PDA

View Full Version : New to buying Season Tickets

TheProfessor
06-22-2015, 10:54 PM
So I just bought season football tickets for the first time last week as I graduated two years ago. I have a few questions about how the process works.

I bought tickets in a priority section but it didn't charge me for the donation fee immediately. When is this donation required to be paid?

Also, it instantly ranked me around 8000 in the Bulldog Club out of about 12,000 members. What is a good rank to be at to get priority on the big events? It seems that a good way to climb the ranks is to just consistently buy season tickets year in year out to move up.

And last, how does the renewal process work? Will I be able to get better tickets next year or does everyone have first right to their tickets each year if they choose to renew? For example, will I be able to jump in front of people to get better tickets next year?

Thanks for any help as I am new to all of this.

huffy
06-23-2015, 06:24 AM
1 - By purchasing season tickets, you pledged to make the donation before the end of the year.
2 - making other donations to the university through the Bulldog club is the best way to climb the ranks... as far as a decent rank, you probably okay. I'm ranked arount 7300 and I got Bama tickets with no problem.. but as far as high quality playoff games, it may not be the best seats. But I feel like you will still be okay.
3 - The renewals process will hold your current seats until the end of march next year. as far as changing your seats, I'm not too sure. I know it's possible and it's based on rank.

FlabLoser
06-23-2015, 07:26 AM
Changing seats...

When your number (rank) comes up, you can choose any intaken seats in the stadium. Pickings will be slim. You can likely get slightly better every 2 years or so.

This is done online at a scheduled time.

shannondawg
06-23-2015, 08:00 AM
You need to be commended for having that high of a ranking only being out of school two years. You keep giving at that rate, you can have any seat you want in a few years...

As long as your bulldog club pledge is more than the premiums on your seats you will not be billed.

Dawgbite
06-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Buy womens Basketball season tickets. Last year after the season started they offered Womens Basketball tickets for $15 each. For $15 I got the same points as a Football season ticket and the same points as a $100 donation. I bought 6. Season tickets, Post season/ bowl tickets, and continuous years membership are the quickest way to accumulate points. If we had made the Championship games last year, it would have required being below 2000 or possibly 1500 to get tickets through the Bulldog Club.

BulldogBear
06-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Buy womens Basketball season tickets. Last year after the season started they offered Womens Basketball tickets for $15 each. For $15 I got the same points as a Football season ticket and the same points as a $100 donation. I bought 6. Season tickets, Post season/ bowl tickets, and continuous years membership are the quickest way to accumulate points. If we had made the Championship games last year, it would have required being below 2000 or possibly 1500 to get tickets through the Bulldog Club.

Seems like road game tickets help. And when we hosted the regional two years ago at Dudy Noble, I bought a pass for all games and that gave me some points.

TheProfessor
06-23-2015, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the info. I guess my main question is say I have a higher rank next year when football season tickets purchasing comes around... For example, my rank is 6000, would I have the option of buying whoever is ranked 7000's season tickets from the prior year or will he or she have the rights to those seats? Or is it based strictly on rank, 1-12,000 on how to choose seats each year?

Basically, I'm in section 07 this year, and I want to move to better seats next year.

BulldogBear
06-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the info. I guess my main question is say I have a higher rank next year when football season tickets purchasing comes around... For example, my rank is 6000, would I have the option of buying whoever is ranked 7000's season tickets from the prior year or will he or she have the rights to those seats? Or is it based strictly on rank, 1-12,000 on how to choose seats each year?

No, you can't "take" somebody else's seats. That only happens when the stadium is reseated periodically. In the meantime... you CAN upgrade if seats are available due to non-renewals or down grades, etc.

MSUDawg99
06-23-2015, 04:46 PM
No, you can't "take" somebody else's seats. That only happens when the stadium is reseated periodically. In the meantime... you CAN upgrade if seats are available due to non-renewals or down grades, etc.

Yes but the seating is done in (time) order based on ranking. So if you have a higher ranking than someone else, you get the option sooner (on the calendar) to choose whether to stay where you are or move. And if you move, you can only choose what's left available. You can't bump someone out of their seats that's a lower ranking (or higher either, obvs) than you.

BulldogBear
06-23-2015, 06:30 PM
Yes but the seating is done in (time) order based on ranking. So if you have a higher ranking than someone else, you get the option sooner (on the calendar) to choose whether to stay where you are or move. And if you move, you can only choose what's left available. You can't bump someone out of their seats that's a lower ranking (or higher either, obvs) than you.

Correct, I didn't go that far with it!!

MSUDawg99
06-23-2015, 07:17 PM
Correct, I didn't go that far with it!!

I actually was meaning to reply to him, not you but just explain what you already did in further detail. Ha. Sorry.

Howboutdemdogs
06-24-2015, 06:40 AM
Congrats on being a ticket holder and Bulldog club member. The key is being committed. Win or loses, just keep supporting. I have been a member for over 20 years. There is a lot you can do to increase your rank, but the main thing is patience and diligence. I finally broke under the 1k mark for rankings. Just do this and you will climb:

- never stop donating, you value award net increases by the club ever ten years.
- buy your season tickets for all sports
- purchase your bowl tickets for. MSU, easy points!
- donate just a little more than just your seat requirements
- if you have kids that will be or are students or you are one at State, join the Jr or Student Bulldig Club to start your membership.

Howboutdemdogs
06-24-2015, 06:42 AM
Damn I hate auto correct on this IPad. My typing sucks. Need to proof better.

sleepy dawg
06-24-2015, 09:29 AM
What is a good rank to be at to get priority on the big events?

You move up quick to start, but now will slow way down. Most of the people you passed are probably inactive now. You will get a crappy seat at a bowl game where you are. I'm in the upper 6000s, and I've had shitty bowl game seats every year. You probably need to get to the 4000 range or so before you can get decent bowl game seats. I may never get there.

Jack Lambert
06-24-2015, 09:40 AM
So I just bought season football tickets for the first time last week as I graduated two years ago. I have a few questions about how the process works.

I bought tickets in a priority section but it didn't charge me for the donation fee immediately. When is this donation required to be paid?

Also, it instantly ranked me around 8000 in the Bulldog Club out of about 12,000 members. What is a good rank to be at to get priority on the big events? It seems that a good way to climb the ranks is to just consistently buy season tickets year in year out to move up.

And last, how does the renewal process work? Will I be able to get better tickets next year or does everyone have first right to their tickets each year if they choose to renew? For example, will I be able to jump in front of people to get better tickets next year?

Thanks for any help as I am new to all of this.

I changed seats this year. I had the opertunity to take my seats at any time however you will be given a window based on your rankings to go and change seats. You will not lose your and will remaind on hold until you either pick new ones or keep the ones you have. There is a three day window I believe.