PDA

View Full Version : Athlon Preseason All-American Teams

Dawg496
06-23-2015, 11:57 AM
http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-2015-all-america-team

Dak 2nd team.

Ole Miss has four on the first team.. same amount as the defending champs. National Championship or bust.

confucius say
06-23-2015, 12:01 PM
Serious question. Would you rather have mississippi's 4 or dak?

Dawg496
06-23-2015, 12:13 PM

On our team? I might roll with Nicky F and see what we get. Adding DT depth, an all american safety, elite OL depth and a Laquan to the Bear-Ross combo might be too much for me to turn down.

Can Mullen/Johnson get Fitzgerald to be just serviceable?

Then again there is the possibility that our RBs don't perform and we lose the running threat that is Dak. Difficult choice.

On the other hand, Ole Miss should definitely take Dak over the four.

messageboardsuperhero
06-23-2015, 12:13 PM
UM has four first team all-americans and a second team all-american. This includes the best offensive tackle, defensive tackle, wide receiver, and safety in the entire country- to go along with arguably the best pass catching TE in the country.
UM returns the majority of their playmakers from best defense in the country- and might have upgraded at CB even after losing another all-american.
UM has the best WR corp in the SEC.
Phil Steele says they will have one of the top five offensive line units in America.
UM will also have a veteran stable of backs and a former 4* QB with NFL pedigree leading the way.

The media has said time and time again that UM literally has more talent than anyone in the country at ever position on the field. If Hugh Freeze does not win the SEC with this group, he is the worst coach in college football.

Bothrops
06-23-2015, 12:24 PM
According to the rankings, Ole Miss' players are better between January and August than they are between August and January.

confucius say
06-23-2015, 12:26 PM
UM has four first team all-americans and a second team all-american. This includes the best offensive tackle, defensive tackle, wide receiver, and safety in the entire country- to go along with arguably the best pass catching TE in the country.
UM returns the majority of their playmakers from best defense in the country- and might have upgraded at CB even after losing another all-american.
UM has the best WR corp in the SEC.
Phil Steele says they will have one of the top five offensive line units in America.
UM will also have a veteran stable of backs and a former 4* QB with NFL pedigree leading the way.

The media has said time and time again that UM literally has more talent than anyone in the country at ever position on the field. If Hugh Freeze does not win the SEC with this group, he is the worst coach in college football.

If they get top 5 play out of their ol, and just mediocre qb play, they very well may win the west. But they won't.

I expect freeze to really try and run the ball much more this year.

jumbo
06-23-2015, 12:43 PM

like 496 said I'd take their 4 with the rest of our team. Jones and Kimdeeche would be unblockable together and Bear/Treadwell with Ross underneath would give defenses nightmares. I have complete confidence that Fitzgerald could lead that team.

starkvegasdawg
06-23-2015, 12:55 PM
You would give up Dak for this?

Robert Kimdashian - Thug with a history of being in trouble. Potential locker room cancer
Laquon Treadwell - Receiver with excellent size but barely above average speed coming up a major leg injury.
Laramy Tunsil - Nicknamed Big Softie for a reason. Takes plays off and gets hurt and has to miss half a game every time he gets challenged
Tony Connor - The only one on the list I wouldn't mind having on our team now.

No way, I trade one of college football's elite QB's for that list. Not to mention the fact that he lives and breathes MSU. Turned down his homestate school to honor his commitment to be here. Screw those 4 from TSUN. Give me Dak and the rest of this team all day every day.

messageboardsuperhero
06-23-2015, 01:27 PM
You would give up Dak for this?

Robert Kimdashian - Thug with a history of being in trouble. Potential locker room cancer
Laquon Treadwell - Receiver with excellent size but barely above average speed coming up a major leg injury.
Laramy Tunsil - Nicknamed Big Softie for a reason. Takes plays off and gets hurt and has to miss half a game every time he gets challenged
Tony Connor - The only one on the list I wouldn't mind having on our team now.

No way, I trade one of college football's elite QB's for that list. Not to mention the fact that he lives and breathes MSU. Turned down his homestate school to honor his commitment to be here. Screw those 4 from TSUN. Give me Dak and the rest of this team all day every day.

Oh please. I wouldn't trade Dak for that group either- but if all four of those players wanted to transfer to MSU tomorrow, we'd take them in a heartbeat and start them from day 1.

drunkernhelldawg
06-23-2015, 01:32 PM
I wonder if Treadwell will be as good as he was before the injury.

