PDA

View Full Version : Rank 2015 SEC West games from easiest to hardest

Coach34
06-22-2015, 02:12 PM
1. Ole Missus- Home team wins Egg. It's a law now
2. LSU- Poor QB play for them at night in DW-Jackie Sherrill Stadium means back to back losses for LSU against State
3. @A&M- lost half their defensive starters of a shitty defense. They are soft right now and that is more than a 1 yr project for Chavis. They will score some points though to make it a hard-fought victory for us.
4. Alabama- Time to slay the dragon at home in what will be a huge build-up coming into this game. I dont think they have the QB play to beat us at home.
5. @Auburn- Huge Secondary issues for Auburn but they will be better coached on D. A good DL will make them formidable on D. A really good O. Gonna be tough to win on the Plains but playing them the week after LSU helps some.
6. @UPig- Arkansas in mid-November. Playing them the week after upsetting Bama and the week before Ole Missus is an almost guaranteed letdown. They are physical on the OL and it will almost assuredly be a nasty cold day. All things combined- the toughest game we will play all year.

Jack Lambert
06-22-2015, 02:17 PM
Has Mullen ever had a let down lose?

cbrunt29
06-22-2015, 02:18 PM
1) LSU
2) Mississippi
3) @ A&M
4) Alabama
5) @ Arkansas
6) @ Auburn

smootness
06-22-2015, 02:18 PM
LSU
@A&M
Ole Miss
@Arkansas
Alabama
@Auburn

Coach34
06-22-2015, 02:20 PM
Has Mullen ever had a let down lose?

only game Mullen has lost as the favorite was at Auburn in 2011 I believe

DancingRabbit
06-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Where Arkansas falls on the schedule does make me worry about that game, but I think Auburn's talent, coaching and the "bad luck" we have at Jordan–Hare outweighs the schedule concern.

1. Ole Miss
2. LSU
3. @A&M
4. Alabama
5. @Arky
6. @Auburn

TUSK
06-22-2015, 02:24 PM
I'll take a stab at it:

@ Texas A&M
LSU
Ole Miss
@ Arkansas
Alabama
@ Auburn

5 Star
06-22-2015, 02:34 PM
Ole Miss and Arkansas are unquestionably #1 and #6 in my opinion, for the reasons you stated. The middle gets dicey, all those will be hard. LSU is probably the easiest though since they will no doubt be getting our best shot, which should be enough to win, no matter how good they are.

LC Dawg
06-22-2015, 02:37 PM
1. Ole Miss
2. LSU
3. @A&M
4. @Arky
5. @Auburn
6. Alabama

Our seniors have beaten everyone in the West except Bama. Last year in Tuscaloosa the moment overwhelmed our players and coaches imo. Games where you are trying to get a monkey off your back are rarely easy. We almost screwed around and lost the LSU game last year just because of a little lack of focus by our coach. I'm so glad the Bama game is in 'Vegas this year.

Jack Lambert
06-22-2015, 02:51 PM

Is that the year Auburn tap into our head sets?

BulldogBear
06-22-2015, 03:16 PM
I'll take a stab at it:

@ Texas A&M
LSU
Ole Miss
@ Arkansas
Alabama
@ Auburn

Very similar to mine TUSK except I'd switch Arkansas and Auburn. Really, I guess the reason is where they fall on the schedule right between Bammer and UMiss. Trap game of Trap games to boot.

FISHDAWG
06-22-2015, 03:26 PM
I just don't get all the fear/respect for Auburn ... we will beat them at their house

DistrictDawg92
06-22-2015, 03:34 PM
@A&M
Ole Miss
LSU
Bama
@Auburn
@Arkansas

drunkernhelldawg
06-22-2015, 04:08 PM
1. AM
2. LSu
3. Ole Miss
4. Arkansas
5.Auburn
6. Bama

Damn. The SECW is more loaded than ever this season. Damn. I really don't think home field is going to make much difference in any game this season. I feel that home advantage is diminishing overall because athletes are more sophisticated and able to focus on performance despite distractions.

Bottom line here: We better put a good team on the field because our competition certainly will.

