PDA

View Full Version : Good article on USM football

Todd4State
06-22-2015, 06:21 PM
And why they are where they are.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/southern-miss-golden-eagles-college-football-realignment-losers/

Dawgcentral
06-22-2015, 06:36 PM
USM has problems that extend well beyond athletics. I was told this week by a trusted friend, and member of this board, that his daughter and he inquired into some courses offered for his daughter that involved the nursing program down there. No cooperation what so ever from USM. They even asked him, " Just what exactly does she want to know?"

Hell man, maybe some info on junior orientation, what the instructors and classes are all about and maybe the success rate of job placement after graduation?

Screw USM. They've earned what they wallow in now.

As for football, they screwed themselves when they fired Bower.

Jacksondevildog
06-22-2015, 06:44 PM
The entire athletic program is in big trouble down there. The rise of Mississippi State and Ole Miss along with the SEC and SEC Network is killing USM. Recruits don't want to go there anymore. Honestly, in the last 5 or 6 years, what recruit has State or Ole Miss wanted and offered than ended up in Hattiesburg? Don't name Anthony Alford because USM hired his high school coach to sweeten that deal. They beat State and Ole Miss this year in baseball, but we were horrible and the Rebels were down as well. They just extended Scott Berry after failing to make the NCAA's again.

Todd4State
06-22-2015, 06:49 PM
The entire athletic program is in big trouble down there. The rise of Mississippi State and Ole Miss along with the SEC and SEC Network is killing USM. Recruits don't want to go there anymore. Honestly, in the last 5 or 6 years, what recruit has State or Ole Miss wanted and offered than ended up in Hattiesburg? Don't name Anthony Alford because USM hired his high school coach to sweeten that deal. They beat State and Ole Miss this year in baseball, but we were horrible and the Rebels were down as well. They just extended Scott Berry after failing to make the NCAA's again.

USM also had an upper class laden team- and "just happened" to pitch their ace against us.

Anthony Alford was basically USM making a deal with the devil.

I think USM more than likely ends up in I-AA at some point in time.