TUSK
06-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Oh please. I wouldn't trade Dak for that group either- but if all four of those players wanted to transfer to MSU tomorrow, we'd take them in a heartbeat and start them from day 1.

this is correct. Hell, they'd all start at Bammer, prolly...

thf24
06-23-2015, 01:46 PM
I wonder if Treadwell will be as good as he was before the injury.

I think worst case (for him) he'll still be a good receiver, because a lot of what makes him good comes from attributes other than athleticism. But assuming he'll be the exact same player he was before after an injury like that before he actually takes the field in a real game is very naive on the part of much of their fan base who're doing so.

LC Dawg
06-23-2015, 01:54 PM
I enjoy all the preseason accolades for the Rebels because all that does is create pressure and I don't think Freeze handles pressure very well. He always tries to temper the expectations of that delusional fanbase and I expect him to put on a full court press of suppressing expectations before this season.
If they lose a game they shouldn't it could all unravel quickly. They should be favored against Florida but if they lose that game coupled with a Bama loss and they are getting very shaky play from the quarterback position Freeze's seat will get a little warm. This is the prime time to troll Freeze on Twitter and watch his head explode.

starkvegasdawg
06-23-2015, 01:55 PM

I would agree with taking them on a transfer basis but no way I trade Dak for them.

1bigdawg
06-23-2015, 02:02 PM
this is correct. Hell, they'd all start at Bammer, prolly...

Tusk, you are a great poster, but you are being mighty generous in saying 1st team All Americanc wouldprobablystart for Bama.

TUSK
06-23-2015, 02:21 PM
Tusk, you are a great poster, but you are being mighty generous in saying 1st team All Americanc wouldprobablystart for Bama.

RN, Conner & Treadwell would start without any doubt in my mind...

I believe Tunsil vs Cam Robinson would be a battle for LT, though... one would prolly be moved to RT.

dig?

edit: I'd take Ingram, too... then move OJ Howard to WR/TE

Coach34
06-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Ole Missus should be the favorite in the West with all that talent

messageboardsuperhero
06-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Ole Missus should be the favorite in the West with all that talent

What blows my mind is that these same media outlets who report that UM has the greatest players ever at every position still pick them to finish 3rd or 4th in the division... It's like they don't even believe their own personnel/talent evaluations.

chef dixon
06-23-2015, 03:50 PM
Let's be real, these guys are great players but being highly recruited/having a big name is easily one of the biggest determining factors for All-American teams. Has anyone ever been less productive and plastered all over All-American teams for the last couple years than Robert Nkemdiche?

Edit to note that the line on that is that he is busy getting double and triple teamed while clogging up the middle of the line, yet if there was a weakness in their defense last year, it was straight up the gut.

messageboardsuperhero
06-23-2015, 03:55 PM
Let's be real, these guys are great players but being highly recruited/having a big name is easily one of the biggest determining factors for All-American teams. Has anyone ever been less productive and plastered all over All-American teams for the last couple years than Robert Nkemdiche?

Edit to note that the line on that is that he is busy getting double and triple teamed while clogging up the middle of the line, yet if there was a weakness in their defense last year, it was straight up the gut.

I do agree that Nkemdiche gets more credit from the media than he deserves- but I'd still like to have him on our team.

Coach34
06-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Kimchee is a quality DT- no doubt. Is he a 1st team AA? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no he isnt. He is a 3rd team All-SEC DT at best. But he can play when he gets pissed off and gets after it.

archdog
06-23-2015, 09:06 PM

Just imagine if we only had one major university in this state and the talents were combined. LSU has it too easy.

MSUDawg99
06-23-2015, 09:15 PM
Just imagine if we only had one major university in this state and the talents were combined. LSU has it too easy.

I've often said same exact thing myself.

TUSK
06-23-2015, 09:47 PM

no doubt... if there were only one D-1 program per state, Mississippi would be top 15-20 every year.

Covercorner2
06-23-2015, 10:29 PM

Great poster, my ass. More like the king of backhanded compliments. See exhibit A: above.

His time will come this year and Applebee's bar's stock will boom.

TUSK
06-23-2015, 11:03 PM
Great poster, my ass. More like the king of backhanded compliments. See exhibit A: above.

His time will come this year and Applebee's bar's stock will boom.

1) "exhibit A" is accurate.
2) see my signature.
3) "my time" could come in the next 3-5 years and I'd still be appreciative and still never, ever go in to Applebee's...

scottycameron
06-24-2015, 10:58 AM
1) "exhibit A" is accurate.
2) see my signature.
3) "my time" could come in the next 3-5 years and I'd still be appreciative and still never, ever go in to Applebee's...

what's wrong with Applebees? At least grownups don't wear jersys there. You can do worse.