I just had to rank Bama #1; it's hard to cleanse my system of forty-something years of Bama-induced heartbreak. Maybe this year.

smootness
06-22-2015, 04:51 PM
I really don't think home field is going to make much difference in any game this season. I feel that home advantage is diminishing overall because athletes are more sophisticated and able to focus on performance despite distractions.

I think you're probably wrong. Look at the NFL, home field is huge because most teams are pretty similar in talent. Home field is a big deal; the reason it may not seem as big a deal in college football is because there's a bigger disparity in talent.

drunkernhelldawg
06-22-2015, 04:59 PM
I think you're probably wrong. Look at the NFL, home field is huge because most teams are pretty similar in talent. Home field is a big deal; the reason it may not seem as big a deal in college football is because there's a bigger disparity in talent.

You're right to some extent, but the advantage is only 3% in MLB and 7% in the NFL. Here's an article with a chart from NFL.com that breaks it down. http://www.nfl.com/features/freakonomics/episode-7

eta: actually closer to 4% in MLB

War Machine Dawg
06-22-2015, 05:38 PM

And the bastards needed the refs and bugged headsets to pull it off that day.

As for my list:
1. LSU
2. aTm
3. Mississippi
4. Bama
5. UPig
6. Auburn

PMDawg
06-22-2015, 06:34 PM
LSU
A&M
OLE MISS
AUBURN
ARKANSAS
BAMA

fader2103
06-22-2015, 08:14 PM
aTm
LSU
Auburn
Ole Miss
Alabama
Arkansas

I seen it dawg
06-22-2015, 08:51 PM
State wins sec west

TUSK
06-22-2015, 09:01 PM
State wins sec west

again?

the59dawg
06-22-2015, 10:44 PM
1. Ole Missus- Home team wins Egg. It's a law now
2. LSU- Poor QB play for them at night in DW-Jackie Sherrill Stadium means back to back losses for LSU against State
3. @A&M- lost half their defensive starters of a shitty defense. They are soft right now and that is more than a 1 yr project for Chavis. They will score some points though to make it a hard-fought victory for us.
4. Alabama- Time to slay the dragon at home in what will be a huge build-up coming into this game. I dont think they have the QB play to beat us at home.
5. @Auburn- Huge Secondary issues for Auburn but they will be better coached on D. A good DL will make them formidable on D. A really good O. Gonna be tough to win on the Plains but playing them the week after LSU helps some.
6. @UPig- Arkansas in mid-November. Playing them the week after upsetting Bama and the week before Ole Missus is an almost guaranteed letdown. They are physical on the OL and it will almost assuredly be a nasty cold day. All things combined- the toughest game we will play all year.

Schedule has two weeks between LSU and Auburn. NWState between them

DancingRabbit
06-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Schedule has two weeks between LSU and Auburn. NWState between them

He's talking about Auburn playing LSU while we're playing NWState.

CohenSidedWithGreatness
06-23-2015, 12:18 AM
I'll go with

1. A&M
2. LSU
3. OM
4. Arkansas
5. Auburn
6. Alabama

I seen it dawg
06-23-2015, 06:58 AM
again?

Yeah so?

Johnson85
06-23-2015, 07:27 AM
Tier I
I think UM and LSU are similar and will be the "easiest".

Tier II
@A&M is next in a group by themselves.

Tier III
Then I think Bama, @Auburn, and @UPig are all going to basically equally tough.

I'm sure one or two of these teams will suprise on the upside and separate themselves, and at least one team will surprise on the downside (although that could be more because somebody has to lose some games more than because they are really down in talent), but right now, there just doesn't look to be much separation.

Bullmutt
06-23-2015, 10:46 AM
1) LSU
2) OM
3) A&M
4) Bama
5) Arky
6) Aubie

MSUDawg99
06-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Yeah so?

Hey whatever happened to the other infamous "I seen it" msg board personality? He's the whole reason I joined & I have yet to see a post from him. Disappointed.

archdog
06-23-2015, 11:28 AM
Is that the year Auburn tap into our head sets?

Yes. Cheating 17ers

Joe Schmedlap
06-23-2015, 11:50 AM
All games against SEC West opponents will be a war. Not an easy game in the bunch. Home field still matters as do injuries which cannot be accounted for until they occur.

1. LSU
2. Mississippi
3. aTM
4. Alabama
5. Arkansas
6. AU

4-2 would be an impressive record against that list of opponents.