PM
My boys are now hooked on PS3- wanted to wait until they are a couple years older before we get a PS4. I'm still playing sports games from 2010 and 2011 because they are coming up with too much shit now to keep up with. Good luck fellow old man

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-23-2015, 08:10 PM
Coach...in listening to my teenage daughter, they haven't made very many ps4 games compared to ps3, so you have probably have made a wise decision.

TheRef
06-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Coach...in listening to my teenage daughter, they haven't made very many ps4 games compared to ps3, so you have probably have made a wise decision.

Well you have to remember that PS4 is a young system, they're getting more and more games each week. Today, they just released Batman Arkham Knight and the latest Final Fantasy game. Not to mention there are some PS4 exclusives that are really well made.

Dawg61
06-23-2015, 09:14 PM

Xbox One just announced backwards compatibility. All those 360 games you enjoyed playing will be available to play on the One for free. I can't wait to play Bioshock, Gears of War, GTA, Borderlands etc.. again.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-24-2015, 09:38 AM
I'm still playing 14 on the PS4 and have only been playing road to the show.